+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congrats again!!

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar
    Congratulations, ladies! You had me worried for a few minutes there, but you pulled it together and you protected your WIN!

Good game!! :heart: :wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Funny -

I'm alittle worried about a team that only manged to win by 8 points at home this year against a team that they blew out by 29 at home last year -

There was no FIRE in this team - and if Amber doesn't play like she does, this team gets beat...

But, that is right - they are girls and the Lady Techsters - lets not be too hard or demeaning on them - they are the glue that holds this universities sports programs together...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar
    I never said we should be easier on them because they are girls...nor did I ever imply that they are the glue that holds the University sports programs together.

I congratulated them on a victory.

I never said I was happy with the fact that we were leading by 21 over 3/4 of the way through the ballgame and then let it shrivel to 5.

I never said I was comfortable with an 8 point victory over a team we beat by 29 last year.

But I HAVE said that this is a different team with a new coach and fresh talent. And I intend to praise them and congratulate them when they win.

Why must you pick that apart? :roll:

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    Esteemed Texan,

You have to get used to it. This is DFM's board and he says what he wants. If he wants to criticize the Techsters for spanking San Jose 83 to 38 you have to let him. It doesn't matter that the Spartan's have the high scorer in the league and were undefeated in the conference. You also have to let him proclaim Tech isn't a top 35 team before the season hardly even starts. Don't question his astute assertions because he'll remind you he has been a season ticket holder forever.

What concerned me most about the HI game is that several times Erica and Catrina got offensive rebounds and tried to go right back up with a shot. They we're soundly rejected. I'm sure that when they see the game film they'll be sure and kick it out next time to reset the offense.

The game was the most poorly officiated I've seen in quite a while. Neither team received an advantage as a result, but it was frustrating to watch. Goo and Budke both were tearing into the officials. I was mortified by the blown lead also, but part of it was due to UH's bad shots going in. I too was happy that the Techsters kept their composure the last five minutes and pulled it out. This should wake them up for their game on the island.

Prepare yourself for some gloating if we lose a conference game. By the way, can someone tell me how in the ---- we lost the Western game. I was out of the country at the time and didn't get to see it. I noticed WKU hasn't been doing that well since. I'm happy to see that SFA has won their first four conference games.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by american
    By the way, can someone tell me how in the ---- we lost the Western game. I was out of the country at the time and didn't get to see it. I noticed WKU hasn't been doing that well since. I'm happy to see that SFA has won their first four conference games.
    That WKU game will always be somewhat of a mystery, but I think we played similar to the way we played against Tenn. this year. The WKU game was our first game in a hostile environment and our starters all got in foul trouble early. Our newbies were intimidated by WKU fans and we just never recovered.

The Tenn. game bothered me in the first half, but I think we started to play in the second. It just was not clicking. Since that time, we have come together as a team.

Hawaii is a great team. They have come very close to beating top notch opponents - UConn within 10 and close the entire game. That was a similar game to ours. Texas Tech blew them out, though. I can bet you that the game on the Island will be really tough, but we seem to step it up for those games. We relaxed in this one - I hope they learned their lesson. Teams like SMU and Hawaii are too good to relax against.

We moved up to #11 yesterday in the AP Poll. That is about where we belong right now. If we win out in the WAC, we should finish about at #8. That is deserving of a #3 seed at the worst, but we can't count on the committee for that. We have two rounds at home, but they could send someone like lsu our way.

Like most teams (ala Duke vs. unranked Virginia), there are no gimme games this year. We have to work hard in every single one. Parity is definitely here. That is a good thing for wbb, except the WAC gets no respect in wbb. That will make it difficult. As soon as these WAC teams start winning some tough OOC games (like SMU beating Oklahoma), we will get more respect.

Parity:

Virginia really beating Duke, but called for a bogus foul with a second left in the game.

Texas beat Tenn.

New Mexico beat Texas

We beat New Mexico but got whipped by Tenn.

