+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am watching a...

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    ...butt kicking. Fletcher is kicking Rodney's butt like there is no 2morrow. If Fletcher does not drop the ball he wins going away.

Rodney Alexander was not prepared for this debate.

Lee slipped up a couple of times so far but almost a flawless debate.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Yes Lee did well. He also dominated Alexander in the first debate I heard on the radio. I almost felt sorry for Alexander, but I remembered where most of his money is coming from.

I think Lee will win by 10 percent or more.

I think Terrell will win by a VERY narrow margin. Turnout will be very low and that will help her. The fact that we had a high absentee vote should be on Terrell's side too.

I know one thing............I've never been sicker of political ads in my life. :thumbsdo:

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Glad Lee did well. Sure hope you're right about the outcome of both elections, maddawg.

I am sick of these commercials myself - and I would NEVER vote for Terrell apart from her being the only alternative to Landrieu and one that will vote with my President on all of his issues. I looked at casting my vote as casting it for George W. Bush again - to try to help him get his agenda through. The race has gotten WAY to slimey for me!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    I know one thing............I've never been sicker of political ads in my life. :thumbsdo:
    Some of the ads here in Texas got pretty bad also. I think it is now a national trend and no longer contained to good ole Louisiana! ops:

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I am sick of these commercials myself - and I would NEVER vote for Terrell apart from her being the only alternative to Landrieu and one that will vote with my President on all of his issues. I looked at casting my vote as casting it for George W. Bush again - to try to help him get his agenda through. The race has gotten WAY to slimey for me!
    Talk about Washington values. You’re willing to throw away six years of seniority and a spot on the appropriations committee just so a former governor of Texas who lives full time in Washington (gasp!) can have 52 votes in the Senate? The only way Congress can “get Bush’s agenda through” unfettered is if there are at least 60 senators from his party.
    I would much rather have someone in Washington who will be able to steer more desperately needed federal money to Louisiana than Terrell, an empty vessel for special interests, a puppet of the Republican National Committee. What do they care about Louisiana? What happens when Bush’s second term expires at the end of Terrell’s first? Who will she blindly follow then? The fact that you don’t even like Terrell but will vote for her because the president tells you to is sad, frightening, and in my opinion, un-American. We live in a republic, not a monarchy.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    "I would much rather have someone in Washington who will be able to steer more desperately needed federal money to Louisiana" - DC

complete BS

Sounds like your candidate just might lose the race ;-)

With two democratic senators, Louisiana does not stand a chance at getting any meaningful federal funds for the next two years. mary will be almost powerless in DC for at least two maybe six years.

Even with Terral we will see very little.

BTW - who will beat GWB in '04?

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    "
    Sounds like your candidate just might lose the race ;-)

With two democratic senators, Louisiana does not stand a chance at getting any meaningful federal funds for the next two years. mary will be almost powerless in DC for at least two maybe six years.

Even with Terral we will see very little.

BTW - who will beat GWB in '04?
    Funny, sounds to me like yours stands an equal chance of losing :wink:

While I agree two years of Bush has returned us to deficits and lowered the number of projects that the government will fund next year, every term of seniority, regardless of party, increases a senator's chance of getting funding. Just because Senator Byrd is a democrat doesn't mean he's not going to get his usual pork for West Virginia -- he's been there forever.

I don't think anyone will beat W. in '04. Why, who do you think will?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    "a spot on the appropriations committee" - DC

Obviously from your name, you hold yourself out for having expertise I don't claim to have. But, is it not true, that even if Mary wins the election, because she is has lowest seniority of any Democrat on the committee, she will lose her spot to a Republican?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    DC, I would NEVER let seniority affect my vote. Even if that were Republican seniority. But even if I did, six years wouldn't concern me that much. Especially with the GOP in power for (hopefully) another six years. As a matter of fact, I was surprised when ML's campain started throwing this out as a "BIG" advantage for a first termer.

My biggest concern is the appointments to be made to the Surpreme Court in the next six years. As conservative as ML may seem, she will come nearer voting with Teddy on these guys than voting with W.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    "But, is it not true, that even if Mary wins the election, because she is has lowest seniority of any Democrat on the committee, she will lose her spot to a Republican?
    I've read the size of the appropriations committee is being discussed. Senator Stevens wants to reduce it, but nothing's been finalized. In any case, Senator Reed is the newest member, not Landrieu.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I hate to sound uninformed but could someone tell me what Lee Fletcher is running for. I haven't head anything about that race in Arkansas.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDAWG
    [quote:2cf12c1ebe="markay714"]
    Talk about Washington values. You’re willing to throw away six years of seniority and a spot on the appropriations committee just so a former governor of Texas who lives full time in Washington (gasp!) can have 52 votes in the Senate? The only way Congress can “get Bush’s agenda through” unfettered is if there are at least 60 senators from his party.
    I would much rather have someone in Washington who will be able to steer more desperately needed federal money to Louisiana than Terrell, an empty vessel for special interests, a puppet of the Republican National Committee. What do they care about Louisiana? What happens when Bush’s second term expires at the end of Terrell’s first? Who will she blindly follow then? The fact that you don’t even like Terrell but will vote for her because the president tells you to is sad, frightening, and in my opinion, un-American. We live in a republic, not a monarchy.[/quote:2cf12c1ebe]

Right now I place our national needs way ahead of the needs of our state. And, Landrieu offers nothing with 6 pitiful years of seniority - that's only one term. And, she'll be in the minority party. I believe in our president and believe he is out for our best interests as a nation - and now, the need is for Louisiana to have a senatory that supports him. Because we live in a representative republic, I'm wanting to pick my leader's support staff carefully.

At the end of Terrell's first term, if we have a Republican who is clearly better I'll be glad to let her retire at the same time as Bush based on what I've seen of her so far. I was actually somewhat impressed with her before she ran for senate. Hopefully I'll be happier with "Senator" Terrell than I have been with candidate Terrell!

I've NEVER EVER EVER been a fan of Landrieu because she has not take stands that agree with mine at all - so it was never a choice to vote for her. Her value system is just not the same as mine. I'd have voted for nearly anyone over her.

Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    I hate to sound uninformed but could someone tell me what Lee Fletcher is running for. I haven't head anything about that race in Arkansas.
    Congress

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    [quote:8e6e47dfd3="ARKDAWG02"]I hate to sound uninformed but could someone tell me what Lee Fletcher is running for. I haven't head anything about that race in Arkansas.
    Congress[/quote:8e6e47dfd3]

More specifically, the U.S. House of Representatives seat that was vacated by Dr. John Cooksey when he decided to run for U.S. Senator against Mary Landrieu.

Fair enough. Go Dawgs.

+ Reply to Thread