+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7 degrees of the Lady Techsters?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Techsters beat New Mexico
    New Mexico beats Texas
    Texas beats Tennessee
    Tennessee crushes Techsters

Stange? Nahhh This is a young team getting their act together. They faltered in two games, but are slowly becoming more consistent.

Since SMU beat Oklahoma, many are expecting them to really compete with us this year. I personally think we will crush them. Oklahoma is a good team and SMU had a good game, but Oklahoma is really not a "great" team. They lost most everybody from last year's NC title runner up team. There are only a handful of teams that remain competitive year after year. Oklahoma has some rebuilding to do.

Anyway, congrats to SMU though. We need more conference teams to pull out those big OOC wins. That just helps us in the long run.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Champ, check this jewel out ...

Upset Path:

327 Centenary beat 286 McNeese St
    beat 205 Missouri KC
    beat 317 SW Texas St
    beat 233 Alcorn St
    beat 123 S Alabama
    beat 109 Alabama
    beat 63 Brigham Young
    beat 34 Texas
    beat 4 Tennessee

http://www.mratings.com/rate/cbw-m.htm

You may want to bookmark this site ...

http://www.vaporia.com/sports/wcpage.html

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    That is great weunice. I think I will put it on the ESPN site, as well. Can't wait to look around on the link you provided.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    About the composite rankings ....

They have not put the WCH rankings on there or some of the various other rankings I have seen. Insane Platypus is there (That would be Keegan and Co.)

As much as I disagree with WCH when it comes to Louisiana Tech, I like the rankings they put up for the most part and I feel they should be on the list if IP is.

I agree with you, but I just can not go to the WCH site anymore. They always put a negative spin on anything to do with us.

For example, last year they stated that we did not beat one top 25 team all year. To be more precise, we only played 3 top 25 teams and they were the top 3 teams in the country. A more precise statement would have been something to do with that. That statement was made long before our untimely death in the first round.

Anyway, they are biased and always have been. They LOVE West Coast schools and, for some reason, lsu.

I pointed out to them that one of their banner ads was an LSU fan magazine and they flat denied it. Now certainly my eyes are capable of deceiving me but I am pretty darned sure that is what I saw. WCH also does its tournament at LSU every season. Kind of like our Dial Soap tournament. If they really wanted more exposure, they would do it in Ruston.

Yes, they have a severe LSU bias and they are not the biggest fans of Louisiana Tech but if you send them a nice email occasionally they usually back off with the biased statements. For example, when they noted that Frierson was injured in a pickup game they made it look like Louisiana Tech was practicing prior to midnight madness by mentioning that students are not supposed to be practicing prior to such and such date. I got very angry about that because it implied that the only way Louisiana Tech could compete was unfairly.

Like I said, if you can ignore their pro-LSU bias and their anti-Tech bias, they really cover everything else quite well.

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    In the latest AP poll we moved up just one spot to no. 16. TX is now no. 15.

The bad loss to Tennessee will prevent us from moving back into the top ten this year. That hurt us more than the WKU loss. We will be lucky to get a top 4 seed. At least we have the first two rounds at home regardless. You can bet that they will send a top 5 team our way though. Hopefully, we can play like we are capable of and get some respect that way.

I guarantee you that no top 5 team in the country is going to be happy about coming here for the first two rounds regardless of where they are seeded.

+ Reply to Thread