+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on Republican Dawgs...

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    I've been patient long enough. Let's hear it: Should Lott stay or should he go??

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    That's easy -- go.

Republicans are lucky to get 10% of African-American votes. If they could push it up to 20%, it would be hard for the Dems to ever win another national election. You ain't going to get there with morons like Lott who can't even see how people might react to things he says.

Lott's a fossil. He's embarrased the party and he should step down on his own -- if he won't, the GOP senators had better dump him.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    He should stay, but he will probably go. Republicans, unlike Democrats, eat their wounded.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    He should go ahead and get it over with. He is toast! Only conservatives can be racist and once that happens publicly your political career is history.

Something that really concerns me is the fact that Lott is saying that he will resign if demoted (or forced to) and let the Miss. gov. appt. a Dem. in his place. He is the scum of the earth. Just like Clyde Holloway.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    I think that if the people of Mississippi want him to represent them that is their prerogative, noone can take his office away except himself and the people of Miss.

HOWEVER,

That in no way means that he should be allowed to keep his position as Majority Leader. He said an incredibly stupid thing. Hey, we all make mistakes, sure, but we also have to pay when we make those mistakes.

If he puts himself ahead of the party and resigns, so be it. The moral high ground is worth it. After the republicans criticized the Dem's so much for drinking Clinton's Kool-Aid, I think they need to let this guy wither on the vine and take his medicine.

A man much sager than myself once said, "You can't be stupid for free."

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    He should go ahead and get it over with. He is toast! Only conservatives can be racist and once that happens publicly your political career is history.

Something that really concerns me is the fact that Lott is saying that he will resign if demoted (or forced to) and let the Miss. gov. appt. a Dem. in his place. He is the scum of the earth. Just like Clyde Holloway.
    I agree with you on Lott if he holds the Republicans hostage with resigning his seat over the majority leader post. I think Lott should resign from the majority leader post - but I thought he was a pansy in terms of negotiating with Daschle already. So, I would've rather had somebody in the post regardless of his STUPID remarks. Clearly I do think Republicans are held to a higher standard on this and other issues and that is fine. I heard Bill Bennett say on Fox News the other night that because Gingrich and Livingston and other Republicans have resigned when they've failed morally that Republicans are viewed as having a higher level of integrity. So be it.

Clearly Lott has made a similar remark before and did not learn from his mistake. And, quite frankly I don't want him to start spouting affirmative action because he's an idiot. I want equal ground for everybody, but I certainly don't want to elevate one race over another because of his stupidity and him attempting to offer pennance with my money!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Clearly I do think Republicans are held to a higher standard on this and other issues and that is fine. I heard Bill Bennett say on Fox News the other night that because Gingrich and Livingston and other Republicans have resigned when they've failed morally that Republicans are viewed as having a higher level of integrity. So be it.
    You're wrong on that point. Anything that a Democrat has done in the past, the Republicans spouted about it like it was the news of the century. Now when one of your own shows his true colors suddenly the Republicans are held to a higher standard? Do you honestly believe that any less would have been made of these statements had a Democrat said them? Not in a million years. In fact, that would have been the next rallying cry for the next Republican election.

The saddest thing about all this is the fact that you and others are more disappointed in Lott for making the "stupid" remarks than you are for him having those inclinations. I get the impression from your post that if he had not made those remarks, you'd be more than happy having him as the majority leader despite his racial prejudices. To me that's very scary and sad.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar
    Lott has the right to say what he wants. I think he should stay. Lets be honest here..do you honestly think that the black vote would come our way anyways? The ones on the good side already will stick with us through all of this. I find nothing that he says racists anyways. And if he was, what does it matter...as long as a former leader of the Klan for 12 years in Bob Byrd is a Democratic Senator, nothing should be done.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    [quote:ed61db2f77="markay714"]
    Clearly I do think Republicans are held to a higher standard on this and other issues and that is fine. I heard Bill Bennett say on Fox News the other night that because Gingrich and Livingston and other Republicans have resigned when they've failed morally that Republicans are viewed as having a higher level of integrity. So be it.
    You're wrong on that point. Anything that a Democrat has done in the past, the Republicans spouted about it like it was the news of the century. Now when one of your own shows his true colors suddenly the Republicans are held to a higher standard? Do you honestly believe that any less would have been made of these statements had a Democrat said them? Not in a million years. In fact, that would have been the next rallying cry for the next Republican election.

The saddest thing about all this is the fact that you and others are more disappointed in Lott for making the "stupid" remarks than you are for him having those inclinations. I get the impression from your post that if he had not made those remarks, you'd be more than happy having him as the majority leader despite his racial prejudices. To me that's very scary and sad.[/quote:ed61db2f77]

Dead wrong.

Republicans are held to a higher standard than Democrats, by themselves, their own party, and the media. If a Republican had done what Clinton did, we would have called for his resignation tomorrow and gotten it.

