View Poll Results: Should the Lady Techsters change their name to Lady Bulldogs?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we should have "Bulldogs" and "Lady Bulldogs"

5 11.11%
  • No, don't mess with tradition.

40 88.89%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Lady Techsters" or "Lady Bulldogs"?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Should the Lady Techsters change their name to Lady Bulldogs?
    ________
    Iolite herbal vaporizer review
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Basketball should be "Lady Techsters." I have no problem with the other sports being called "Lady Bulldogs."

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown
    This may sound horrible because I'm supposed to be supporting my whole university, but...

I love being able to separate the two by saying, "I'm a Bulldogs fan!"

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Here we go again.

Why don't we just tear down some of those old buildings on campus as well. We could start over and build a new campus somewhere else. Better yet, let's just re-name the whole university.

How about close down Tech and move it to Florida. The Florida Tech Tigers? or do we want to get rid of the "Tech", as well?

Whatever we do, let's make sure that NOBODY knows who we are and what we have accomplished. Name recognition is highly overrated. Ask any candidate for political office.

After 25 years of dominance and national press, why don't we change our NAME???????????????????????????????

Good one.........................

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar
    In a time when we are trying to start traditions in other sports and continue the traditions with more emphasis - I think it is imperative we keep the womens basketball team-Lady Techsters. As was mentioned - why give up over 25 years of positive name re-enforcement. The only problem I have is trying to name the other women's sports the Lady Techsters. It is a little confusing to see a headline "lady Techsters lose at home" and the article is about the softball or vollyball teams not the basketball teams. Maybe because of the incredible history of the Lady Techster name the university could proclaim that the womens basketball team is the only womens sport to have that name. Since there doesn't seem to be the aversion to a Lady Bulldog monikor as in the past - the rest of the women's sports could be named the Tech Lady Bulldogs. The Lady Techsters would mean only one thing in college sports--an awesome tradition rich winning women's BASKETBALL team.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Actually Techajun, I could even agree with that.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Change the color - and have the STATE & BLOCK T mandatory on ALL SPORTS UNIFORMS, with LOUISIANA TECH or TECH across the chest if a name is on the uniform - home and away jersies...

Leave all women's sports as LADY TECHSTERS -

It just sounds better than Lady Bulldogs...

I'm agin'it...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

OK with the state and block T - keep the color the same. That is the recognizable blue for the Lady Techsters. Always has been - but, of course, you know that.....

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    And while we are waiting on this LONG promised Licensing Agreement -

I hope that they not only settled on one color of blue -

But also -

A uniform STATE and BLOCK T

A uniform BULLDOG (I think they did this, altelast with the head shot)

A uniform script and font for TECH, LOUISIANA TECH and TECHSTERS...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I think that 'Lady Techsters' has a certain tradition to it and I, like Dwayne, think that 'Lady Bulldogs' just does not sound right.

I don't mind the above, but all sports should have the Tech 'Block T' symbol and 'Louisiana Tech' on their uniforms.

I also think that a single blue is the correct way to go. JMHO.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Razorback Sows is the proposed change in Fayetteville. It has received about the same reception as Bull ....... would. And apparently the unwillingness to tempt opposing fans to scream that name was the reason the correct feminine canine word was so carefully avoided when the "Lady Bulldogs" first hit the scene. The Techsters are in the dreams of many young girls nationwide. There is no reason ever to drop the name. The only problem I know of is that an occasional announcer has called the Bulldogs the Techsters because he didn't know the real name.
    Interestingly enough, Louisiana Tech has feminized the suffix "...ster" simply by producing such a good women's BB team and, at least to Tech fans, Techster now is automatically feminine and it may be that way in other people's minds because of the Lady Techsters' success. By analogy or what is known as back-formation in language study, this Lady Techster fame could cause people to think that a gangster is a woman associated with a gang or a roadster is a feminine vehicle (that sort of fits some of the traditional roadsters).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    I don't think the name "Lady Techsters" has had enough of an impact on the lexicon to change "ster" into the fem, automatically. If it did, then "Lady Techsters" would be redundant and the name "Techsters" would suffice. Come to think of it, that has already started happening.

In any event, I am happy our WBB team is nicknamed the "Lady Techsters." It beats Lady Bulldogs, but then Sonja Hogg and F.J. recognized that 30 years ago!

Other schools have started taking the even safer PC path of just one name for all teams, whether they are male or female. Tulane, for instance, calls both teams the Green Wave. They balk at the use of "Lady Wave" even in casual usage. But, that's okay for them, both their men's and women's programs are nondescript anyway. So, who cares?

I do like the idea of making the Techsters' uniforms more like others on campus, with one minor exception. The Techsters should retain some aspect of the Columbia blue, perhaps an added stripe on the uni somewhere. Other than that, put "Louisiana Tech" and the block T and state logo on their unis too. Like any one person, no one program is more important than the overall university. The Techsters are a HUGE part of our beloved university, but that's it, only a part of it. I love the Techsters and revel in their proud tradition, but bottom line, they are still: Louisiana Tech University.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I can accept Lady Techsters for ALL our women's teams. The colors must be uniform, however.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    DfM, is right...leave the Lady Techsters alone.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I think the names can be left alone, but the school colors must be uniform.

+ Reply to Thread