+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shreveport's Name the Team Poll

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    For anyone that cares, the New Central Baseball League team in Shreveport is asking fans to name the team from 4 finalists.

They are Sports, Captains, Bombers and Stallions.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/sports/

There is also a column about the new baseball team doing the right thing: including the hiring of Dave Nitz.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/html/...877686B6.shtml

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    At least Swamp Dragons isn't on the list

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I was sad to see Captains got more votes than Sports.

I assume that is because that most who remember the Shreveport Sports are dead, too old to use a computer or not paying attention to this poll.
    Anyone know how many years the team was the Sports and how many years it was known as the Captains?

I registered on the Tech message board on the Times' site. I didn't know it existed. Two people posted there in September and about 70 people have looked at it, but no one is posting now. Are we boycotting that site or just overlooking another chance to bring Tech to the attention of people who look at the Times' site.

When I clicked on the site I was hoping it linked to BB&B but too much to ask.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I have seen the board, but like you said, there is no one on there.

Most schools have their own boards that are much more popular and nicer. No offense to The Times -I appreciate the effort by their staff to include a message board for us.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    I used to sneak into our den and listen to the S'Port Sports radio broadcasts after everyone in the house had gone to bed. My favorite player was Leo Posada.

We also had a shortstop who later went on to play in the "big park" and manage for Kansas City. For trivia sake, do you remember his name?

My dream was to play at SPAR stadium and when I was older, that dream was a reality. An encounter with the left field wall, however, put a damper on things when I tried to run THROUGH the wall and broke my jaw trying to pull in a line drive off the bat of Woodlawn's Trey Prather.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar
    "big park"?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I registered on the Tech message board on the Times' site. I didn't know it existed. Two people posted there in September and about 70 people have looked at it, but no one is posting now. Are we boycotting that site or just overlooking another chance to bring Tech to the attention of people who look at the Times' site.

When I clicked on the site I was hoping it linked to BB&B but too much to ask.
    There is not a snowball's chance in hell that the Times will ever link anything to this site -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I was sad to see Captains got more votes than Sports.

I assume that is because that most who remember the Shreveport Sports are dead, too old to use a computer or not paying attention to this poll.
    Anyone know how many years the team was the Sports and how many years it was known as the Captains?
    "Sports" got my vote, Aub, but no joy. Here's the history:

Shreveport Sports - 1925-32, 38-42, 46-57, and 59-61.
    Shreveport Braves - 1968-70
    Shreveport Captains - 1971-2000.

Regards, Buddy.

+ Reply to Thread