+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gunter's Paper Tigerettes

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Well, I am certainly glad to see that the more things change, the more they remain the same. Sue Gunter still can't coach!

Must be an LSU thing, Gunter is like Dale Brown, great recruiter, tons of talent, $hitty team!

The most striking thing is a lack of team defense. The Techsters would beat this LSU bunch and by a lot too. Ford and Frierson would both enjoy career days scoring at will inside. Gunter's gals have no interior defense.

It's not that they lost at Arkansas yesterday, a lot of good teams would lose to the Lady Pigs. Blair is a good coach and he has talent. No, it's not that, it's the way they lost. Absolutely clueless on the defensive end, and nothing but schoolyard on the offensive end.

BTW, I thought Gary Blair was once an assistant at Tech. And so too was Nell Fortner, and that blonde gal who now coaches the Indiana WBA team, and co-hosts from the studio.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future
    Yes Blair was at Tech. He came with Deb Rodman from Dallas Oak Cliff(Dennis Rodman sister). He left Tech for the SFA job and then to the Pigs. He is a very good coach. Nell was also at Tech, but not the other lady that you talked about. I think she was a Vol or ODU player in her day. I think she hates Tech.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Tech could have beaten either team with little worries yesterday.

That was my first look at the tiggerets this year - boy, are they weak in the post.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    If LSU and the Piglets play again, I would bet on the Tigers. They are loaded with talent and had a bad day on Sunday.

It's h__l putting your future in the hands of 18-21 year olds.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    lsu's weak post play will keep them from the final four - maybe the EE.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I think it depends on who they are paired against as to how far they will get. If they get an easy road with Big 12 teams (except for TT or Texas), they can make it.

I watched UConn play ND yesterday and Duke play North Carolina. UConn has had another player step up besides Taurasi. I am still not that impressed with them, though. Conlin made what seemed like 100 3 pointers in a row for them. Taurasi was on the bench for most of the first half in foul trouble. Amber could guard that Conlin with no problem, but if Taurasi and Conlin are in the game together and hitting, they look tough to beat. I HATE THAT!

Duke continues to look vulnerable. Of course, I thought they did last year as well. Beard is the best player in wbb IMHO, but the other look very average. Iciss Tillis looks too scrawny to do anything, but has her way against a weak post. Her shooting the outside shots (including the three now) does present problems though.

Oh well, much more bball to play yet. We need to be very careful in the conference. The WAC has improved. They don't get enough credit for being potential giant killers and that makes it even more dangerous. I worry about Rice, FSU, SMU, Hawaii, and Tulsa. All of these teams can beat us if we have a bad night. We still have two of those on their home courts left plus the tournament.

We stayed at #11 in the AP poll this week. lsu dropped 3 places. We need to win out to at least be in the top 10 come selection time. That might get us a #3 seed. What region we are placed in is a HUGE concern, though.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I'm not defending the Lady Tigers or anything and definitely don't want you guys to start calling me "Tiger Todd", but keep in mind that LSU's two best players went out with injuries. I think Trina White, their post player, went out fairly early in the game, and Simonne Augustus went out with about 8 minutes left or vice versa. I didn't see the game, so I can't say whether we would have won or not. But, knowing how Sue Gunter's teams are coached, if it had been close, I feel confident we would have pulled it out.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    augustus was in the whole game and I believe White was also. Augustus got hurt by stepping on a chearleader a couple of games ago. But be that as it may, I've always said, having Gunter as your coach automatically keeps you from being able to finish in the top 5.
    Did I see her in that movie "the mummy" ????

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    that is too damn funny!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I'm not defending the Lady Tigers or anything and definitely don't want you guys to start calling me "Tiger Todd", but keep in mind that LSU's two best players went out with injuries. I think Trina White, their post player, went out fairly early in the game, and Simonne Augustus went out with about 8 minutes left or vice versa. I didn't see the game, so I can't say whether we would have won or not. But, knowing how Sue Gunter's teams are coached, if it had been close, I feel confident we would have pulled it out.
    Ford and Frierson would score a ton of points. And, as long as Obaze had a good game, and she got some help out in the open floor, Tech would whip the Tiggerettes.

In the Arkie game, LSU's Hodges came up huge and kept the game respectable. Hodges was throwing in shots from all over the place. If not for her game, LSU loses to the Lady Pigs by 25 pts, major blowout!

And as someone else has said, just remember, our ace in the hole is Gunter...

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    augustus was in the whole game and I believe White was also. Augustus got hurt by stepping on a chearleader a couple of games ago. But be that as it may, I've always said, having Gunter as your coach automatically keeps you from being able to finish in the top 5.
    According to the recap in the paper, both left the game early but at different times.

Then freshman Seimone Augustus limped off with an ankle injury early in the second half. Senior center and emotional leader DeTrina White left for good with 8:54 to play with an injury that could possibly sideline her for an extended period of time again. She will be X-rayed today.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    I stand corrected on White, but know for a fact Augustus came back and played the rest of the game. Didn't act like her ankle was bothering her to much.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I stand corrected on White, but know for a fact Augustus came back and played the rest of the game. Didn't act like her ankle was bothering her to much.
    .......and how do you know this for a fact? Please don't say you listened to the game. :thumbsdo:

BTW, the only reason I'm over here is because I saw that you had posted. You didn't let me down. :lol: "The Mummy"

HECK NO I DIDN'T LISTEN TO IT . . . I watched it! :O) It was on the tube and I saw my second favorate team was play'n (whoever is play'n lsu) and decided to watch for a while. Actually I wanted to watch Augustus, that was the first chance I had to see her.

LOL, yeah, "the mummy", I keep waiting for one of her fingers to break off and crumble to the ground. Personally, I didn't know they made hair that white!!

+ Reply to Thread