+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Louisiana Tech Lady Techster domination of Louisiana schools

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Overall, 215-31

Centenary 2-0
    Louisiana College 12-0
    ULL 38-0
    ULM 44-7
    LSU 14-6
    McNeese 15-4
    UNO 39-2
    Nicholls 12-0
    NW State 20-6
    SE LA 5-5
    Southern 7-1
    Tulane 6-0

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Need to play SLU again, to break that tie.

ESPN/ABC personality Robin Roberts played for SLU during their glory days in the late '70's. I saw the Techsters play them several times, but I don't particularly remember Roberts, although I know I saw her play.

The Techsters smoked a ranked SLU team, in 1978 or 1979, something like 100-50! It was a complete blowout.

Also remember when Delta State, off three straight national titles, came to old Memorial Gym. First time I remember a lot of excitement and a big crowd for the Techsters. We won big, 100+ to 60-something. That was the beginning of the Techster dynasty. If any one game can be singled out, I think it was the destruction of the defending national champs that night!

And then, in '79, the three-game west coast swing, with easy wins over Pepperdine, USC, and UCLA, with Nitz calling the games. That put Tech on the WBB map nationally.

And, 23 years later, we're still alive and kickin' !

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg
    Overall, 215-31

Centenary 2-0
    Louisiana College 12-0
    ULL 38-0
    ULM 44-7
    LSU 14-6
    McNeese 15-4
    UNO 39-2
    Nicholls 12-0
    NW State 20-6
    SE LA 5-5
    Southern 7-1
    Tulane 6-0

DANG!

Only SLU and LSU have made it a competitive series. The others don't even come close. I don't count Centenary because they've only had a women's team for three years.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Actually, I'd say ULM has been the most competitive. If you exclude games before 1979, I doubt LSU or SLU has many wins.

ULM beat the Techsters several times during their prime. That strikes me as more impressive. They also played twice a year (and sometimes three times) so they paid the price with more losses when they weren't competitive.

+ Reply to Thread