+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kennel/Dawgpound trip to Tulsa

Varsity Bulldog TUfan is an unknown
    Wow. Getting on a college student about not saving enough money to take a trip to a basketball tournament. Quite obviosly the students know something about financial responsibility as they are in college. It takes a whole heck of a lot of work to go to college these days and pay for it, as I am sure every one here knows. Give the kids a break. Heck-- I'm guessing that most students going spent thier savings and hard earned money on things like rent and books. A little help sent their way only makes it a little easier on them...maybe prevents them from having to eat 50 cent hamburgers at McDonalds...or a little help with the gas money due to the inflated gas prices in the area right now.

It's no longer a wonder to me why there is so little support for the men's bball program at Tech. Jeez...cut the "kids" some slack.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Ok ... let's all just simma' dahn nah!

It's one thing to discuss the merits and methods of helping students get to a game. But it's something else to get all personal.

Kennel-folk -- Dirty is not as old and disconnected from college life as you may have imagined. He remembers well being a student and the financial situation that entails.

Dirty -- they're just students for petessake. It dont hurt nuthin to let em beg.

Nobody's loyalty is being called into question. We all support our Dawgs as best we can.

Can we let this one drop? There's really nothing to be gained from this bickering.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robs_kennel
    Dirty

Well as a member of the kennel I take what your doing very personal. First of all this is the last year we will be able to go. Some of us are graduating and besides next year its in california and then Nevada, so how would we ever make it there. Its people like you dirty that put a bad name to our school. Get a life loser.
    oh and one more thing don't ever, and i mean ever question our loyalty. We do more behind the scenes things then you could ever dream about. So don't question that! Do you get the point yet Dirty!
    Let me tell you something, you little punk. I've got a life. I can afford to go to the tourney if I want to. You're the one on here begging for a handout. So maybe you should get a life. As far as questioning your loyalty, all I questioned was whether it took money to get you motivated for your team since I've been told that it's people like me that messes up students' enthusiasm, and all I did was recommend you guys come up with a better way for trying to get the money than simply ask. As I said, there are people who wouldn't mind giving you guys the money, but WE have other things to do with our money as well, so WE feel you guys should pay the lion's share of the bill. In other words, if it takes $3,000 for you guys to go, a majority of that $3,000 dollars should come from you guys--not from us.

As far as me giving our school a bad name--how's that? Is it because I expect our students not to be beggars and cry for a pull off of someone else's teat? I've never talked much about the sacrifices I make to attend games, but if you must know, I'd be willing to say that if more people gave half the effort I make to attend games, then Tech wouldn't have attendance problems. Come back and talk to me in 10 years when you live 4 hours away and have a family to juggle and bills to pay and you discover how much easier you had it in college to attend games.

But I'll tell you what little boy, since you seem to be in a threatening mood, I'll be up in a couple of weeks. If you like I can arrange it so that you can try to make me see the point a little clearer.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUfan
    Wow. Getting on a college student about not saving enough money to take a trip to a basketball tournament. Quite obviosly the students know something about financial responsibility as they are in college. It takes a whole heck of a lot of work to go to college these days and pay for it, as I am sure every one here knows. Give the kids a break. Heck-- I'm guessing that most students going spent thier savings and hard earned money on things like rent and books. A little help sent their way only makes it a little easier on them...maybe prevents them from having to eat 50 cent hamburgers at McDonalds...or a little help with the gas money due to the inflated gas prices in the area right now.

It's no longer a wonder to me why there is so little support for the men's bball program at Tech. Jeez...cut the "kids" some slack.
    This ain't your hunt, TUfan. I recommend you unload your guns.

Dawg04,
    I do owe you an apology because I failed to comment on your willingness to wash cars, etc... I thought that was good. Anyway, the main point I'm trying to make, is that simply saying that it's going to cost @ $200 a person isn't sufficient. If you guys would break that down and say, for instance, that the hotel room is such and such a night, we plan on staying so many nights so that's such and such. We estimate gas at such and such... Then say how much you all have and then how much you need, it might go over better. But.... here is the main question, I'd like an answer to. Let's say it costs $3,000 for 15 people. Let's say that you guys are donated some of that money. If you all don't use that whole $3,000 dollars, what are you going to do with the money donated? Are you going to keep an expense slip so that you can vouch that all the money was spent? Let's say both teams lose early and you guys have to come home. What then?

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Dirty,

here's the breakdown

Hotel 2 rooms for 3 nights @ $60 = 360
    Gas 4 cars 300 (last year with 3 cars it cost us about 225)

Divided up by 13 (since two guys have everything except gas paid for) - $51

Add 9 meals of food - $50 (eating cheap) = $100

Add tickets - 3 girls games + hopefully 3 guys games = at least another $100.

That total is approx $200.

I will take personally responsibility and keep all the money counted up and if we have any extra I will donate it to the board's fund drive this spring.

Puppy cornydawg is an unknown
    I agree with Dirty- The members of this board were generous and volunteered to help raise money for you guys last year. Don't assume that they are just going to do it every year. Y'all sound so cheap asking for money. By the way, there are hundreds of other students at the ball games. Not just all the little blue shirts. You don't see other student fans wanting people to pay their way. It would never cross their minds because they would suck it up and pay for themselves.

Puppy kennel4tech is an unknown
    Ok this thing has gotten way out of hand and way to personal. Nobody said we were looking for a handout. We said if anybody would like to help we never said that you had to help and I think that is where everyone is getting confused. We will be allright with out it but as you can see it will be expensive. Look it's been a bad year for Techs mens sports and the kennel. We had to do deal with complaints from other students for us standing up, the football team, and the hoop troop because supposidly we dont do their cheers and now this. And to top it all of the Dawgs have fallen off a cliif. Dirty i'm sure it is hard to come to a game living 4 hours away and having kids nobody doubted that your loyalty. I think Robs and myself were insulted because you think that we need money are we wont support the teams that couldnt be further than the truth.
    Thank you TUfan and GLm for coming to our defense but i think and i hope this was just a big misunderstanding.

