+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dear Santa -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I only have a few things on my list this year and none of them are for me - but they are for other people who have had a bad year or just need a little something to get them over the hump and into the New Year on a little better footing -

Here is my list - for

1) Dr Dan Reneau, President of LA TECH - the fortitude to go out and hire a fundraiser to raise the much needed money to run a promising WAC program on a MEDIOCRE WAC budget, not the chicken feed Southland/Sunbelt budget we are trying to compete on...

2) Jim Oakes, AD at LA TECH - the strenght to make or demand the changes that need to be made on the football coaching staff - especially on the disciplinary side of the program...

3) Jack Bicknell III, LA TECH Football Coach - the ability to understand that half-time adjustments are not over rated and that they are essential to a winning football program...

4) Keith Richard, LA TECH Men's Basketball Coach - for two of his guards to find it within themselves to make 30% of their 3 pts and a positive assist/turnover ratio...

5) Kurt Budke - the ability to handle the monsterous shadow of Leon Barmore and a long Honeymoon period...

6) Wade Simoneaux, LA TECH Baseball Coach - patience and a .500 conference season and that he is given all that is promised him when he accepted the challenge of building the baseball program...

7) Ronny Walker, Head Athletic Fundraiser - strength, phyiscal and mental, to get blood out of a turnip - he will need alot of help this year due to our administrative problems...

8) Fans of Tech Athletics - a long-term plan for the future of TECH athletics and a LICENSED logo and merchandise agreement...

Thanks Santa -

I know that this is a very tall order, but it must be done since no one here at TECH can figure it out themselves I turned to you as a next to last resort...

BTW - if you can't bring me all of these things, please pass the ones that you can't handle on to our mutual friend the Easter Bunny...

Merry Christmas...

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    DFM,

I just hope Santa brings a big time BCS school into Shreveport for us in '0 & '05. Without those games, we are back in D1AA unless we hire jackie Sherrill in the next few weeks. ;-)

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Jackie Sherrill? What happened to RC Cola?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    dang, I meant RC Cola...anyone except Bicknell

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    I am in agreement.....no BCS school to shreveport spells
    [glow=red:80bfd3e0c9]TROUBLE[/glow:80bfd3e0c9]

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Excellent Santa letter DWAYNE! I can not wait to see what Santa brings to the TECH faithful. I sure hope he is out of coal. If I can add just a few items to your list, I would wish for the following:

1) A great 20+ football recruiting class that brings us a fist full of WAC Championships.

2)Rabid student turnout with a burning love and desire for all TECH athletics similar to the FSU game.

3) TECH ADM. buying a winning Powerball Ticket for our DAWGS. (our best bet at raising some serious cash)

4) Some major "magic dust" on that WAC Coach of the Year Trophy in the Field House!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

3) Jack Bicknell III, LA TECH Football Coach - the ability to understand that half-time adjustments are not over rated and that they are essential to a winning football program...
    I think he needs to understand a hell of a lot more than that. All I want for Christmas is one contract buy-out (maybe an R.C. in the stocking).

TECH Football New Years Resolution: We will not continue to plummet to AA!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    For Coach Bicknell and Staff:

To resume FULL CONTACT practices...

How can a defense practice if they do not actually practice the most important part... tackling a ball carrier!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I just read some of those posts yesterday by coacheskid2 and he is well connected obviously and I couldn't believe we weren't practicing in full pads/full contact. That says a lot right there. I know JB is scared to death of players getting hurt and that is what happenned to Carlin and someone last year, but injuries are a part of the game and they happen. If we don't practice physically then we play soft just like last year and we get run over!

Dooddawg,

I'll back JBIII on this one.

Our starters are good enough to tee it up agsint every team in the nation except the top 3-5 teams.

After our starting 22 and primary subs, there is a signifcant drop off of talent (or the talent is VERY young) compared to most major BCS teams.

BUT if we are not going full contact in practice, how can we expect our players to go full speed in games?

catch 22 i guess :-(

+ Reply to Thread