+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ad in News-Star

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Sorry that my only post ever on this Topic has to be a negative one, but I just can't help it.

I noticed in today's paper that we had purchased one of those cheesy little 5 x 7 ads that goes in the bottom left of page 2. Y'all know the ones? It is asking folks to come out to the game. Tonight's Blue Plate Special...............One child gets in for $3 with an adult who purchases a ticket.

Does our administration really give a rip if anybody comes to these games?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    NO

I was talking to a Tech grad that does not follow Tech sports. I asked why he follows lsu instead of Tech, his responce, "Everyone in Ruston acts like the world owes them a favor and I do not like those type of people".

He is right.

With that stupid attitude, who needs you??????????????

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    LOL!

.........and there you have it. The typical WBB fan response.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1techfan62
    With that stupid attitude, who needs you??????????????

I think you missed the point.

From our President down to the janitors, from the Mayor to the maintance men, there is an attitude problem in Ruston.

Everyone in that town acts like the world owes them a favor. I have never seen a campus or town filled with so many spoiled pansies. Even our head football coach has been altered by the Ruston lifestyle :-(

Everyone at Tech and in Ruston just expects to sit back and then good things will happen.

Tech loses so many good students after their freshman year becasue no one really give a damn about them. Most of our student base is comprised of 20 year olds living at home with mommy and daddy, commuting from "small town NLA".

That is no way to build up an alumni base that gives back to the university :-( Tech and Ruston should be a place that attracts top students and keeps them there during the quarter. Students should not be running over each other to get out of Ruston after classes on Fridays!

From our administrators to our dorms, from the city council to the rookie ruston cop, it is amazing we have the students we do!

But Ruston will be Ruston and the same people that wear their $300 Cole Han shoes complimented by their $5 hair cut will continue to make stupid or no decisions that kill Ruston's and Tech's student relations.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Monty, I agree with you to an extent, but I'd still like to take that Tech graduate who uses that as an excuse to support LSU instead of Tech and shake some of his teeth loose.

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Sorry that my only post ever on this Topic has to be a negative one, but I just can't help it.

I noticed in today's paper that we had purchased one of those cheesy little 5 x 7 ads that goes in the bottom left of page 2. Y'all know the ones? It is asking folks to come out to the game. Tonight's Blue Plate Special...............One child gets in for $3 with an adult who purchases a ticket.

Does our administration really give a rip if anybody comes to these games?
    Did you also notice that the ad said " Lady Indians" vs Hawaii????
    and the ticket info number that was in the ad was--251-0000--that number is the Kings Inn western motel number--excuse me but was the proof reader a ULM grad or just playing a little joke. Either way I'm sure some folks got a good laugh.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Tech should get a CREDIT or their money back for that crap.

You know, I didn't even notice the typos. The ad was so rediculous that I just shook my head and moved on to something else. I'm not sure about this, but I'm guessing that these little cheesy ads (we had them for football games too) are part of the "package" that the News-Star gives us for being a "MAJOR" sponsor. I did notice the print of the girl in the ad. She was a hottie!!

I don't know, I just see so much potential for fan support slipping away day by day. Nobody but die hards even know when and who we play. I can't speak for the women's team, but the Bulldawgs are really really fun to watch. Heck, we can't even put out signs on campus to let the students know what is going on.

+ Reply to Thread