+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kennel/Dawgpound trip to Tulsa

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Again this year we are taking a group of students to Tulsa to support the Dawgs AND Techsters in the WAC tourney.

As of right now we are taking a group of 13. We are planning to go from the first games on Thursday until either both Tech teams lose or the tournament is over.

This is a very expensive trip for all of us @ about $200 a person right now once you factor in tickets, food, gas, and the price of two hotel rooms for a couple nights. If you would like to help sponsor our trip (as many of you did so graciously last year) please email me at cho003@latech.edu or PM me.

If you don't want to just make a donation we will come wash your car or walk your dog, etc. etc.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Didn't the kennel (member of the kennel) win a free expenses paid trip for two to the WAC tourney which included hotel room?

Varsity Bulldog TUfan is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    This is a very expensive trip for all of us @ about $200 a person
    If that's expensive, I am glad that you haven't seen my travel costs for this season. Only places I went for under $100 were Arkasas, SMS, SMU and...nope...that's it. Last season, NCAAs alone was over $200 for airfare. (BTW--I'm just messin' with you. Hope you caught that.)

However, can I recommend hotwire.com? Let me know when you are ready for directions to the hot spots i recommended. If you let me know in the next week, I can probably print a map and mark the spot where they are located.

Puppy kennel4tech is an unknown
    Yes one of the members of the kennel did win the trip to Tulsa. He is bringing one person and that still leaves 13 that is a total of 15 members of the kennel and dawgpound going to Tulsa.. The winners are going up tuesday they are now driving because the wac was not going to pay for them to get around tulsa.So they are just getting the room and tickerts. So that still leaves 13 of us left so whatever anyone could contribute would be fantastic.
    Geaux Dawgs and Techsters

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kennel4tech
    Yes one of the members of the kennel did win the trip to Tulsa. He is bringing one person and that still leaves 13 that is a total of 15 members of the kennel and dawgpound going to Tulsa.. The winners are going up tuesday they are now driving because the wac was not going to pay for them to get around tulsa.So they are just getting the room and tickerts. So that still leaves 13 of us left so whatever anyone could contribute would be fantastic.
    Geaux Dawgs and Techsters
    What happened to everybody piling up in a room? Have you all checked with your parents to see if they might throw some money your way?

Puppy dawgs4life is an unknown
    what if other students want to go to Tulsa? are you only trying to raise money for 15 people? it is going to be expensive for any student to go... :thumbsdo:

Geez, dirty I didnt think you would take it personally. Nobody said you had to donate any money. And the only reason we are raising mony for 15 students because we are the only 15 students that want to go. Have you been to any games we are the only loyal student fans there. So if you dont want to donate fine, nobody put a gun to your head. Everybody seemed more than willing to help last year and now people are making it seem like a big deal to help out. If you want to we would appreciate if not just keep it to yourself and quit trying to bring us down.

Oh yeah some of our parents arent really well off and we have to do stuff on our own. Such as rent,gas,insurance,books, so yes some of us need a little help.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    I applaud the fact that you guys (and gals) are such loyal supporters. I wish we had another 1,500 students just like you.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear our basketball team is as interested as you guys are. Our play has been embarrassing so I wouldn't plan on a very long stay in Tulsa, unless something drastic changes.

I do take it personally. See, when something is a year away that I know I'm going to want to do, I save. I decide what it is I want more. That extra double cheeseburger or, the 2 dollars it takes to buy it. That's something my father taught me and I'm teaching my son now. Maybe you should join the political thread "Sic 'em Aubrey". Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you all attend the games, but it's something you should do-not something you should be rewarded for by having your way paid to the tournament.

As far as everybody willing to help out last year, most people don't mind giving to help someone out if it's a one time thing. But when it becomes a habit and is something that can be remedied by the other party saving money to accomplish his task, it becomes a burden and an annoyance. Now, I'm mostly speaking for me. I'm sure many of these folks on here don't mind giving their money year in and year out for something that could be avoided by thrift habits and minimal planning.

To be honest, I'd like to be able to make every home baseball, basketball, and football game from here on out, but that would mean I would have to move back to Ruston and take about a $40 thousand a year cut in pay. I wonder if I can raise that on the board to help me and my family make that commitment?

Let me ask you this, though. If no one gave you all any money to go to the tournament, how close would you all be to your target goal of attending? In other words, would only 3 of you have the money needed to attend, or are you all pooling it together and short by, say $100. Or are you planning on seeing what you get here in order to have an idea of how much of your money you need? Give us an idea where you stand.

