+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MISSED PREGAME???? READ THIS

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Dan,
    Let me set the record straight on LPB. He has NOT spewed any hatred comments on this board. He was banned because he used a players' name in a post and said that he should get some bench time while another player got a chance to play. I know him better than anyone on this board and he is a proud Tech graduate and a proud Tech fan. Careful what you post,Dan, you know everyone reads this board.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Dan,
    By reading the editorial from the Shreveport Times - with or without your own opinions on it - you gave an unbalanced view of this site to everyone listening to your broadcast. The editorial had already been posted on this site Saturday morning VERY early. By reading it you gave endorsement of it - and an unbalanced view of BB&B. I am very disappointed!

Markay

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar
    I agree wholeheartedly with what Dan and Aubrey have written. This is a very PUBLIC forum. Disagree all you want with decisions made by coaches and administrators. All that I would ask is that it is done in a RESPECTFUL manner. You may not like the President of Tech or the Head Coach of the Football team or whatever, but at least be respectful of the POSITION. Name-calling is totally unacceptable. Sure, all other boards have this problem, but does that make it OK?

BTW, I am just as concerned about the direction Tech athletics is going, but I am no insider and I can't begin to understand all the complex issues facing Tech, so I refuse to contribute to heresay, rumors and name-calling.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar
    LPB may not have mean't it that way, but he sure came across as hateful.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Dan,

So I guess you want everyone to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that there are not MAJOR problems with the Louisiana Tech Football program?

It is lack of leadership and discipline that has gotten us to the point that we are currently at on and off the field. Do you want to continue down that road?

If not, then you know that changes must be made.

Chris Bentley
    Monroe, LA

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewman
    Your comments about LPB are wrong....he DOES count...at least to outside folks who read this forum. A recruit has no idea who LPB is (LPB posted anonymously remember) or what position he holds. How could anyone possible feel that ANY venom spewed on this board should not be viewed by a recruit as from a perspective of "hating Tech?" LPB is gone now, but we cannot undue any damage he may have done on outsiders' perspective of Tech and its supporters.

There are 2 reasons I said what I did in the postgame: 1) I KNEW that there would be those BB&B 'ers who would automatically perceive my comments as an attack and would therefore "retaliate;" (Obviously I wasn't wrong about that one!) 2) I KNEW that MANY BB&B 'ers, even though they had not heard exactly what I said, would infer whatever they wanted to and would then attack me.

The fact that I KNEW these things is an indication of what I feel is wrong with our board. I shouldn't have to justify to anyone on this board my commitment to Tech through the years. But to some here IT MATTERS NOT WHAT THE TRUTH REALLY IS! Emotionally they post whatever with no regard for anyone who reads.

Yes, everyone has the right to express opinions. But they should each take responsibility for those opinions.
    Mr. Newman,

I think you and Mr. Waston are perhaps failing to realize a couple of points.

First, do you think that this (an internet bbs) is exclusive to Louisiana Tech? I realize that it is easier to get fired up about it because the discussion is about your school -- but perhaps you should try an experiment: try reading the board (you can scroll back through lots and lots of posts) while maintaining a more "detached" point of view, THEN go around on the 'net and read message boards discussions at other division 1 universities.

I think you'll find two things: One, that the talk (especially the negative -- which some are choosing to dwell on, while making no mention of the postive aspects) on BB&B isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Nothing is said here that isn't said by other people at every university where fans care. Maybe Mr. Watson and you should consider that. Right, wrong, or indifferent -- that's the way it is. IT HAPPENS. Do I agree with everything that is posted here? Of course not. But I'm able to put it into its proper prospective. Read around on the net, and maybe you can get a better idea of this.

Secondly, I think you'll also find that the fans that participate here are as loyal and as passionate as any you'll find ANYWHERE -- at any Big12 or SEC school. Why would that suprise or shock anyone? At any "big" school site, when a team has problems, or fails to meet expectations you can read fans' bitching and moaning. Do I participate in that on here? I try not to. Does it suprise or bother me that some do? Hell no. We've got some fired up fans that REALLY CARE about, foremost our university, AND our athletic programs. And we're going to talk about it. Just like anywhere else.

Finally, about your comments on the Watson article during the pre-game Saturday -- I don't know exactly what your motives or intentions were -- but you read a column that was practically an idictment addressed to this community, then stated that people should 1) open their checkbooks, and 2) go to every Tech event they can.

Don't you realize that the people that read and participate in this board are the exact people that do that?

If there were more people that cared like the people on this board, we wouldn't have budget or attendance concerns.

I don't mean to come off harsh towards you, Mr. Newman, or Mr. Watson. I appreciate the work that you and Mr. Watson do for our university, and I realize that both you and he are big, big Louisiana Tech supporters. But one of the reasons I realize it, is because I've read it on BB&B.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewman
    But to some here IT MATTERS NOT WHAT THE TRUTH REALLY IS! Emotionally they post whatever with no regard for anyone who reads.

Yes, everyone has the right to express opinions. But they should each take responsibility for those opinions.
    That is an interesting point. Perhaps Jimmy Watson should be a little more responsible with his opinions.

He should have spent a little more time on this board and should have done a little more research before writing his column.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Tulsadawg,
    I thought I had read all of LPB's posts, but, I must have missed some if you thought they were full of hate. Maybe you can point some of those out to me.

