+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello there!

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar
    B-man,

I am not one for giving up this topic--I am with you 200%. However, there are those out there that we will never reach. Tiger fans will never listen to anything or anyone but themselves.

Earning it on our own (as we always have had to do) will be much sweeter and will be more appreciated. It may happen this year, or it may take 5-10 years, but we will never give up our loyalty and our support to the 'Dawgs and Tech. We will be a major force to be reckoned with very soon and on a consistent basis. Patience, support, gifts, and service are the keys to our future.

I say let the Tigers worry about the Tigers, and let's worry about our own.

Remember "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS."

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Quote Originally Posted by Northshore Dawg
    B-man,

I am not one for giving up this topic--I am with you 200%. However, there are those out there that we will never reach. Tiger fans will never listen to anything or anyone but themselves.

Earning it on our own (as we always have had to do) will be much sweeter and will be more appreciated. It may happen this year, or it may take 5-10 years, but we will never give up our loyalty and our support to the 'Dawgs and Tech. We will be a major force to be reckoned with very soon and on a consistent basis. Patience, support, gifts, and service are the keys to our future.

I say let the Tigers worry about the Tigers, and let's worry about our own.

Remember "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS."
    You are probably right, Tiger fans will never listen to anything or anyone but themselves. Just like tech fans or any fans for that matter. You are sitting here telling me that tech will be a force very soon. I mean you got hammered by a non ranked Fresno team in your last game. tech lost to a winless rice team. I'm not comparing tech to LSU or any other program, I am simply stating that the fact that you said tech will be a force soon removes any respectability that you or your post may have ever possessed. Why can't you just say, damn, we aren't very good right now, and no changes have been made so why would I think that we will be a force very soon? Don't just preach it, give me some realistic reasoning behind this. Again, this has nothing to do with LSU, I personally want to know what makes you think that tech will be a force.

Please no posts about how tech does more with their budget and all of that crap. If you want respect, put some fans in the seats and win one of your nationally televised games, just win one of them for God's sake. Until then, tech will be thought of as they are and no more, face it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    The Tech football program has made strides since 1995. Before that, we were small time. Now, we're in amongst the middle of the pack.

Before I go on, let me back up. Tech re-entered DI in 1988 and by 1990 was in a bowl game. But, that is a testament to what that group of players and coaches accomplished. They were a great group of players and especially coaches! that realized their fullest potential. The program itself, was still small time.

The Big West experiment, while a failure in itself, established the notion that Tech needed to find a respectable, viable conference. From the ashes of that, rose the hunt for a good league. Tech would not settle for just any ole conference...and thus we said "no thanks" to the Belt.

The entry into the WAC, while far from perfect, is a positive step. Tech took a tiny step up and separated itself from the other small time programs. In 2001 we saw the benefit of belonging to a decent conference, a bowl trip. But, with the benefits comes enormous pressures to compete week after week against teams not named ULX, NSU, North Central Blah Blah State U., etc...

So while others (our detractors) scoff, those of us that really understand, know that our problems are self-inflicted. For the first time in recent memory, and perhaps in the history of the program, Tech football's success rests with those IN RUSTON.

Some of our flamers understand this too and that's why they are so nervous.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar
    Alas, Dawg80 understands. But as usual, MonreauxTiger, you simply don't understand. My point about us becoming a major force is that, like Dawg80 stated, we are still in the growing stages of our program--there's your realistic reasoning. I don't think that has damn thing to do with respectability. Again, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!

You obviously don't have anything better to do with yourself than to rabblerouse or to stir up problems. So, as I have said before, please try to contribute something worthwhile instead of a bunch of b.s.

Again, let's all worry about our own problems. I know that both LSU and the 'Dawgs have plenty of their own.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    Sorry about the car comment, I should have rephrased it for some of you "high society" Ruston folks. What I meant to say was that I have an LSU license plate and a small LSU sticker on my back window. I guess I exaggerated that a little, oh well. Anyway I'm sure you will be having your tea party soon so I won't keep you any longer, ta-ta.
    I can't say that I attend many parties where tea is the beverage of choice. But anyway.....

