+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crappy end to a crappy week.......

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    This has been a totally forgettable week for me, and now the coup de gras', my man Johnny Cash, dead at 71.

John Cash Dead at 71

Through this man's lyrics and ballads, he epitomized one inerrant theme - humanity. I tip my hat to the classics:

Ring of Fire
    I walk the Line
    Ballad of Ira Hayes
    Boy Named Sue
    Man in Black
    Ghost Riders in the Sky
    Sunday Morning Coming Down
    and his own "Requeim" -- HURT

An Arkansas boy and former Louisiana Hayride star, his "signature move" was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on stage. With back turned to the audience, he would wheel around with his crooked smile and belt out in his unique baritone voice, "Hello...I'm Johnny Cash".

Damn, I'm gonna miss him.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    John Ritter also died yesterday

Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire was co-written by a graduate of "The City of Byrd."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    This has been a totally forgettable week for me, and now the coup de gras', my man Johnny Cash, dead at 71.

John Cash Dead at 71

Through this man's lyrics and ballads, he epitomized one inerrant theme - humanity. I tip my hat to the classics:

Ring of Fire
    I walk the Line
    Ballad of Ira Hayes
    Boy Named Sue
    Man in Black
    Ghost Riders in the Sky
    Sunday Morning Coming Down
    and his own "Requeim" -- HURT

An Arkansas boy and former Louisiana Hayride star, his "signature move" was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on stage. With back turned to the audience, he would wheel around with his crooked smile and belt out in his unique baritone voice, "Hello...I'm Johnny Cash".

Damn, I'm gonna miss him.
    You forgot "Cocaine Blues..." by TJ Arnall

Which I think is one of his best songs of all time...

Only ARTIST to be in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, Country Hall of Fame and Songwriters Hall of Fame...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Very sad. But when June died a few weeks back, I had a feeling Johnny didnt have much longer.

We were all thinking football on Aug.28, but Johnny also won a MTV Video Award! Say what you will about the legitimacy of those "awards", but you have to acknowledge his cross-generational appeal.

Certainly a great American.

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    AMEN TO ALL OF THE ABOVE.......Thank God for recorded music so his music and style can live on.........now June and Johnny are back together again....

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    Oh, I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert.

+ Reply to Thread