Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amber Obaze

11 50.00%
  • Cheryl Ford

11 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAC Player of the Year - Amber Obaze

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I know alot of ya'll will disagree with me -

But Amber Obaze SHOULD be the POY -

She outplays, outsmarts and out hustles everyone on the floor and has a basketball mind -

The same cannot be said for Ford...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Amber Obaze is awesome. She is definitely the smartest player on the team. We wouldn't be anywhere without her.

Saying all that, though, Cheryl Ford does many things that are unnoticable. Her rebounding and presence under the goal is intimidating and we wouldn't be anywhere without her either.

We have two candidates for POY - no doubt about that. In fact, there are only 3 other players in the league that can come close to matching play with our top 7. The politics are amazing, though. We have only had a player of the week twice, I think, since the season started.

As for these two, it is too hard for me to pick one over the other. I don't care that much for POY stuff anyway. It is a team sport and every one of the players on our team contribute to the Techsters success.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    I'm going with Amber... She may not get the recognition like Cheryl does, but she consistently leads the team whether it is getting back on defense, always drawing the other team's best player on defense, hitting the shot when needed, or just stepping up and being a leader when needed... I think Cheryl is a very talented player... the most intimidating of the WAC for sure, but I feel if she played with Obaze's desire she'd be averaging atleast 25 points and well of course, she already has the rebounds...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    I just don't think one of the laziest players on the team deserves the conference POY award -

And before ya'll jump on me -

I have been to every home game except Centenary - and 75% of the time Cherly plays lazy -

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    I agree. How many times has Cheryl missed multiple layup attempts because she won't jump just because she has 3 or more inches on the other players on the court? Her rebounding stats should be good when she gets 3 or more rebounds on one offensive possession because she misses at point blank range.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Last night the POY was Trina Frierson. That is one of the great things about this team - someone always steps up. When they are all hitting on all cylendars, we are unstoppable.

Last night wasn't that night, but Nevada was just hot and couldn't miss.

Frierson was hot and literally couldn't miss -

But, at one point Obaze got the assist on 5 strait trips down the floor -

She didn'y score alot (actually struggled with her shot) but Amber was switched to guard #12 after she went of for 5 strait 3's on Erica Smith and I think she had 7 more point the reminder of the game...

I just have a hard time with Ford being POY when she is far from a complete player - and maybe the third best player on the team behind Obaze and Frierson -

+ Reply to Thread