When you put it like that I agree that is an acceptable level of LSU stuff on your car. I was picturing a purple and gold paint job with 17 assorted bumper stickers and a stuffed tiger tail hanging off the rear bumper, with maybe a nice tiger-striped upholstery job on the inside, and perhaps an inflatable Nick Saban doll to put in the passenger seat. Nothing wrong with a liscense plate frame and small sticker. Well, nothing except they say "LSU Tigers" and not "Louisiana Tech Bulldogs"!

Puppy dhisaw is an unknown
    i too grew up in tiger stadium and was a loyal tiger fan -- (notice the past tense) i am so very glad that is in my past -- next year may not be tech's year but at least we now have the opportunity -- that is all that i have wanted -- just the opportunity -- it makes much more sense to keep the money in state rather than bringing in teams such as "miami of ohio!!!!!"

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    I believe that if Tech had $2,000,000 (like LSU) to go hire a new coaching staff, next year's team has enough talent to be a Top 25 team.

You are fooling yourself if you don't think Tech has any chance of going into Tiger Stadium and beating LSU. I admit it is a very small chance, but I would not be stunned at all. If they are clicking on November 1, you will be singing a different tune on this board on November 2. However, if they play scatter-brained an unorganized (like most of last year) you will not be very impressed and will get the blow-out you are expecting.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar
    Does anyone remember the late 80's and early 90's when all the tiggers were driving around with "LSU BASEBALL" plates on their cars? There were about 15 Louisiana Sewer Unit fans in the state but 500,000 Louisiana Sewer Unit baseball fans. What they were effectively stating was "they weren't Louisiana Sewer Unit fans, only Louisiana Sewer Unit baseball fans." That is the typical tigger fan.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    I had a co'worker send a deal to me the other day where there was a poll where the fans ranked Tiger Stadium the greatest place on earth. Or something like that. I told him that there is a simple explanation for that. Fact is, there are more lsu fans, than any other school that exist, sitting at home all day with nothing better to do than cruse the internet looking for a meaningless poll while waiting on 6 o'clock so they can go earn their $5.25 an hour on the McDonald's night shift. These are the people that vote in these poll's and they are the most hardcore lsu fans.

Puppy lawdawg is an unknown
    I attended Tech, then LSU. I STILL bleed (reflex) blue!!!! and always will! Why? Because of one word that jumps out from prior posts. ARROGANCE. That's what's seperates a Tech Fan from an lsu fan. Go west across the border and go back 50 years in time. You had two schools in a rivalry, UofTexas and TAMC. Now, there was a lot of ARROGANCE on the part of ut, with their Aggie jokes! The folks down on the Brazos bided their time and plugged steadily away on their program. Now TAMU is one of the preemminent universities in the nation. What did all that ARROGANCE gain? The greatest Aggie Joke of all, as TAMU outstripped UT 8:1 in academic grants last year. The point of that diatribe is: Just keep on keepin' on, lsu and Tech will deliver the "Aggie" joke of this state! Thank God that yellow ARROGANCE didn't stick to me!

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Arrogance can often be in the eye of the beholder. You may see LSU fans as arrogant. I agree many of them are (I try not to be, for fear that one day it might be thrown back in my face. Humble in victory, gracious in defeat is what I think we all should be) I have many family and friends at ULM and Northwestern St. who consider Tech and Tech fans incredibly arrogant. Are they right? I don't know. Tech fans seem to think they've earned their stripes in that regard by owning the winning margin over those schools in football. And from 1983-87, when ULM (then NLU) beat Tech five straight years, Tech fans may have seen NLU fans as overly arrogant. It's all subjective. Me, I try not to get too caught up in that, because anybody can beat anybody sooner or later. I'll give credit where credit is due. Tech's a great school that has accomplished a lot. Just like my school, LSU. I think LSU is better, but that's just me. And I won't yell and scream about it all that much either, it's just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread