+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks for the warm welcome - Coach Hearn (A.K.A. )10s_Dawg

Puppy 10s_Dawg is an unknown
    This is my first post, so forgive me if I do not follow exact protocol. I wanted to thank this board and Ruston for the warm welcome it has extended to me. I think this speaks volumes about the type of people who are associated with Louisiana Tech. I feel privileged to be a part of this university.

I would like to let this board know a little more about Tech Tennis and myself.

My name is Greg Hearn and I am the new Head Coach of the Lady Techster Tennis Team. We are also very fortunate to have Terrence De Jongh returning for his fourth year as Assistant Coach. This year not only do we have a new attitude, but we also have a remarkable schedule that offers us an opportunity to improve our level of play and improve our national recognition. We are scheduled to play quite a few Nationally Ranked teams like: LSU, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, and UNO to name a few. Our full schedule can be found at http://www.latechsports.com/tennis-2003schedule.html 8-)

I am pleased to report that our team has had a very solid Fall Season. We have a young and talented team this year. The girls have really used this season for improvement with each match. One of our outstanding players is Sophomore Anabella Duque who was selected for the 2002 ALL-WAC Second Team. The teams only Senior, Lauren Longbotham, has put together a great Fall by winning the Collin County Tournament in singles and teamed with Freshmen Danielle Landry, she won the back draw of her respective doubles event. Holly Ready, Saharai Uriarte and Morgan Majors have all made it to the finals of at least one of the four tournaments we have played. It is rewarding for the players and coaches when the team works towards and is focused on a common goal.

This year, our goal is to raise the current level of the Tech Tennis Program in aspects like: Scheduling, Recruiting, Facilities, etc… I hope this board will be instrumental in helping to achieve our goals.

Thank you for taking your time to read this post, and I hope to hear from you soon. I am more than willing to speak with anyone about our program.

Thanks, and God Bless!

Sincerely,

Gregory J Hearn

Head Coach, Women’s Tennis

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Welcome to BB&B and to Ruston! Glad y'all are playing LSU - assuming its going to be in Baton Rouge I'll get to check out your girls playing here. Keep us posted on how we can help you get off to a good start.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Welcome to BB&B, Coach Hearn. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

And thanks for the report. I look forward to a good year.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Thanks for the introduction, Coach Hearn.
    I know that many people here are interested in the progress of the tennis team. I hope you will feel comfortable checking in here regularly and I know that your communicating here will encourage more people to step up to support Louisiana Tech tennis!
    Aubrey James Shepherd
    Fayetteville, Arkansas

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Coach,

I know I should have responded to this sooner, but I've been on the road traveling and unable to catch up on the posts.

[shadow=red:6b925261a3]Welcome to Tech and BB&B!!![/shadow:6b925261a3]

It's great to see on of the coaches of the university we all love so dearly here on the board! We welcome you as a part of the family that is Louisiana Tech University, of which only a small portion is represented here.

If there is ever ANYTHING this site can do to assist you or the program, PLEASE let us know!!! There is so much that happens in Tech athletics that we (the administrators) are unable to keep up with most of it. Let us know what we can do to help support you.

Eric or David - Could one of y'all make an html sticky of the schedule in this folder and add the appropriate dates to the Calendar?

TDF (Chris)[/b]

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Welcome aboard coach! Good luck this year and thanks for being available to the board.

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar
    Welcome to the board, coach. Glad to have you. :wink:

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Coach, Welcome to the Board and hopefully BB&B (we) can help you out in the future to do something good for Tech Tennis. Keep up the hard work, you're getting lots of props on here. Let us know how we can help.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    What does the schedule look like -

If it is feasible we could have a BB&B TENNIS Tailgate also -

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    What does the schedule look like -

If it is feasible we could have a BB&B TENNIS Tailgate also -
    Good Idea...

The schedule is posted as a "sticky". See what you think.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I have been told by a VERY RELIABLE Tech Tennis HACK -

That this SITE HELPED land a TALENTED tennis recruit/transfer -

+ Reply to Thread