+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA tournament

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Using the most updated RPI projection on CollegeRPI.com, Tech would be 18th in RPI going into the conference tournaments. Tech would win out up to the WAC tournament in this projection, and probably needs to win the tournament to have any realistic shot at a #3 seed.

The committee will have to either shift regions or adjust the seeds by a position or two to avoid home site conflicts in the 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5 spots. That said a #18 RPI could earn anything from a #3 seed down to a #6 seed. Just about any loss by Tech would drop its projected RPI into the 20s and shift the likely seed range down by one or two spots.

The link for the RPI projection is
    http://www.collegerpi.com/women/03/rpiproj.html

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    In the last 10 years or so, I believe Tech's seeding has only been above their RPI one time (maybe two) And that was the Final Four teams. If they are 18 in RPI, I'd look for them to be a 5 seed. I don't think the TTech win will help when put together with the WKentucky loss and their lack of competitiveness against UT.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I agree that we will probably end up with a 4 or 5 seed. I do think the committee will give us a 4 seed, though, due to political issues revolving around us having a home court for this one.

It should be interesting, though. I am very worried that we still might drop a road game, though, before the end of the season. Tomorrow night is a prime trap for this. Hawaii loses on the road about as much as 3 or 4 other WAC teams, but they are really tough at home. We only beat them by single digits at the TAC. They were beat by UConn only by 7 points on the Island.

I am worried about this one. It is going to be tough down to the wire.

Does that mean that we are not the #9 team in the country? no. There are many teams ranked in the top 10 that would drop a game to Hawaii at this point in the season. The polls and the selection committee will hang us for it, though.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Does that mean that we are not the #9 team in the country? no. There are many teams ranked in the top 10 that would drop a game to Hawaii at this point in the season. The polls and the selection committee will hang us for it, though.
    This is the problem we always face--and in most all sports. If Tennessee loses to Mississippi State, people will say "wow, MSU is better than we thought they were." If Tech loses to Hawaii, people will say "the Techsters are overrated." The presumption is always toward the big conference schools -- even in women's basketball where that picture is inaccurate.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    That is exactly right. RPI of bigger conferences is naturally higher than ours. RPI does not tell the story with teams like Hawaii, SMU, and Tulsa.

SMU proved that it can pull the upset on Oklahoma's home floor. Didn't get them anywhere, though. They might not be good (like most of our WAC brothers) every night, but those three teams can pull off a win on any given night against top 10 opponents. When you look at the 10 thru 25 spots, I know they are better than most of them on most nights.

Oh Well, life outside of the SEC, Big 12.......

We just need to take care of business tomorrow night.

+ Reply to Thread