+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You Can Take This Job AND Shove It

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    For all those whoever had a job they couldn't stand, you lost your anthem singer today. Johnny PayCheck died today. He was 63.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    It's a sad day for country music fans and felons alike.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    It's a sad day for country music fans and felons alike.
    ROFLMBO!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Paycheck and Waylon within 12 months of each other -

The OUTLAWS indeed are now even shorter in number -

However, JP couldn't carry DAVID ALLEN COE's guetar - let alone handle him in fight...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    The Man in Black is still going strong - though he barely escaped death two or three times.

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine.
    I keep my eyes wide open all the time...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    One of the TOP TEN albums of all time is -

JC's live album "at Folsom Prison" -

Two best songs one it are "Cocaine Blues" and "John Henry" -

His duet with June Carter "Jackson" is right up there also -

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    There you go.

Wasn't "A Boy Named Sue" on there too?

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Silversteen's "Boy Named Sue" was on the other one -- the San Quentin album.

Folsom Prison is probably one of the top10 of all time. But, I'd also include "Johnny Cash and his hot and blue guitar" -- you the original record with Cry, Cry, Cry, I Walk the Line, Hey Porter, Rock Island Line, Folsom Prison Blues. Mercy...Cash rules.

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down; livin' in the hopeless hungry side of town. I wear it for the prisoner who's long paid for his crime, but is there because he's a victim of the time. I wear the black for those who've never read, or listened to the words that Jesus said about the road to happiness through love and charity; why, you'd think he's talking straight to you and me.

But if God gave me the choice right now of who I wanted to sound like when I sang -

I would pick Waylon in a heartbeat -

Waylon had the voice until he died - JC's has wavered some - Merle's literally has changed altogether - but Waylon's was strong until he died -

A true underrated - singer/song wrtier of that era was Bobby Bare -

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Okay, you can have Waylon's voice, I'll take Don Williams'. Smmmooothest voice in country music.

Right on about Waylon. It hurts me to listen to some of JC's new stuff (but, he's still JC...) and Merle, yeah, I think the 80's did him in a little...

You know, even with the acclaim that Waylon gets, I think he's still underrated -- he's a giant in my book.

Bare is a cool cat -- his son's band (Bare Jr.) is a pretty darn good rock and roll band, for what it's worth.

Anyway, about Bare, a couple years back, he and Waylon, and Mel Tillis and Jerry Reed did a record under the name "Old Dawgs" -- and, every song on the record was written by Shel Silverstein. Maybe not a great, great album, but still pretty damn cool because each of those guys is a genious in his own right (and Shel and Waylon have passed since...).

I'm a sucker for crusty old country music.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I'm with you on Don Williams and the old "crusty" sound. I just mentioned him in a conversation the other day and said that I didn't know where he was now. I was told that he is still big out of the country. The reason I don't listen to country now is that all the male singers sound alike. When George Straight and Clint Black started fading away things went to pot. I am excited about Dirtydawg's Sis coming on the scene though.

+ Reply to Thread