+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lady Techsters grind out 74-64 win over SMU!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    A very nice LA Tech crowd got to see the Lady Techsters beat SMU tonight at Moody Colusium tonight in Dallas. It was nice to see so many Tech folks in Dallas.

The Lady Techsters were in real trouble until the last 6 minutes or so. A scrappy SMU team --and some horrendous referrees-- had the Lady Techsters on their heels all night until Cheryl Ford finally came out of her "funk" and started grabbing EVERYTHING off the glass. Frierson had a great game too.

After an "up-and-down" performance for most of the game, Cheryl Ford had a very strong finish and things really opened up for the Techsters when the Tech guards finally started taking --and making-- open shots behind the free throw line. SMU had been giving Tech the open shots behind the free throw line all night, packing the middle down low, but Kurt Budke's girls wouldn't take the shot until the final 6 minutes. Once we started taking the open shots they were giving us, it was over.

HD

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    How big of a contrast is that compared to a couple of years ago when our guards would shoot the ball after barely crossing midcourt.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    That was a good game, but frustrating at times. I lost my voice, but it lasted till on the way home.

My observations:

Trina Frierson is for real. That girl is really good and showed it last night.

Ford played well. She stepped it up in the second half like we needed her to do.

SMU is a GOOD team. I give them credit. I certainly see how they beat Oklahoma. I hope they don't lose their confidence, we could sure use another WAC team in the tournament this year.

We REALLY missed Amisha Carter last night. Ford and Frierson were exhausted playing that many minutes.

We missed some open shots last night. The two week lay off hurt us tremendously. We pulled out the win despite being down, though. Also, we didn't fold in the last minute like Oklahoma did against them. We hung tough.

Great crowd there from Tech. You can hear each person yell in Moody and you feel like the team can hear you. Reminded me a little of old Memorial Gym at Tech.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    Moody is the best bb arena is these parts. The seats are right on the court. It can get really loud in there when it is full. the crowd was not to bad for the game. My guess was 2,000.

My 13 year old son was on the court taking to Cheryl Ford after the game, when her cell phone rang and it was daddy calling in to see how she did. He had a pretty good game Saturday nite too.

+ Reply to Thread