+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not a good day for a Republican Dawg

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Aub:

For the record I OPPOSE the creation of the HomeLand Security position/office. It'll become just another in a long line of federal beauacry (spelling? I'm so opposed to it, I can't even spell it!)

I saw a 1965 film clip of a congressman proposing Social Security and what it would cost and what it would be and not be. Not a single thing he said is true today.

I know black 7th and 8th graders who log onto websites with babies' names so they can choose a name for their baby they are EXPECTED to have soon, just to get that government check! Does anyone else, besides me, see something wrong here?

95-97% of black voters always support the Democratic candidate, and such was the case for Landrieu recently. I know the reasons why....and so do you.

Advocating "the right to choose abortion" is the same as advocating abortion. Abortion is the taking of a human life. I think that is wrong.

If my daughter is brutally attacked and raped, then she is a victim of a horrific crime. I hope the law would catch and prosecute that scumbag and get him off the streets. If I were to catch that creep in the act, I can not guarantee he would survive it. I would hope that God would forgive me for ripping his lungs out.... it would not make me right. But I am only human, flawed and prone to make stupid mistakes.

If my daughter ends up pregnant as a result, I would NOT wish to see that child murdered. Tell me again, how that innocent child is responsible for the brutal act of his/her biological father. Obviously I'm missing something here.

Every life...let me repeat that... EVERY life is a unique gift from God. Every baby murdered through an abortion is a completely unique human being, never to be seen again.

I think God is going to HAMMER everyone even remotely supportive of murdering innocent babies come Judgement Day.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg80
    I know black 7th and 8th graders who log onto websites with babies' names so they can choose a name for their baby they are EXPECTED to have soon, just to get that government check! Does anyone else, besides me, see something wrong here?
    Do you know them personally and have talked to them to determine that's why they want to have babies. Because when I taught at an inner-city school here, there were many of my students who wanted to get pregnant but a check from the government wasn't even in their thoughts. Their desire to get pregnant was due to emotional needs and not financial.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    [quote:281f7f09a8="Dawg80"]
    Do you know them personally and have talked to them to determine that's why they want to have babies. Because when I taught at an inner-city school here, there were many of my students who wanted to get pregnant but a check from the government wasn't even in their thoughts. Their desire to get pregnant was due to emotional needs and not financial.[/quote:281f7f09a8]

Yes, I have spoken with them/know them personally. In one case her mother and aunt are pushing her into it. I don't think she really wants to, but feels an obligation toward the family.

This discussion might get long and involved (and that's okay, it's a long time to the Miami game). It's sad that our government has played a role in this, at all! Some may argue the extent of the government's fault, but I doubt anyone can deny that it has contributed to the destruction of many families, especially minorities.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg80

Yes, I have spoken with them/know them personally. In one case her mother and aunt are pushing her into it. I don't think she really wants to, but feels an obligation toward the family.
    If you don't mind my asking, in what capacity do you know these people? In other words, fellow church members, neighbors, kid's friend...

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    I agree with you 100% Dawg80 , even though you root against my beloved Tigers :thumbsdo: .

Aub, of course I exaggerate a little, but not by much concerning Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi is the new House Minority Leader for the Democrats, the lady Rodney Alexander will be expected to (at least formally) acknowledge as his leader and the party's leader in the House of Representatives. Pelosi is THE San Francisco Democrat. She has in the past supported all forms of higher taxes, voted against the Bush tax cut, voted against increased national defense spending, supports legalizing gay marriage, favors the most draconian gun control measures (she doesn't believe the 2nd Amendment says an individual can own guns), favors condom and birth control distribution in public schools, has in the past supported the dispensation of RU-486 by school nurses, and believes in unrestricted abortion on demand (abortion as birth control). In Pelosi's view, a woman/girl should be able to have an abortion anytime, anywhere, at any age, for any reason, at any stage of the pregnancy, with or without parental/spousal consent, by any method she chooses.

This is the woman Alexander will be taking cues from on the House floor. I hope, for his sake, he is independent enough and believes what he believes strongly enough to speak his mind in party meetings. Otherwise, it'll be a long two years for him up there. I wouldn't even be surprised if he switched parties or went independent. He may not like what he sees in the national Democratic party.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future
    The key to the election was voter turnout. The Dems got theirs out and the Republicans didn't. Cooksey cost both Lee and Suzie the win. His sour spouting that his staff would not vote for, and he would not work for, Terrell was front page, lead story news in BR. If you want your party to win, you have to keep your mouth shut sometimes. Cooksie lost the race with his diaper and fanbelt comment and should have dropped out long ago.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    I really believe that Lee cost his ownself the race. I think that he stayed too much on the "Rodney this... Rodney that..." instead of getting the message out on the positives of Lee Fletcher. I am a republican, a right winger, and a compassionate Christian, but I couldn't pull the leaver for Lee. He just soured in many people's minds.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I have been surprised at the number of fellow Republicans that felt the same way as you and didn't pull the lever for Lee. I knew there would be some, but had no idea how many there actually were until after the election. I find politics interesting, but I don't have the answer for what Lee might have done differently in the run-off to gain all those Holloway and Barham votes he didn't get against Rodney.

I did think the tax thing that Lee used against Rodney was a little overboard and it ended up backfiring against him because he forgot that he was dealing with the State of La. on taxes also. This alone probably cost Lee enough votes in the last days to lose the election.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar
    I dont see how a Christian can vote for a democrat. I find it hypocritical, but thats just my opinion.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Think I'm just gonna let that one go.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Think I'm just gonna let that one go.
    Very wise of you.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Well, ya know ... it took months to reach a truce with and monty. But this guy does have half the sense of either one of yall.

I just dont feel like gettin into it right now.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Awwwww. Come on, Champ. Knock that softball out of here.

Unless you've changed your worldview to believe that developing our nation's economic policy specifically to cater to the roughly 13,000 (of, what, 275 million) Americans that truly HAVE money -- more wealth than the rest of the entire nation's citizenry/workforce combined -- whilst the middle/working class people get the short end of the stick, is somehow a patent Christ-like ideology?

Here's the pitch........

I'm sure Jesus really gives a hoot about earthly material wealth...NOT! He does, however, care about the 5th Commandment.

strike one!

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar
    Oh yeah, you all must be right. I'm sure the murdering of 40 million babies since Roe V. Wade is something that all Christians support.

+ Reply to Thread