Lets remember the common goal is to help the support our teams not bash each other, we are all tech fans!
    And IF people would like to help than we would appreciate it, if not no hard feelings we will still be able to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by kennel4tech
    Thank you TUfan and GLm for coming to our defense
    You deserve it. If you guys come a little short, let me know. Maybe you can crash on my apartment floor with my kitties. Also, if you can find this TUfan, I am good for a beer or two.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by kennel4tech
    Ok this thing has gotten way out of hand and way to personal. Nobody said we were looking for a handout. We said if anybody would like to help we never said that you had to help and I think that is where everyone is getting confused. We will be allright with out it but as you can see it will be expensive. Look it's been a bad year for Techs mens sports and the kennel. We had to do deal with complaints from other students for us standing up, the football team, and the hoop troop because supposidly we dont do their cheers and now this. And to top it all of the Dawgs have fallen off a cliif. Dirty i'm sure it is hard to come to a game living 4 hours away and having kids nobody doubted that your loyalty. I think Robs and myself were insulted because you think that we need money are we wont support the teams that couldnt be further than the truth.
    Thank you TUfan and GLm for coming to our defense but i think and i hope this was just a big misunderstanding.

Lets remember the common goal is to help the support our teams not bash each other, we are all tech fans!
    And IF people would like to help than we would appreciate it, if not no hard feelings we will still be able to make it.
    Hang in there guys! You do a great job! Poor DD is probably missing momma as well as not getting much sleep when home due to their brand new little DD.

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Dirty,

here's the breakdown

Hotel 2 rooms for 3 nights @ $60 = 360
    Gas 4 cars 300 (last year with 3 cars it cost us about 225)

Divided up by 13 (since two guys have everything except gas paid for) - $51

Add 9 meals of food - $50 (eating cheap) = $100

Add tickets - 3 girls games + hopefully 3 guys games = at least another $100.

That total is approx $200.

I will take personally responsibility and keep all the money counted up and if we have any extra I will donate it to the board's fund drive this spring.
    Hey Dawg04,

Just a question...if two guys have everything except gas paid for, I am assuming you mean they are the ones who won the free hotel stay, etc. If that's the case, why not just let everyone crash in those rooms instead of purchasing additional rooms for everyone else? That might help with expenses a little...

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    The two guys who won the trip won:
    1 room with one bed in it and tickets.
    Their room is in the Sheraton where rooms are $80 a night.

If we get two rooms at the Courtyard for $60 a night including a suite we have room for 13 people to be comfortable.

So we're still staying 6 and 7 to a room. So at least 5 people a night will be on the floor and we will rotate beds.

Corny - no other students will go to the games. no others students have saved up and planned to go for over a year. That argument doesn't wash because no other students are going. No others students went to Florida. No other students went to Miss State. I doubt any other students will go to SMU. These are the diehards.

Tufan, my girlfriend wants to come see you cats.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    [quote:d8fa4a5bf9="kennel4tech"]Ok this thing has gotten way out of hand and way to personal. Nobody said we were looking for a handout. We said if anybody would like to help we never said that you had to help and I think that is where everyone is getting confused. We will be allright with out it but as you can see it will be expensive. Look it's been a bad year for Techs mens sports and the kennel. We had to do deal with complaints from other students for us standing up, the football team, and the hoop troop because supposidly we dont do their cheers and now this. And to top it all of the Dawgs have fallen off a cliif. Dirty i'm sure it is hard to come to a game living 4 hours away and having kids nobody doubted that your loyalty. I think Robs and myself were insulted because you think that we need money are we wont support the teams that couldnt be further than the truth.

Hang in there guys! You do a great job! Poor DD is probably missing momma as well as not getting much sleep when home due to their brand new little DD.[/quote:d8fa4a5bf9]

No Tyler, I'm not missing momma, and I am getting plenty of sleep. I just wanted these guys to do what Dawg04 has graciously done by breaking down the expenses. I'd still like to have an idea of how much they have and how much they need to be sure that they aren't just depending on us to fund their trip or a majority of it, which I'm sure they're not. I think most people know that I'll give what I can when I can, but I don't want to feel like I'm making more of the sacrifice. Also, I tend to get rankled when someone who is asking for money gets on the defensive and decides to be offensive when questioned by a prospective donor. The only other problem I thought about, and this may be a stretch, would be that since B,B&B is now an LLC, what is our liability if we give them money to go and something happens to one of them. Are we open to be sued by their parents if they were against their kids going? If they feel we contributed to their being able to attend, would we be responsible and be able to be sued? And being members of the board that is now an LLC, would a distinction be made between just those that donated and those who are just members?

Kennel4tech,

I have one problem with sending you guys some money. My wife. See she's gotten pretty pissed that I was told to get a life and called a loser. It's taken everything I have to keep her from posting back. In fact, I had to tell her that Austindawg and others would never let me live it down if my wife came on here to fight my battles for me. If I can persuade her, then I'll send what little I can as a peace offering since my original attempt at ragging you guys got blown out of WAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04

Tufan, my girlfriend wants to come see you cats.
    No problem. They are also viewable on the web.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/mmwegner

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Sorry DD! ops: As Rosanna Rosanna Dana would say,"Never mind!" I knew I didn't have to defend you. BTW, your LLC point might be a good one.

+ Reply to Thread