+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QB discussion (moved from football)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    "Shrevetown" - Unfortunately, the MLB draft isn't until June, and no one knows if Lane will ever set foot on LSU's campus until the draft's over. Saban has to protect LSU's interests, and Lane has to protect his. Neither side is at fault in doing that.

Not the same as with Booty here. Lane knew the Booty situation going in and so did Saban. They cut a deal up front and lsu is backing out on their end of the deal. Yes, most lsu fans think lsu is just covering their tail by signing a "THUG" from Mobile, but lsu knew there was a better than average chance Lane would never sign with them and now that they have a chance at the "THUG" they are throwing away all signs that they might have had some integrity. Most of us knew that integrity and lsu didn't go together.

Jimbo Fisher is a lying piece of trash.

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown
    Why are you calling Jamarcus Russell a "THUG"??? Is it because he wants to go to LSU? I don't understand. Everything I've read about Jamarcus points to the fact that he's an outstanding quarterback (rated 3rd in the nation and a Parade All American) and outstanding student (over a 3.5 GPA). If that's the definition of a "THUG", I'll take plenty of them on my team!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I guess the verdict is still out on Jamarcus isn't it? You go with the good student (3.5) thing and I'll stay with my THUG theory. We will see who is right in a couple of years or less. I didn't say he wasn't an excellent QB. He could be the best in the country from what I've heard. That doesn't mean squat.

So... why is he a THUG again? Is it because he's black??? Can I add "racist" to "sexist bigot"???

Bulldog Shrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Although I usually don't repond to posts that do nothing but use insulting language and grossly misstate facts, I'll make an exception here.

No "deal was cut" when Lane verballed to LSU. Any "deal" would have required Lane to go on record and state that he was 100% committed to LSU, and would under no circumstances play pro baseball. He wasn't going to do that, and given his potential status as a high first round pick in the MLB draft, no one blames him for it. However, LSU needs 2 QB's that will actually show up for fall camp. Lane knew that when he verballed, and he knows it now.

By all accounts, Jemarcus Russell is a great QB, a solid student, and most importantly, a good kid. The "thug" comments really don't deserve a response, although they most definitely reflect on the character of the person who made them. The same applies to the "Jimbo Fisher is a lying piece of trash" drivel.

Finally, it's rather ironic that the same poster making the asinine "thug" allegations also speaks of "integrity." How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    So... why is he a THUG again? Is it because he's black??? Can I add "racist" to "sexist bigot"???
    Okay there you go again playing a card that hasn't been dealt to you. I had no idea the young man was black (didn't care), but you read into what I said a racist remark. I guess that makes you the racist.

Yeah... go back and reread my post where I defended Russell. Then explain to me why I'm the racist. Again... you've avoided this question about four times now... why is he a THUG?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrevetown
    Although I usually don't repond to posts that do nothing but use insulting language and grossly misstate facts, I'll make an exception here.

No "deal was cut" when Lane verballed to LSU. Any "deal" would have required Lane to go on record and state that he was 100% committed to LSU, and would under no circumstances play pro baseball. He wasn't going to do that, and given his potential status as a high first round pick in the MLB draft, no one blames him for it. However, LSU needs 2 QB's that will actually show up for fall camp. Lane knew that when he verballed, and he knows it now.

By all accounts, Jemarcus Russell is a great QB, a solid student, and most importantly, a good kid. The "thug" comments really don't deserve a response, although they most definitely reflect on the character of the person who made them. The same applies to the "Jimbo Fisher is a lying piece of trash" drivel.

Finally, it's rather ironic that the same poster making the asinine "thug" allegations also speaks of "integrity." How sad.
    If you are insulted by my assessment of lsu and their staff then you should find something else to do. You will find plenty of bad assessments of lsu here. How do you know my facts are grossly misstated? Do you have a personal relationship with anybody involved in this?

Yes there was a "deal cut". Lane was told by lsu that he wouldn't have to compete with two quarterbacks when he committed. lsu does not need two quarterback this year. No school recruites two quarterbacks per year and lsu is no exception.

I never said Russell wasn't a good student and a good QB, but how do you know he is a good kid? Do you know him? Is it because lsu only recruites good kids?

Jimbo Fisher is still a lying piece of trash.

Do you know him? Why is he a thug, if you know him? How can you make a slanderous remark against a kid without any proof?

