+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caitlyn Clark vs Pete Maravich

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Caitlyn Clark vs Pete Maravich

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Comparing D1 stats to small school stats doesn't make any more sense than comparing women's basketball stats to men's basketball stats. Playing in an inferior league makes it, by definition, apples to oranges. Caitlin now has the major women's record. Pete has the men's record. Talking about an "overall record" is absurd.
    You just made my point...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Whatever the comparison, it's just great to see LSU fans super mad about what they think is a slight to Maravich and LSU.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pistol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SayMvB86OPs

Had to pay attention every second when you played with him, which I had the privilege to do at the Y. He would send a pass your way without warning. Saw many a fellow catch one in the side of the face because they took their eyes off of him.

Yeah, he showboated but only because he could.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yes, I watched the entire Iowa game last night, start to finish, which is the first, and probably last WBB game not involving the Techsters, I will watch going forward. Oh, yes, I will channel surf and pause during some WBB telecasts, especially if it involves my favorite coach, pigtails! I tune in just to see what silly outfit she and her lesbian lover are wearing and to root for the other team, no matter who it is.

Anyway, back to Iowa and Caitlyn Clark...

their point guard, Wells, is out injured and whoa! did Clark and her team ever struggle last night vs. West Virginia. They did prevail, but the lack of a PG really showed. Clark is no point guard, and neither are the other three guards they started and played most of the minutes. Iowa starts 4 guards and one forward. Without their true PG, they struggled to get into their halfcourt offense. This shows you just how frickin' critical a point guard is! They had numerous turnovers, passes out of synch with the movement of players, a real mess.

As for Clark, she is really good. Has a great shot, perfect rotation on the ball, she squares up before she shoots. You could video her shooting techniques to use to teach young players how to properly shoot a basketball. She also sees the court really well, but as I said, she is no point guard. She does make some nice passes as part of the Iowa scheme. Last night she and Martin alternated running the point and did the best they could. Iowa won't reach the Final Four without their starting PG, Colorado will beat them this week. Wells is expected back though.

And to include a sexist remark, Iowa's Gabbie Marshall, one of the guards, is a real cutie!

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

No clue why I remember this........ Apparently Pete (while playing for the Jazz) had an exhibition game in Shreveport (my guess was sometime in 75-77). I went to Fair Park High School in Shreveport and it was right across the street from the Fairgrounds (Hirsch Coliseum) where the game would be held. He had been working out in the Fair Park gym and was leaving with his entourage. The opponents that day were (I think) the 76ers. Whoever they were, they were showing up at the Fair Park gym when he was leaving and they were giving him all kinds of hell. Calling him "hotdog", "Primadonna", etc. He never acknowledged them as he was walking away and the guys were just rolling in laughter. To say they weren't very fond of him was an understatement.

Okay, I watched Caitlyn Clark play again. She had to run the point because their regular PG is still not ready to go, recovering from an injury. Iowa practiced with Clark running the point and they were prepared and it showed. Clark had 15 assists, two turnovers, but both of those came in the 2nd half with Iowa comfortably in front and Clark trying to get fancy and squeeze a pass through traffic. The Iowa team has a collective HIGH IQ in hoops and they are fun to watch.

Clark is very much the female version of Pistol Pete. If I were starting a women's team and had the #1 draft choice, I would take Clark. She is that good.

Now, they get pigtails and her merry band of thugettes on Monday. Go Hawkeyes!

+ Reply to Thread