+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jackson St.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough
    Sounds like this team found a way to win tonight. Tech is up with 1.1 sec left. Good win dogs! 73 to 68. Dogs fought back from behind all night. Lets hope Keith gets them up for conferance play. Richard is 17 and 0 vs non conferance teams at the TAC.

Did anyone hear the nary game? Is that team for real? Glad they are not on our schedule.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I listened to the whole game and I still don't know how we won. I can't believe it! Great heart and effort DAWGS! I am afraid this performance won't get us very far in WAC but it was good enough tonight.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough
    I think 16 wins would be a good season out of this team. If we find guard play we might win the conferance tourney. Keith has his hands full with this team. Was KR a point guard at the juco? Funny JB3 was an olineman and oline coach and his biggest problem was the oline this year. I think KR was a point guard and his biggest problem is the PG spot. Not sure about him being a PG.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Just looked at the boxscore. Meeking came up big as he has all season. Johnston had 9 points in only 14 minutes. Looks like KR needs to find a way to work him in for more minutes unless his just a terrible liability defensively. We took it to em on the boards pretty good (33-21 margin). Texas will be another big test. Hope we show up ready to play and put forth a good effort.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Tonight, our point guard play went from poor to complete incompetence. Seriously, it was some of the worst I have ever witnessed in person. I'm not just referring to offense, it was horrendous on defense as well. I'm telling you, it was fascinating. In case you think I'm exaggerating, consider our point production along with their point production after both Felton and Edwards fouled out. We actually played much better offensively and defensively with them on the bench. They were actually HURTING our offense!

Believe it or not, I like Bruce and LaVelle. I'm glad they are on our team. But tonight they just didn't show up, especially Bruce. To make matters worse, he whined about a perceived no-call and griped to another player about a turnover which was his(Bruce's) fault for half the game. He needs to toughen up mentally before the WAC or we won't even compete with SMU. Let's lay egos aside and play hard every minute of the game!

On a brighter note, we won the game! Darrian Brown played hard. Consider this, I don't remember one point being scored on Brown against Harding. Tonight, I can't recall one time when he was beaten for a score. (Except for an unfortunate foul on a guy who shot a 3.) Excellent defensive performance for D. Brown. He also had a couple of quick passes to the interior which amounted to points.

Woods continues to impress. He may be the best passer on the time. In fact, he is one of the best pure basketball players on the team. I didn't know about him to start the season, but he has certainly gained my respect.

Tiger did the deal. I'm willing to bet that this week's efforts has earned him "WAC player of the week". Another double/double, clutch baskets and freethrows at the end of the game.

Johnston produced offensively. He is getting more comfortable with each game. He is a valuable player. Powell came in and did a great job at the end of the game. I love his attitude! He works hard and doesn't get down. I sure hope Dean follows his example. Corey will get his time, he just needs to be patient.

I don't mean to dominate the board, I just get really fired up about the Dunkin' Dawgs! You guys feel free to balance me out if I get too biased.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Who ran the point when Felton and Edwards fouled out?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Who ran the point when Felton and Edwards fouled out?
    Wilder

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Wilder ran it the first offensive series (after Edwards fouled out) and then Woods took it over for the remainder of the game. Most of our offense, however, was keyed off of an incredible defensive performance in the last 3 minutes. All five players were crashing the glass offensively and defensively.

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game
    If Felton would not have fouled out, I believe we would have lost the Jackson State game. He causes a lot of turnover. and his passing skills are very poor.

In my opinion, it's time to start giving some of the younger guys more playing time. I would start Edwards and Woods at the guard positions with Felton and Dean as backups. I would move Wilder down in the rotation.

Overall, Richard has done about a pretty good with recruiting, but I wish we could sign a smart guard that can shoot long-range shots with consistency. Surely we can find some local kid from Ruston, W.M. or Ouachita who can knock down 3-pointers.

Johnston should also get more minutes as the season progresses.

For Tech to be competitive in the WAC, Zach needs to start making a positive impact. He was at least a half a foot taller than the guys guarding him in both the Harding and Jackson State games, and he could not score consistently. I think if he would not put the ball on the ground when he gets the ball down low, he would score more.

Go Dawgs!
    ________
    Coach Purses
    Last edited by dawg88; 05-04-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    Wilder ran it the first offensive series (after Edwards fouled out) and then Woods took it over for the remainder of the game. Most of our offense, however, was keyed off of an incredible defensive performance in the last 3 minutes. All five players were crashing the glass offensively and defensively.
    He not only ran it - he also demaned the ball and put the others in the correct position on the floor - and he made good passes and stayed CALM -

I still think 15 wins will be good for this team - and a mighty struggle - but if the FRESHMEN get the minutes this year - with Milsaps and Barry Thompson and the Iona transfer coming in -

Remember - Keiths teams usually get better as the season progresses -

Well-stated Dwayne, I agree totally. I will say that I believe if all of our point guards play up to their potential (not trying to do too much), we can win more than 15 games. To me, that's what separated Woods from Edwards Sat. night, Edwards was trying to do too much. If he would calm down, toughen mentally, quit whining, and play the game--positive results will come immediately. Case in point, the last 5 minutes of the game.

+ Reply to Thread