+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exodus

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Exodus

Six players in the portal. 😳

Probably time to can the Stoehrs or the message is on the wall.

Get off the TechTanic!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Exodus

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Six players in the portal. 

Get off the TechTanic!
    While we don't have the best coaches I wonder what the actual marginal return on a better one is re: keeping players. Unless you have one of the "big" programs (ie, subsidized by actually popular sports) then I'm not sure a "better" coach would help keep them.

Of course, since it's probably mostly the same, we ought to get a cheaper coach.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

A better coach would mean a better product on the floor, which would mean 3-4 more wins (better play+game management) and then 3 in the portal instead of 6. Instead, you are bad on the floor and still lose 6 in the portal.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    A better coach would mean a better product on the floor, which would mean 3-4 more wins (better play+game management) and then 3 in the portal instead of 6. Instead, you are bad on the floor and still lose 6 in the portal.
    How much, exactly, is that worth? That's the question we have to ask. We can't just dump money into this program for that outcome, and a truly good outcome (deep tourney run) is pretty much completely out of reach

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Don't throw good money after bad -

Let the contract play-out

He hasn't been the co-head coach in two years

Next coach go DII or DIII and pay them as little as possible
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Six players in the portal. 

Get off the TechTanic!
    Pawdawg must be devastated.

I found Angoi, Brannon, Bukvic, Nativi, Guillory listed. 2-3 starters in 24-25.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Don't throw good money after bad -

Let the contract play-out

He hasn't been the co-head coach in two years

Next coach go DII or DIII and pay them as little as possible
    I am not throwing money out. I would fire her, and the difference between what her current salary is, and the payoff of the last year would be absorbed into the total contract of the next coach. I am all for finding a good D II or III coach paying them more than they make currently but less than Brooke, and making that contract come out to a wash for moving on. This isn't a job even a good D1 assistant is going to leave their current job for anymore, much less a head coach. I am definitely against paying or overpaying for a name because of our legacy.

I have never cared if he had a co-head coach title etc. That is the dumbest stuff ever, it falls on the head coach period. Coaches get fired for listening to bad advice and not taking good advice. I don't think he helped her, but its her job, and its on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    How much, exactly, is that worth? That's the question we have to ask. We can't just dump money into this program for that outcome, and a truly good outcome (deep tourney run) is pretty much completely out of reach
    Deep tourney run They have to make the tourney, before they can run anywhere. See my response to Dwayne, I am not talking about dumping money into this program. In fact, I am on record many times over the years saying the only program we should have dumped money into was MBB. Its the only sport that a school our size could have ever gained a consistent ROI. Not that we are on the same scale money wise etc. but the Duke or Gonzaga model.. the money reaped for the continual flow of NCAA tournament shares over multiple consecutive years, even if you missed a year would have been more money taken in than on any other sport.

We let that train go off the bridge and into the ravine 30 years ago.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I am not throwing money out. I would fire her, and the difference between what her current salary is, and the payoff of the last year would be absorbed into the total contract of the next coach. I am all for finding a good D II or III coach paying them more than they make currently but less than Brooke, and making that contract come out to a wash for moving on. This isn't a job even a good D1 assistant is going to leave their current job for anymore, much less a head coach. I am definitely against paying or overpaying for a name because of our legacy.

I have never cared if he had a co-head coach title etc. That is the dumbest stuff ever, it falls on the head coach period. Coaches get fired for listening to bad advice and not taking good advice. I don't think he helped her, but its her job, and its on her.
    Heck, go get a solid JUCO coach.

It worked wonders for ULM in one year.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Not that I think anything is going to happen but if and when we are looking for a new coach we should start about 2 hrs down I-20 in Jackson Miss. Tamekia Reed should be the very first call.
    Again I really hope our current staff can right the ship but in the event they should go a different direction I would be making the call to Coach Reed

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Not that I think anything is going to happen but if and when we are looking for a new coach we should start about 2 hrs down I-20 in Jackson Miss. Tamekia Reed should be the very first call.
    Again I really hope our current staff can right the ship but in the event they should go a different direction I would be making the call to Coach Reed
    She has guided JSU to four consecutive berths in the SWAC Tournament semifinals (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022), three straight berths in the conference tournament finals (2019, 2021, 2022 after 2020 tournament canceled), four straight SWAC regular season titles (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023), and two straight SWAC tournament ...

Reed or a JUCO coach would be fine as well. The thing is the money needs to be right for TECH and the program at this point. Paying for success if they improve, I get, overpaying for average to bad.. not anymore. With sustained success over a 20-30 period in the old landscape of college athletics TECH could gotten to a place where we were able to keep some good coaches.

We blew almost every chance at creating that sustained momentum since the 90's (somethings we couldn't control obviously, but the ones we could we TECH'ed them up). So, I am happy with hiring cheaper and if they succeed, they will be hired away. Thats our lot now, but I will happily let them go if we are better than when they came in.

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    shes had 8 years to right the ship.

it ain’t happening in one year.

Pull the plug.

Deep tourney run They have to make the tourney, before they can run anywhere. See my response to Dwayne, I am not talking about dumping money into this program. In fact, I am on record many times over the years saying the only program we should have dumped money into was MBB. Its the only sport that a school our size could have ever gained a consistent ROI. Not that we are on the same scale money wise etc. but the Duke or Gonzaga model.. the money reaped for the continual flow of NCAA tournament shares over multiple consecutive years, even if you missed a year would have been more money taken in than on any other sport.

We let that train go off the bridge and into the ravine 30 years ago.
    Yes

+ Reply to Thread