Just about any post he made regarding Richard on the old board.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Mr. Newman,

2 things-

Let's cut to the quick for just a sec. The last sentence of Mr. Watson's COLUMN dismissed the whole website out of hand and summarized the tone of the COLUMN. I know it, you know it and Mr. Watson knows it. And that's fine, it's his opinion, and I'm as big a 1st amendment guy as the next fellow. But your reading and trumpeting of a COLUMN which attempted to totally discredit and trash one of your sponsors was little under the bar of professionalism IMHO. And I do realize that you are unpaid, and nobody laments that more than me, but I think that a standard of professionalism (in particular, treatment of a broadcast's sponsors) should be striven for nonetheless. I think you were wrong, Dan, that's all. It happens to all of us. I couldn't listen to the pre-game, so I wouldn't know if you specifically called out Dwayne Woodard or not. But, in the future, I would ask that if you have a personal beef with him or any of us, please approach the individual about it in person and work it out face-to-face rather than in a medium where they have no opportunity to defend theirself--particularly one that we are helping to pay for. Again, if it was NOT said, then my apologies (see, that's not so hard).

Second,

This is a production note. Please stop complaining so much about officiating during the broadcast. I realize that bad calls are made, but at times it starts to sound "small-ish". And I worry that if someone from the outside were listening in, like a recruit, we would come off sounding cry-baby-ish. That is not a bashing, just constructive criticism (since that is what we are doing today). I think everything else pertaining to the broadcast is top shelf and STILL say, pound for pound, we are lucky to have one of the best broadcast teams in the country.

Thank you,

Ryan Bell (see, doesn't AustinDawg sound better?)

I guess I must have missed those. He may have said Richard was not a good coach, but I don't recall any hateful posts. Opinions are like something else we all have. We all have them.

No, you didn't miss them. I understand you know LPB better than anyone else :wink: and did not interpret them that way. But, that is how I, an innocent bystander, took them. And, evidently, I am not the only one.

Puppy dnewman is an unknown
    "I know it, you know it and Mr. Watson knows it."

An assumption on your part that I don't "know" nor do I agree with.

"But your reading and trumpeting of a COLUMN which attempted to totally discredit and trash one of your sponsors was little under the bar of professionalism IMHO."

Your assumption that Watson's attempt was to "totally discredit and trash one of your sponsors" is unproven as well. What was his intent? I don't know....do you? Have you spoken to him? And by the way, I merely read the article, I did not "trumpet" anything.

And since when is BB&B "MY" sponsor? It's the Louisiana Tech Football Network, not mine. BB&B's support is of the University, not me.

Do you subscribe to the belief that folks listening to the broadcast are incapable of hearing the column and forming an educated opinion on their own? I happen to believe they can and give them that benefit of the doubt.

And which "standard of professionalism" are you promoting? The one that allows anyone to say anything, regardless of its cost, on this most public of forums in total anonymity?

I'm sorry you did not hear the broadcast so that you could (as an informed individual) address exactly what I did or did not do. I WAS professional according to any broadcast journalistic guidelines I know of. I did not mention Dwayne's name nor infer anything about him OR BB&B OR any other individual or group. I read a column and asked for everyone listening to send a check to Tech and be at the Fresno game.... Beginning and end of it!

Re: your production suggestion.....I'll take it under advisement. If I didn't see officiating at every level deteriorating so much over the past 5 years, I wouldn't even mention it. Maybe I shouldn't mention it at all. But then people unable to see it in person wouldn't know all about the game. I appreciate your thoughts.

Puppy dnewman is an unknown
    "I don't think you handled yourself well when commenting on the editorial. Mentioning DFM on the air in conjunction with the editorial was WAY out of line. No, I did not hear it because I was at the game, but I've had two people who did hear it and know I'm involved with BBB who asked me first thing this morning who this DFM guy was. As I have stated, I don't expect an "on air" retraction, but eating a little crow here on the board would be nice. Thanks for all you do.
    Monty Hogg"

Once again, I wish you had heard my comments. I NEVER mentioned Dwayne's name....I NEVER commented about the column other than saying, "Everyone listening can help Tech best by sending a check and physically (if able) to be at the Fresno game in Ruston."

Jimmy's column was an editorial. My "comments" were NOT!!!!!

If you read my other posts, you know that I question a portion of the methodology of posting on this board. I do not apologize for feeling the way I do about the damage that has occurred -- now personally PROVEN by me -- to our recruiting process.

That being said, if anyone feels I have personally insulted them, email or call me at 747-9977, tell my how I have done so, and I'll apologize. This is not about being wrong or being right.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    I couldn't listen to the pre-game, so I wouldn't know if you specifically called out Dwayne Woodard or not.
    I don't think Dan called me out - the only part of the comments I heard were the post game comments about the possibility of postings on BB&B that would comment on Dan's thoughts...

From what I have been told it was more of a "I told Dwayne From Minden at the Friday QB Club meeting...." - Type of statement

If Dan used my name or handle in reference to this board fine - Dan, just next time please blurt out www.latechbbb.com several times so people can come and see what all the stir is about...

While I don't agree with Dan's stance on the article - or the perception of this site - because if people spend more than a fleeting glance on this sight I strongly feel they would see the exact opposite....

Dan Newman DID NOT call me out on the broadcast - he just referenced a converstion he had with me - if it was mentioned at all...

And this wasn't directed at you AD, I just didn't want the preception out there that Dan and I are bitter enemies and are at each others throat -

I still consider Dan a friend and we just don't happen to see eye to eye on this issue...

+ Reply to Thread