+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spell Check

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Go to php.net and search for PSpell

If the web site is running on Windows, forget that I even made this suggestion ... or switch to Linux

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Seen it. Checked out some others as well. Win2K Server. No go :cry:

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Why does the posts sometimes expand larger than my screen? I thought for awhile it was something individual posters were doing, but one of the threads I started expanded larger than my screen. I can live with it, but it is rather annoying.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    It generally happens when someone has posted their message with included HTML. Apparently, php doesn't really like html formating dictated by the message rather than the logic and templates that are built into the standard templates. When we start including pure html into the posts rather than the predefined formating tags, it messes up the width fields. I'm not sure there is much we can do about it at this time.

Chris

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    And, sometimes, someone will post a picture that is wider than the message area. Same problem.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Thanks for the response EJ. Although I don't understand the reason behind the response, because it simply is above my head, I do understand the answer; viz., there is nothing I can do on my end to fix it.

It's not important that it be fixed. I was just curious if it was something on my end. The Delphi board did the same thing, and I just dealt with that too.

I want to thank the administrators again for the good job they do to make this board work.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Actually ... I am wondering if it is possible to get it working under Cygwin and reference it as an external program? I am not sure how insecure that solution would be though it may be worth a shot. It would likely be more hassle than it is worth, actually and likely a very inefficient way to handle it ...

+ Reply to Thread