If the folks on the board here want to fund all of you guys' road trips then maybe the moderators could set up a fund that could be donated to year round. Then if there are a group of students wishing to attend some events, they could petition the board for some of these funds. That way we could avoid all this disagreement. I'm sure the admins. have many ideas for this board, but I think this would be a good one.

BLA,BLA, cry me a river dirty. I'm glad you are such a stand up guy. Yes we will be able to go to Tulsa with the money we have pooled together but every little bit would help. It's people like you that kill the students enthusuiasm. We never asked you for money so get off our case.

Quote Originally Posted by kennel4tech
    BLA,BLA, cry me a river dirty. I'm glad you are such a stand up guy. Yes we will be able to go to Tulsa with the money we have pooled together but every little bit would help. It's people like you that kill the students enthusuiasm. We never asked you for money so get off our case.

From an earlier post:

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:36 am Post subject: Kennel/Dawgpound trip to Tulsa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Again this year we are taking a group of students to Tulsa to support the Dawgs AND Techsters in the WAC tourney.

As of right now we are taking a group of 13. We are planning to go from the first games on Thursday until either both Tech teams lose or the tournament is over.

This is a very expensive trip for all of us @ about $200 a person right now once you factor in tickets, food, gas, and the price of two hotel rooms for a couple nights. If you would like to help sponsor our trip (as many of you did so graciously last year) please email me at cho003@latech.edu or PM me.
    Looks like a solicitation to me.

Sooooo, it's people like me that kill student enthusiasm? It's a shame that we have to give you money to attend games in order for you to be enthusiastic about supporting your school. Let me ask you this. Does your enthusiasm increase with the more money we give you?

I tell you, though. For someone who would like for somebody to give them money, you sure do have a good attitude about it. No wonder your parents don't want to give you the money. It seems to me, that if you had paid attention to my last post, you could have made a more presentable case to get others to give you money. In other words, if you had said, that we've calculated it and it's going to be "x" amount of dollars for the time we are there, and we have "y" amount of dollars saved up. I really think you would get more favorable responses considering I know several who wouldn't mind donating except that they feel you guys should assume most of the cost and not just supplement what you get here with what you need. In other words, it should be more of a sacrifice for you to attend than it would be for us to send you.

Maybe you should read my post nobody has asked you for money. There is no solitaciation. I paid my own money to go to Texas A&M, Rice in football and the kennel had one donation last year for the wac tournament, and he knows who he is and we thank him. We are just asking if anyone like to help if not than fine. You are making this a bigger deal than it is. One more thing dont ever challenge my loyalty to this university because I do a heck of alot to promote the university and teams and I do it for free. I dont have to get paid to go to games like you suggested. And if my parents had money to give me than I'm sure they would but you do bring my family into it and I wont bring your kid into it.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Dirty,

I see you points but let me say this. This is the last year for at least the next two that Tech students will be able to go to the WAC tourney since it will move to Fresno and Nevada in 04/05. Since almost all of the students going are upper classmen this is our last chance to go as students before we graduate. So this is not going to be a yearly occurance.

We're going to Tulsa with or without any donations. We tried to come up with ideas to raise the money without just asking for donations. We seriously considered having a car wash the weekend of the bracket busters/ nebraska series to raise money. But the weather did not agree so that idea was scratched. How many on this board wouldn't have blinked about pulling through and donating that way?

The fact that the tournament falls on the week that class starts and that means most of us are spending another $200+ on books and fees that week. So if anyone wants to help us out by giving $5 or $10 that can go towards gas that is all we are asking. We are NOT asking for someone to pay for our entire trip. The ones who went last year have been planning since then. I set aside part of my student loan as Tulsa money. That is the only way I could pay for it. I literally am broke after paying bills every month.

To clarify about the trip last year. We still all paid around $100 after all the donations and the fact that we won $500 on Richards' show. So the trip wasn't free and again even if the guys lose in the first round - we will stay until the Techsters are done.

Puppy robs_kennel is an unknown
    Dirty

Well as a member of the kennel I take what your doing very personal. First of all this is the last year we will be able to go. Some of us are graduating and besides next year its in california and then Nevada, so how would we ever make it there. Its people like you dirty that put a bad name to our school. Get a life loser.
    oh and one more thing don't ever, and i mean ever question our loyalty. We do more behind the scenes things then you could ever dream about. So don't question that! Do you get the point yet Dirty!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    DD,

Take it easy on the kids. They're just a bunch of liberal looking for a handout.

+ Reply to Thread