+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sic 'em Aubrey

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    I'll maintain that there are fewer abusers than not.

What exactly is wealth abuse by the way, comrad?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    The way the welfare system is structured, it does encourage someone receiving assitance to be lazy. There is no incentive to better one's situation by working. The checks keep coming anyway.

I have a problem with the SYSTEM because it encourages people to sit on their porches all day and CHOOSE not to work because they can receive government assistance in lieu of working.
    When you consider that the jobs these folks would only be qualified for wouldn't pay them more than welfare, it really isn't a hard choice. Considering many come from generations of pride destruction, it's hard to develop pride in a work ethic.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Good post Dirty.

What exactly is wealth abuse by the way
    I'd say the most timely example would be corporate malfeasance. But we could go all the way back to the days of the robber barons, slavery, and feudalism for more examples. You get the idea. And dont have to limit our understanding to illegal activity nor the ancient past either. America has millions of "idle rich" that fall into this category.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm not a robber baron, a feudalist, a slave owner and have not been convicted (nor indicted) for malfeasance.

Can I have my money back now? I promise to give the street beggars $1 every time I'm harassed by them.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I'm not a robber baron, a feudalist, a slave owner and have not been convicted (nor indicted) for malfeasance.
    Have you ever collected a dividend? Owned stock in a company? Allowed the fruits of someone else's labor to line your pockets simply because you managed to get ahead first?

I promise to give the street beggars $1
    Good for you! Just keep up with those deductions, and you shouldnt have to make any further payments into the social programs that concern you.

OK. I'm an evil person. Just don't forget it!

:twisted:

Alrighty then! I KNEW IT! Capitalist pig! oink oink oink

Thanks for the stimulating discussion Clyde.

Can we agree that we love our DAWGS?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Clyde, I doubt that Jesus ever heard of birth control as we know it. Or the rhythm method. I never noticed a mention of such stuff in his teachings. However, most of what is taught by most religious leaders goes far beyond things mentioned by Jesus. Papal rulings are like Supreme Court rulings. And we sure don't always agree with the justices' opinions. What would the framers say? What would Jesus say. We'll never know.

Jesus' teachings appear to be far ahead of those of the religious leaders of his time; and, if he came back today, I think his teachings would again reach far ahead of the rest.

Thanks, guys, for engaging in a stimulating discussion. I was reading this thread, stopped to edit a story, and went back to reading and forgot to hook up to hear the Techster game!
    It's now 7:36 p.m.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    When you consider that the jobs these folks would only be qualified for wouldn't pay them more than welfare, it really isn't a hard choice. Considering many come from generations of pride destruction, it's hard to develop pride in a work ethic.
    And, there is the problem... the government system has created generations of people with no pride, work ethic or motivation to aquire them. I don't blame the people as much as I do the SYSTEM. But, there comes a point where you have to take responsibility for yourself and your own actions.

Educational Pell grants for the poor and minorities are pretty easy to get.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Jesus' teachings appear to be far ahead of those of the religious leaders of his time; and, if he came back today, I think his teachings would again reach far ahead of the rest. - Aubrey

HIS teachings were far ahead of the religious leaders because HE was the one who wrote the WORD. HE is also the one who said "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." - Gen. 1:28

I have never been able to find where He changed his mind on this.

In spite of our disagreements on how to fix our welfare problems we still live in the greatest country in the world. It's just that me, Clyde, and a many others (right thinkers) have different ideas on how to arrive at the solution to those problems than Aubrey, Dirty, and that pinko Champ. It just so happens that we are right and they are wrong.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Jesus' teachings appear to be far ahead of those of the religious leaders of his time; and, if he came back today, I think his teachings would again reach far ahead of the rest. - Aubrey

HIS teachings were far ahead of the religious leaders because HE was the one who wrote the WORD. HE is also the one who said "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." - Gen. 1:28

I have never been able to find where He changed his mind on this.

In spite of our disagreements on how to fix our welfare problems we still live in the greatest country in the world. It's just that me, Clyde, and a many others (right thinkers) have different ideas on how to arrive at the solution to those problems than Aubrey, Dirty, and that pinko Champ.
    That's not necesarrily true, maddawg. No one on in this thread has yet said how we should solve these problems. We (the pinko leftists) haven't denied that there is a problem. Only that you (the hateful rightwingers) simplify the problem.

If it were as easy as simply saying, "these people are lazy", then I think most would agree that we should just cut off their assistance. It isn't that easy, however. In some cases, yeah. But in most, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    And, there is the problem... the government system has created generations of people with no pride
    How can you be sure that it wasnt the economic system that created those generations?

And how can you be sure it wasnt the institutions of democracy that fostered their only opportunities?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    That's not necesarrily true, maddawg. No one on in this thread has yet said how we should solve these problems. We (the pinko leftists) haven't denied that there is a problem. Only that you (the hateful rightwingers) simplify the problem.

If it were as easy as simply saying, "these people are lazy", then I think most would agree that we should just cut off their assistance. It isn't that easy, however. In some cases, yeah. But in most, it's not.
    - Dirtydawg

I am not simplifying the problem. The welfare state that we experience has developed over my lifetime. I have seen things get worse. Not better. I think you will agree with me on that point. I realize that this thing that LBJ gave us (new society) can't be changed overnight. I really and truly believe that the majority of welfare recipiants would rather not be on welfare. I believe that conservatives have some excellent plans for changing the system and genuinly helping them, but the left will NEVER go along because they know that it will dilute their voting base.

I agree MD.

The liberal politicians want people to depend on the government. That way, the voting blocks are easily greased. Plus, it keeps people like Jesse Jackson working.

What the hell is he doing boycotting Augusta National? Go to the projects and help out in the soup kitchen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    The liberal politicians want people to depend on the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men
    We all depend on government regardless of what any politicians want. :2thumbs:

Jesse Jackson is a putz. He still doesnt get it. unce:

+ Reply to Thread