And how can you say that no school signs two QB's per year? If that were true, no school would have more than 5 QB's on its roster. It that were true, when a QB leaves early then a school would be left with four or fewer QB's. It's not uncommon for a school to sign two QB's in they are in need in that area. For LSU... they have struggled with the QB situation. Mauck and Randall both struggled as starters this year. Rick Claussen didn't pan out, and will never see another snap at LSU. They don't really have a lot of faith in Lester Ricard, as evidenced that they want multiple quarterbacks to come in this year.

And how can you say that no school signs two QB's per year?- B Hoss

Well if they did they could have as many as ten QB's on the roster at one time. I guess that is how I can say it. Do you know any schools that keep ten QB's on scholarship?

Bulldog Shrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    "I never said Russell wasn't a good student and a good QB, but how do you know he is a good kid? Do you know him? Is it because lsu only recruites good kids? "

No, you said he was a "THUG." More than once, actually. Please provide facts supporting your assertion.

Of course, I have my own theory, which is based on the ridiculous, uninformed statements making up the rest of you posts:

LSU is recruiting Russell. Maddawg hates LSU. Therefore, Russell's a thug.

Pathetic.

Shrevetown loves lsu, lsu is recruiting Russell, therefore Russell must be a fine individual.

I won't go into what I've "heard" about Russell. I still say he is a THUG and that Jimbo Fisher is a lying piece of trash. What I have heard about these two has just as much validity as what you have to say about why lsu is suddenly recruiting three QBs.

I do know that Lane is a fine young man and so is his father. I have no reason to doubt what they have said in print about what lsu told them and not following through on.

"I won't go into what I've "heard" about Russell. I still say he is a THUG and that Jimbo Fisher is a lying piece of trash."

In other words, you haven't "heard" anything about Russell's character at all, and you are totally unable to even provide ONE fact to support your allegations.

Whatever.

Do you know of a school that has more than 4 QB's on scholarship? I know of a couple. Next year, Tech will be one of those.

Look... I guess I mispoke when I said "per year." Instead, I should have said "in any given year." LSU isn't recruiting two QB's per year... just this year. I've supported why they need to recruit more than one QB by bringing up the struggles they had at QB lately. They haven't really recruited the position well, until this year.

Look... I like Robert Lane. I saw him do some amazing things on the high school level. Of the five best throws I've ever seen from a high school QB, he own numbers 2 through 5 (the throw Booty made against WM at Indy two years ago to Tristan Ross was UNBELIEVABLE).

But why all of a sudden is Lane the victim in all of this and everything is blamed on the school? Recruits are allowed to change their minds at the drop of a hat, decommit and go anywhere else they want to go. Also, we were extremely happy when LSU rescinded its offer to Josh Muse, so he decided to come play for us. How is this any different?

The fact of the matter is that recruiting is a business. LSU offered Lane the opportunity to play both football and baseball there. All he had to do to get out of this position was tell them he wouldn't turn pro. He didn't want to do that. He wanted to keep all his options open. Why couldn't LSU keep its options open. They are just trying to protect their necks. Like I said... it's a business, and LSU is treating it as such.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    But why all of a sudden is Lane the victim in all of this and everything is blamed on the school? Recruits are allowed to change their minds at the drop of a hat, decommit and go anywhere else they want to go. Also, we were extremely happy when LSU rescinded its offer to Josh Muse, so he decided to come play for us. How is this any different?

The fact of the matter is that recruiting is a business. LSU offered Lane the opportunity to play both football and baseball there. All he had to do to get out of this position was tell them he wouldn't turn pro. He didn't want to do that. He wanted to keep all his options open. Why couldn't LSU keep its options open. They are just trying to protect their necks. Like I said... it's a business, and LSU is treating it as such.
    Because LSU told him that they were only going to offer him and one other qb. They LIED to him. They didn't tell Josh Muse they wouldn't go after other players at his position. LSU went into the deal knowing that Lane would MOST PROBABLY go the pro baseball route. Even knowing this, they told him they were only going to go with one other qb in addition to him. Lane has always maintained his affinity for LSU and his desire to play for LSU. He is not trying to sabotage their recruiting. He has been forthright with them. Once again, LSU knew from the beginning that there is a great chance that Lane wouldn't be playing for them. As such, they should've have explained to Lane that they were going to try to sign 2 qbs in addition to him. If Lane was as big an LSU fan as he portrayed, I'm sure he might have been sold on the idea. But, he was deceived.

+ Reply to Thread