+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenn cruises past Techsters

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Well, that was pretty ugly. We were never in it from the get go.
    It was 13 - 4 early and just got worse from there. I listen over the net and we just flat didn't play well.

1. shooting percentage was prob around 20%
    2. Tenn shots lights out in 1st half, cooled off in 2nd
    3. Too many Turnovers
    4. Didn't take advantage of Tenn turnovers
    5. Poor rebounding

Sounded like we got outplayed in every part of the game.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Yep, it was pretty ugly.

The Lady Vols jumped out to a 10-0 lead (at least) and it was never really a ball game.

According to my handy dandy media guide, 35 pts is the lowest in the history of the Techster program.

We shot exactly 20% from the field and were out-rebounded by 19. The Lady Vols got too many open treys in the first half and they made the vast majority if not all.

Coach Budke played ten players in the first half looking for any combination that could score and made multiple "line changes" in the 2nd half.

The 6,836 in attendance didn't have a lot to cheer about, but you can't fault the Techsters hustle. They never quit. This team has a lot of new, young players and I still think they will mature and be there in March.

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears
    I sat close enough to the bench to hear Pat Summitt shut down the three point shots during one of the early time-outs in the first half. Told her girls "we don't need that now". I guess she can be nice sometimes . . .

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Gosh, now I'm very, VERY afraid for our Lady Tigers. At least we get them at home, but I don't think our crowd will approach the 7,000 ya'll had. Did ya'll see ANY weaknesses we could potentially exploit? I don't know if we'll be able to keep it within 20.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm
    Gosh, now I'm very, VERY afraid for our Lady Tigers. At least we get them at home, but I don't think our crowd will approach the 7,000 ya'll had. Did ya'll see ANY weaknesses we could potentially exploit? I don't know if we'll be able to keep it within 20.
    Tennessee is a good team, but certainly not unbeatable. Obviously they play good defense (particularly in the paint), but we missed a bunch of chip shots and layups. Tennessee had 26 turnovers, but we just couldn't buy a bucket.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Buddy is right. I think lsu will beat Tennessee. We should have beat them to tell you the truth. We we horrible on offense. They played our inside game tough on defense, but we had plenty of opportunities to score on the outside and even some gimme layups. We just played horrible except our defense was good.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    We lost because shots didn't fall...not for lack of effort or opportunities. I see the loss as little more than just that...a loss. We got plenty of shots and played good defense...and if we'd shot 37%+ we woulda won...we'll be right where we need to be in March!

+ Reply to Thread