+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question about the baseball team

Puppy SECDawgfan is an unknown
    How often do you guys travel to Hawaii? What would the travel be like if there were 12 members in the WAC??? :?:

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    I can answer your first question (once/year for a 3 game series), but not the second question. It is a very good one since currently there are only 6 baseball playing programs in the WAC (LA Tech, Rice, Fresno, Nevada, Hawaii, and San Jose St). A 30 game WAC schedule is used currently with 3 home games and 3 away games for each team.

We really need more southwestern WAC schools (preferably SMU and Tulsa) to start a baseball program to achieve better geographic balance in baseball.
    ________
    Toyota tf101
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Adding ULL would help.

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown
    Here's my question. What is STOPPING ull from joining the WAC?

1. Do they think they are too good to be in a conference with us? I mean... they are in a conference with ulm, for goodness sake.

2. I think they could be very competitive in the WAC. They suck at football, but so did we last year. I think they could win some games against Tulsa, UTEP, SMU and San Jose. They would be in the upper echelon of basketball programs, probably right in the middle of the pack. And everyone knows they're baseball program would love to be able to compete with Rice every year. It make them that much better.

3. Is the WAC as a whole scared to look to the Sun Belt AGAIN seeing the damage that we did in our first year in the league???

4. Are we not seriously considering going to two divisions in the conference? If we are, ull has to be the number one choice!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Add ULL and NMSU and you have a solid 12 team conference that reduces travel costs by a bunch and has a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ON TELIVISION. It increases regional flavor and it improves the baseball situation tremendously.

All of the sudden you have a stable WAC ... :idea:

However, I have a feeling our fans would get upset at the prospect of having to compete with ULL again.

Remember, the best way to solve your problem in Louisiana is to abstuct the progress of your opponent rather than demonstrating that you are more competent.

Along those lines ... I heard that HS principals want to add a system that requires voting folks into the various divisions ... When you can vote teams like Evangel down, you don't have to compete. THAT is the Louisiana way.
    :thumbsdo:

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    B hoss, I think right now the WAC commissioner is shooting for stability above all else. The upheaval which has been the WAC for the last few years is not what he wants. He doesn't want for the make-up of the league to change every year or two. That said, I totally agree that it would be in the WAC's advantage to add a couple of teams and go to two divisions. And barring any unrealistic possibility such as TCU, Houston, Southern Miss or Tulane my No. 1 choice (close your eyes HogDawg) would be UL-Lafayette. They would bring outstanding baseball, good basketball with crowds that dwarf us, and a football program that appears to be ready to compete again. Plus they are only a 3 to 4 ride away from Ruston.

+ Reply to Thread