+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Running with the bulls!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Anyone else see that special on ESPN, the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain?

If I were 20 years younger, I'd consider tackling that challenge. I can see why Ernest Hemingway was so awed by the event.

Of course, typical ESPN coverage, they presented a roster of the bulls, with numbers and nicknames. And after each run had the stats, such as:

Time: 3:12
    injuries: 64
    gorings: 3

Yep, they accounted for the number of people hurt by the bulls during the run!

If there was one fellow BB&Ber I'd think who might consider joining me in Pamplona, it would be Aub. How 'bout it, Aub, ever thought about it?

Now, there's a sport!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I'll help you CHASE the bulls down the street! If we catch one will they butcher and package it and send it home for us? If it is too tough for our teeth, I know my Labs would enjoy it!
    When I was the outdoor editor of the Arkansas Democrat in the mid 1980s Wally Hall, the sports editor, went over there to cover the event and claimed to have run in it, although he didn't share enough details with his readers to convince anyone he actually was down in the street. He was more likely sitting in a bar during the run, maybe on a balcony, many people suggested.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    The running of the bulls has always fascinated me. What draws people to Pamplona, Spain to run down the street ahead, beside, behind or beneath mad bulls. I do believe though, if I had it to do all over again, I'd try it when I was 20 or so. I'm like you Aub, to old to do it now. I remember when Wally claimed to have run it, don't know if he ever did or not but I kind of thought he must have. He wrote a pretty good account of it if I remember correctly.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    poof

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    ArkD,
    Wally was there before the Demo provided him a little Radio Shack laptop and/or he couldn't hook up to a phone line there. Anyway, I took telephone dictation of his stories from that trip and another to Japan. I promise there was too little real emotion in the bull story!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Who'd have thought it. Wally Hall stretching the truth. Man Aub, you ruined my Christmas. He really did make it sound good though.
    If we could go back about 20 years, we could make quite a run at it ourselves. Got to be a rush to do that. Bulls and people slipping and sliding everywhere.

+ Reply to Thread