+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on Techster camp

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I have a question on the Lady Techster's basketball camp. Maybe some of you will know. Do they offer some sort of discounts or even paid camp for those who can't afford it? There is a little (and I use the term loosely) girl across the street who's father died when she was young and her mom has been single the whole time. This girl is 11, I believe, but no older. Anyway, she is already at least 5'10 if not taller. She likes basketball, but doesn't have anybody to work with her. I thought that if she could get up there to the camp it would help her with some fundamentals and get her and her mom some ideas on how to develop her, plus it would get Tech in touch with a girl that looks to be big.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    If you find out the cost, I will be more than glad to either pitch in or pay for it anonymously if it isn't too much.

I don't think that would break any rules, since she isn't a recruit.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Those are good questions and I don't know the answers.

I don't even know the regular price to the camp.

Isn't the camp for teams? or can individuals sign up as well?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ

When my sister went years ago, individuals could go. That's how we discovered Tech as a university we would like to attend. She remembered how much she enjoyed the atmosphere throughout all the years of high school and when it came time to make her choice for college, chose Tech. Which is another point. I know she's still young, but this girl is an excellent student. If the coaches think she has the potential, they could keep in touch with her through the years. I don't know if there are camps for different development levels, but I'm sure she would have to be at the beginning level. Anyway, I just thought about this the other day when it occured to me that we keep losing all these really big, tall girls and if this girl keeps growing, I can see her being at least 6'3 easily.

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ

They actually have 3 types of camps for Teams, Individuals, and Position. My oldest went 2 years ago and loved it. Last year she went to FCA camp at OU in Norman and wants to go back to Tech this year.

The camp is for girls entering the 6th grade so I have 2 that will probably go this year.

The cost was very reasonable (as camps go) and includes room and board.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    Here's a link to the latechsports.com page. No costs listed here though.

http://www.latechsports.com/ladytech...caampinfo.html

+ Reply to Thread