+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Place to live

Puppy dawgs4life is an unknown
    Does anyone know of a good place to live close to campus and affordable? please let me know of any house, apartment, condo, etc.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    My wife lived in Twin Oaks on Mississippi Ave across from the Lincoln Parish Library when she was in graduate school. They are one-bedroom, decent, and clean apartments. It was a very short walk to campus.

However, there is a lot of newer construction in that area, but those would also be more expensive.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I stayed at Charleston Square Apts. at Barnett and Maple and those were alright. Lots of students.

But I really enjoyed my stay at West Country Creek, just beyond the intersection of California and Maple. Maybe I just have nice (albeit, fuzzy) memories of that place, but I do think they may be one of the nicest apt communities for students in town. (They are owned by a professor, I think. And the chick from Hydrovibe used to cut the grass.) They were a little bit farther from campus, but still walkable in a pinch.

I should also mention Steeple's Glen, because a friend of mine is the manager. I understand they are the cadillac of student housing in Ruston.

Of course, the BEST hook-up is when you can land a house to stay in, and a bunch of friends to split rent with you. I remember a bunch of band guys had an awesome house at Alabama and Everet. Their rent was dirt cheap, and the house was better than any funky ol apartment.

+ Reply to Thread