+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the Techsters hold that special place...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I am loving these ideas for a "Heritage Game" in Memorial! It would also be a great opportunity to bring back some of those old-time opponents: Delta St, Cheney St, etc.

I hope Oakes & Budke would consider looking into this.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    What a great thread. I'd love to see Memorial Gym again. I remember going to see the Techsters play when 300 or so fans was a good crowd. I will never forget the Tech - Old Dominion game at Memorial Gym back in the early 80's. We drummed em by about 30. After the game I walked across the court and passed right by Ann Donovan, who at 6'-8", is still the tallest woman I've ever seen. There are so many great memories of that place I've got not only from Techster games buy also Bulldog games and concerts. Would be a blast to go to game there again.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    I love this thread too because you guys are talking about "The New Million Dollar Gym" which was very impressive back in the early 60's. I watched Leon himself play there and got to see Brenda Lee in concert there. I would love to see one game a year in the gym because that would truly be a trip down memory lane for some of the older alum. Great idea

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    So, how do we get this idea started up. If it happens, we need to really market it. Anyone over 35 or so should remember a game there if they were in Ruston. I bet we could pack the place.

The Bulldog and Techster Classic

We could probably get ESPN interested in airing the Techster game for sure, especially if we got ODU there for the reunion.

Wouldn't it be nice to sell it out and see people lined up outside that couldn't get tickets in? Maybe we could play this right and get more students attention.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    Techster vs ODU in a throwback game in Memorial on ESPN. Talk about SRO!

Now you are talking.

Tech's administrators need to make this happen. I think it would be great press for the university and great fun for the alums and it would give the currect players a look back at the history that they now represent.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I agree FIM. That would be great. Make a point of inviting all former Techsters and coaches and honor them in a halftime ceremony. You wouldn't have an empty seat in the house. People would probably camp out to get a ticket. ESPN would probably jump all over it.

+ Reply to Thread