+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who's disappointed Daschle isn't running?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I am. I wanted President Bush to have somebody who could only brag about stopping things from happening in the senate in his list of accomplishments. Its still a long way from the election, but it looks like there is still quite a list of Democratic presidential hopefuls. Actually, I expect that Daschle and Hillary Clinton aren't planning to run because they don't want to waste a good run against an incumbent popular president - not entirely stupid.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    I am too.

The more left of center Demos. in the field, the better for our President and his party as they spread their agenda across the airwaves and give Rush some good material.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    I am a little bit for three reasons.

1) Daschle is powerful and important enough that he would win the nomination, but he would almost certainly lose to Bush. He's too liberal.

2) Daschle is up for re-election in 2004, and the most likely challenger is John Thune, who was absolutely ROBBED of a Senate seat thanks to Tim Johnson cronies exploiting Indian votes. His vacation to run for presidency would almost guarantee an extra Senate seat for the GOP in 2004.

3) I don't like him at all and want to see him stomped just for the laughs it would bring me.

By the way, I'm calling the Democratic ticket in 2004. John Edwards for President, Joe Leiberman for V-P. The Dems are so desperate for white votes in the South they will go with a young, fresh face with a charming drawl, yet balance the ticket with a self-proclaimed Orthodox Jew from New England. Their campaign will bleed family values. They will aggressively go after voters on the GOP fringe who think they need a bunch of govt. social programs to survive and can be duped into thinking Democrats as a whole actually care about traditional American values and God. But, this campaign could hit a bump. Al Sharpton's in the race. He has no chance of winning, but he wouldn't be there if he didn't have some kind of plan to make sure the Democratic ticket doesn't move too close to center. He will snap them back if he thinks they are going to far to get the Southern whites, whom he sees as mortal enemies.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    The serious Democratic candidates will wait and run in 2008. I sure wouldn't want to run against Bush this time around. I expect Hillary and Daschle will both run in 2008.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    My .02. History dictates that the Dems. pick a Southern democrat to run for the top spot if they want to win. I'm not sure that Edwards will be quite what they are looking for. I don't think he would ever do it, but the best candidate to me would be John Breaux. He has everything the dems would be looking for in '08. I really look for Hillary to come in and screw things up for them in '08 though.

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar
    There's plenty of time left for W. to choke, but not likely. He learned on his father's knee that "it's the war, stupid." It's just a matter of whether there will be enough money to keep the war (or wars)going for two years while still cutting taxes. He's got to remember there's only so much left to pull from lily-livered social programs like highway construction and medicare.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    LOL! What has he pulled from medicare? Now he may not have funded some of the programs that fell under medicare, but I don't recall anything being cut. Not funding is not cutting. Did that make sense? There's still plenty of free stuff out there. Folks just have to work.....ah, I mean "look" a little harder to find it.

+ Reply to Thread