+ Reply to Thread

Thread: U-G-L-Y

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    We can't buy a bucket. 5 minutes played in second half, no points for Tech. 3 feet shots not falling.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    I wonder if Keith is "frustrated". We have no offense.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Our offense was U-G-L-Y because we just stood around 3 ft from each other playing hot potato and didn't move. As a result we didn't get good shots to take. No dribble penetration from anyone and we barely got the ball into the post. 1 point in the first 10 minutes of the second half. We got no boards b/c of our small lineup and we did not take the ball to the rack or get to the line.

I really like Richard but I didn't understand a # of things he did Sat. First, Why did we start a small lineup against an SEC power? We started Dean 6-4 instead of Johnson 6-10. Then in the second half while we are getting embarassed Tiger is on the bench when it is not entirely his fault no one will feed him the ball in the post.
    Secondly, we have no true 3 on this team. We miss Marco and Barry Thompson even though I have never seen him play at least we know he can play the 3 position. D. Brown is teh closest thing to a true swing player and he doesn't play that postion nearly enough. Instead we start Dean and bring M Davis of the bench? Why not play Brown there and bring Dean off the bench and play Zach and Tiger, Powell and Sykes in post? They haven't really impressed me but that's the players we have and I think it gives us a better chance to get some boards, unlike Sat. Our lineup looks like this then 6-10, 6-8, 6-6, 6-5, 6-2. BIG and still athelitic and good.

I think our starting lineup should be Tiger, Johnson, Brown, Felton, and Bruce. Our lineup looks like this then 6-01, 6-8, 6-6, 6-5, 6-2. Bruce does a much better job running the O and getting people to move and getting penetration from the point. Felton could play the 2 and might be better there, he made some nice moves and shots but he doesn't get those while playing PG. Dean could come off the bench for Brown and Woods/Wilder for Felton to get a break and back up Bruce. If you heard Richard on Growl he said it would take thru Dec probably before they figured out who will do what and where and that he wanted to know before conference how the team would shape up and they just need to play and get some experience. We will have to get a lot better to win 20 games and finish in top 3 in WAC. It is not out of the question though. Just my .02 which isn't worth much.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    we need a scorer who can get the tough shot when we need. gerrod always did that. wilder is not a scorer, he hasnt been able to buy a bucket so far this season. he is a spot up streak shooter. given time, i think dean will be that scorer for us.

johnson sykes
    meeking powell
    brown woods
    dean wilder
    edwards felton

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I could go for that. Did you get to watch the game? Is it just me or does our offense seem to run smoother when Edwards is in the game? I thought Felton did a nice job last year so maybe the problem isn't him it is at the other positions. I like Felton and I think he could help us at the 2 and 1 but I'm not a basketball coach just a fan. I'll take that line-up. Dean hasn't played in 2 years though and hopefully the rust will be gone after a couple of more games and he will be a scorer. Felton has a pretty good shot as well and he seems to have a good shot selection so far anyway.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Gooddawg we didn't start Zach becuase of his shooting woes -

Where as most of our guys can't hit a wide open shoot from 10 to 12 feet, Zach is having problems of finishing from 2 ft and doing so in practice also...

This team needs a guard or two to step up and in a hurry -

This is why I have been VERY quiet about this team this year - when we lost Thompson, I knew we were in trouble -

Especially since we were forced to play the FOUR big money games -

This team really needed a soft OOC schedule to gets its legs and confidence -

But much like in football, when you have to prostitute yourself to pay the bills, winning is an after thought...

He did have trouble in the MSU game at finishing around the basket. He needs to just dunk everything. He led our team in FG% last year but still missed some put-backs. He'll be alright I hope and I wouldn't care if he started tonight despite the struggles he could help with rebounds and defense. I just don't understand why we started such a small line-up against a big SEC team. Powell and Sykes have been disappointing so far so neither of them have played deserving of a start.

You are right about the guards needing to step up but I'm like you. We needed to schedule some Sun Belt, C-USA teams that would be good games/ strong tests but not blow us out and allow us to get better. Hopefully these games will make us better. Richard said somewhere he thought they would so you might as well lose to a great team than a weak one and take home a check. I still like this team and though we may not win 20 this year as the season goes on I think they will improve and be fun to watch. GO DAWGS! I'm still excited about the game tonight after that terrible one Sat. I watched.

+ Reply to Thread