+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Murphy J. Foster

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    "Louisiana underfunds its highway system and has been paying the same gasoline tax - 20 cents- for 20 years while the construction costs have doubled," the Gov'nuh says while making excuses for La's terrible highways, and testing the waters for a tax hike.

For you Louisiana Dawgs keeping score:

Act Number 11 of the 1984 Special Session increased the gasoline tax from 8 cents per gallon to 16 cents per gallon effective in 1985.

Act Number 847 of the 1989 Regular Session added Article VII, Section 27 to the State Constitution effective January 1, 1990. It increased the gasoline tax from 16 cents per gallon to 20 cents per gallon and it prohibited any sales tax on gasoline.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    And, I'm not buying the construction costs have doubled either! I graduated in 1986 and am not buying that at all. Foster is a tax and spend democrat that converted to pretending to be a Republican for expediency when he decided to run for governor.

I'm not sure who the answer is, but so far I don't see it in announced candidates or even those considering a run for the most part. Bobby Jindal, I read in this morning's Advocate, is considering a run for governor and he might be the most intriguing candidate to me so far (of course, it does concern me that Foster is the one who "discovered" him).

+ Reply to Thread