I am disappointed for Lott's remarks, because they are stupid and they are insensitive and because he (again) spoke without thinking about his comments and how they would be interpreted. I don't think he is a rascist, many people close to him who've worked with him say that he isn't and I'll take them and him at their word. I am not willing to scalp him yet, but I do think it's time for change at the Majority Leader position.

Has Robert Byrd resigned yet for saying the "N-word" on national television?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    "Do you honestly believe that any less would have been made of these statements had a Democrat said them?" - Dirtydawg

You obviously didn't think that question out well before asking. Have you ever heard any of our nation's black Dem. leaders speak? They spew racism, but are never held accountable. White Dems. aren't held to the same standards either (see Robert Bird the ex-klansman).

The social problems that this country faces are not race related, but class related. You and I will never agree on the class issue, but I maintain that we will always have different classes of people of all races. White, black, brown, and yellow people. They may be born into a certain class, but they will never again be held back because of the color of their skin. They also shouldn't receive special treatment because of the color of their skin whether they are white or black.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    "Do you honestly believe that any less would have been made of these statements had a Democrat said them?" - Dirtydawg

You obviously didn't think that question out well before asking. Have you ever heard any of our nation's black Dem. leaders speak? They spew racism, but are never held accountable. White Dems. aren't held to the same standards either (see Robert Bird the ex-klansman).

The social problems that this country faces are not race related, but class related. You and I will never agree on the class issue, but I maintain that we will always have different classes of people of all races. White, black, brown, and yellow people. They may be born into a certain class, but they will never again be held back because of the color of their skin. They also shouldn't receive special treatment because of the color of their skin whether they are white or black.
    What has Bird done lately to reaffirm his stance and his belief in the Klan ideals? Has he consistently shown his didain for minorities, especially black minorities, as Lott has done? As far as Black Dems spewing racism, it's not only Black Dems. It's Blacks as a whole. It just so happens that most of them are Democrats. And, I would venture to say that the reason most of them are Democrats is because of the percieved characteristic of the Republican party that Trent Lott has demonstrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm

Dead wrong.

Republicans are held to a higher standard than Democrats, by themselves, their own party, and the media. If a Republican had done what Clinton did, we would have called for his resignation tomorrow and gotten it.

I am disappointed for Lott's remarks, because they are stupid and they are insensitive and because he (again) spoke without thinking about his comments and how they would be interpreted. I don't think he is a rascist, many people close to him who've worked with him say that he isn't and I'll take them and him at their word. I am not willing to scalp him yet, but I do think it's time for change at the Majority Leader position.

Has Robert Byrd resigned yet for saying the "N-word" on national television?
    Give me a break, Jetstorm. If that were the case, there'd be no Republicans in office. As far as Lott not being a racist, let me ask you this. If his wife showed up at the emergency room on several occasions with bruises and signs of having been beaten and Lott's hands were swollen at these times as though he'd been punching something and his wife claimed he'd been beating her. Would you say she is lying because those who are close to him and have worked with him say he isn't a wife-beater. What do you think the people close to him are going to say? What if those close to Clinton said he wasn't guilty of the things he's done? The man is a racist-plain and simple. As they say, actions speak louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by farright30
    Lott has the right to say what he wants. I think he should stay. Lets be honest here..do you honestly think that the black vote would come our way anyways? The ones on the good side already will stick with us through all of this. I find nothing that he says racists anyways. And if he was, what does it matter...as long as a former leader of the Klan for 12 years in Bob Byrd is a Democratic Senator, nothing should be done.
    You're absolutely right, Farright. Lott does have the right to say what he wants. He also has to be prepared to suffer the consequences. I'll say this, though. I agree with Austindawg in that he should stay in the Senate because he was elected by the people of Mississippi and I believe they knew what they were electing when they voted him in office. However, he shouldn't be the majority leader.

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    Well, it looks like Senator Frist has it locked up. And that's good news for you guys because he'll be better at working with the Democrats than uncompromising idiots like Nickles or Santorum. Now, as distasteful as that sounds to people like Markay714, that's the only way any part of King George's agenda will get through a one or two vote-majority Senate.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...litics_lott_dc

This is all a moot discussion. It is good to hold folks accountable for their actions but let us be slow to judge Mr. Lott here and even slower to point out the faults of Mr. Clinton ... Republicans are no better than Dems when it comes to this and if Republicans are held to a higher standard, it is not because their standards are higher but rather becasue it has been brought on themselves by their higher level of judgement ... in that sense we each set our own rules.

Matthew 7:1-5

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

It is every bit as foolish to think that because a man is Republican, he is a racist just as it is to assume that just because a person is a Democrat, he is unfaithful to his spouse.

The best thing Republicans and Democrats can do now is move on. Further judgement will reap a similar reward sometime down the road.

+ Reply to Thread