WKU beats us

We beat Texas Tech

Texas Tech kills Hawaii

Hawaii barely loses to UConn

Purdue beat by unranked (but left in top 10)

SMU beats Oklahoma

Vanderbilt loses to two unranked teams - but beats WKU handily

UTEP beats out UConn for top recruit

PARITY IS HERE and WE ARE STILL FINE!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by american
    Esteemed Texan,

You have to get used to it. This is DFM's board and he says what he wants. If he wants to criticize the Techsters for spanking San Jose 83 to 38 you have to let him. It doesn't matter that the Spartan's have the high scorer in the league and were undefeated in the conference. You also have to let him proclaim Tech isn't a top 35 team before the season hardly even starts. Don't question his astute assertions because he'll remind you he has been a season ticket holder forever.
    Damn right - and I have missed very FEW home gomes...

And I still think they are overrated by about 12 notches...

If I'm wrong at the end of the year I will admit, but until then I will not -

Not signing the Alana Beards and Simone Augustus's of LHSAA basketball is beginning to show on this team -

But, I will give Bundke the benefit of the doubt for now - he has some rebuilding to do and is off to a good start - but we are still getting spanked by Tenn by 20+ pts at home and until that changes we are not TRULY in a NC hunt...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Dwayne, in 1996-97 Pat Summitt and her Lady Vols came into Ruston and suffered a humiliating loss to the Techsters late in the season. The margin was 18 points and the game was never in doubt. Tennessee lost TEN games that season and went on to win the national title. We might get there but it will be a long climb. The nations best are not impressing me this year. There is no dominant team like UConn and Tennessee have been in recent years. I do think it is POSSIBLE to go very far ... maybe even a Final Four or an NC. I do think parity is that much better ... A decent draw in the NCAA's can get us to the Final Four. (Fat chance) -- A couple of great games and maybe a lucky bounce can get us a title.

That said, I completely agree with you on the talent aspect. We should not be losing players in Louisiana but we are going to because we just don't have the money. Tradition will keep us competitive but it is going to be hard to compete with programs that have money pouring out of every corner of the AD. We are not the program we were even 5 years ago. Our current ranking is enough to judge that by. When have we spent significant time NOT in the Top 10? It has been a LONG time.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    It's Budke, not Bundky.

I will probably catch it for that correction and it might have just been a typo.

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    Listening to Malcolm's broadcast of the FSU game, it sounded like the Techsters were in an old Memorial Gym type atmosphere - a packed house of 1,600. Glad to see the Ladies come back from down four in the 2nd half to win by 10. Seemed like FSU fouled us on every possession in the 2nd half. Go Amber!

12-2 now!

The calls were absolutely horrible. It sounded like obvious bias.

Anyway, they held on. That gym looks more like a high school gym. They broke their record in attendance and had 400 more people than the place held.

Amber did a terrific job.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Was the game on TV? ops: I'll be upset if I missed it :cry: BTW the DAWGS are looking good tonight. At least on the net via ears :roll: . I am upset about not being able to make this one tonight as well. 3106 in attendance.

Nope, it wasn't on TV. I flew out there - just kidding. I listened to it on the internet.

The announcers couldn't control themselves commenting on the calls. Really badly called game. Frierson even got a technical. SHe was being totally hammered under the goal and the refs were not calling anything. When they called a jump ball on an obvious foul and gave the ball back to Fresno, Trina got upset. Everyone calmed down and went to their benches on a Tech time out. No calls were made. Then just as the time out was over, the refs called a "T" on Frierson when she wasn't even out there. Talk about your late calls.

Trina and Ford spent much of the first half on the bench with fouls, because they were calling plenty on us. That gave Fresno every opportunity to climb back into the game.

Oh well, a win is a win. We have two tough road games under our belt now with SMU and Fresno. Hawaii will be tough on the island and there is always that revenge game against Rice coming up soon.

+ Reply to Thread