+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kennel/Dawgpound trip to Tulsa

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown
    Part of me says to not even say a thing on this post, but I can't contain myself. I think most of this is silly. We all have one central theme... GO DAWGS AND TECHSTERS!!!! I really have NO doubts the Techsters will prevail and the dawgs can do it, but they just have to play to their potential...

I really wish there were more students that traveled much like the kennel and dawgpound have. I, personally, work on the weekend and can't do the travel thing like I'd like to. I remember in year's past when ULL came to Tech. They'd always bring some of their frat guys and make it really fun to cheer against. Well, that is exactly what I wish would happen in Tulsa. But regardless, what Tech fans are there will MAKE NOISE in support of the girls and guys...

In closing, thanks to all who decide to donate. Your generosity is appreciated... To those who don't, no problem... This is on a "want to" basis... No hard feelings AT ALL!!! Hope to see all in Tulsa!!! I'll be there sleeping on the floor in one of those rooms... LOL, just have to let my boss know tomorrow at work that OI won't be around in a couple of weeks...

GO DAWGS AND TECHSTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Puppy kennel4tech is an unknown
    dirty,

I never called you a loser and I know the guy who did feels bad about it. He never usually posts on the board but he was just frustrated with the whole thing so he decided to post that, he knows it was out of line. The only reason I said that people like you are killing Tech is because I was frustrated as well.

Here's something we can all agree except for the Lady Techsters this has been a horrible year for Tech sports. So I guess we are all a little upset at this time.

Cool Hand- I hold you in high regard so I will let your comment slide.
    No hard feelings toward anyone.

Varsity Bulldog Vettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the rough Vettewrecker's Avatar
    I've had time to cool down about this, but even so this probably isn't a good time to post considering I'm not running on a very considerable amount of sleep. Here's my 2 cents and I know many of you will leave it rather than take it.

I do have a problem with you guys coming on this board asking for money to travel to a tourney. And I especially have a problem with Robs_Kennel telling my husband to get a life and calling him a looser. Kennel4Tech, you need to pass the word on to your little buddy that if he feels bad about it, he needs to come on this board again and publically apologize.

Let me tell you the reason I have a problem with you guys coming on this board asking for money. You've known about this tourney for many many months. Some of you had even been talking about how excited you were about going during football season. Since you've known about this tourney for so long there is no reason that you could not have been saving money this whole time. AND if you didn't want to have to put your precious little pennies aside because you had other things you wanted to spend them on OR if you really are that broke with having to pay rent, books, things related to and ONLY related to you attending school, you should not have waited until 2 weeks before the tourney to start "raising" money. You could have had car washes during football season when the weather was good. HELLO, it's winter time, who the hell would want to get out and wash their car or even get their car washed when it's all nasty outside??? So what I'm saying is that you guys apparently don't know how to plan well for things.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm excited that your excited and wanting to be involved in doing something good for the school. The BB&B contributes SSSOOOOO much to the school but you don't see the BB&B waiting until the last minute to raise money to help out or waiting until the last minute to plan out an event. Doesn't even sound like you guys even have a plan except to hop in some vehicles, pray that one doesn't break down on you on the trip up or back from Tulsa, pray that there are hotel rooms avaliable, and pray that you don't starve to death. This takes planning guys. You can't just hop on a plane or hop in a car and not have direction on where you are going.

All I'm saying is that if you had planned this better you probably wouldn't have to pay a cent out of your pocket to go. I have a problem with you guys asking for people with families for money at the last minute when you haven't planned anything out. Next year, for those of you that are still around, have a plan ready. Start raising money early and I'm sure everyone would be willing to pitch in. It's almost like you consider this a job and that you should be paid for it. I hate to see it when you get out in the real world and have a family.

Oh, btw TUfan, if having to eat 50 cent hamburger at McDonald's is what they have to do to keep from starving to death, then I think that's what should have to be done. They shouldn't be given an extra $5 and $10 to be able to eat a higher quality of food. They aren't going there to party or to eat steak dinners. You need to move on somewhere else. Like my husband said, this ain't your hunt.

Varsity Bulldog TUfan is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettewrecker
    Oh, btw TUfan, if having to eat 50 cent hamburger at McDonald's is what they have to do to keep from starving to death, then I think that's what should have to be done. They shouldn't be given an extra $5 and $10 to be able to eat a higher quality of food. They aren't going there to party or to eat steak dinners. You need to move on somewhere else. Like my husband said, this ain't your hunt.
    uh huh.

Varsity Bulldog Vettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the rough Vettewrecker's Avatar
    Very intelligent post TU. I'll have to remeber to use that line.

:roll:

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Vette - This was OVER. According to Dirty you weren't going to get into this. Dirty and the guys had quit arguing.

Are you really so mad that someone called your husband a name on a message board that you had to respond after the discussion has ended?

We've had hotel reservations for 3 weeks. So we got the reservations about 5 weeks before tournament. No --we don't plan ahead at all.

I have a problem with you guys asking for people with families for money at the last minute when you haven't planned anything out.
    We are not asking for people with families who cannot afford to help us give a penny. All we asked was that if anybody who wouldn't miss $5 or $10 and wanted to be generous that they could help us out.

Also if you went to school at Tech you know the weather changed from 75 degrees to 30 and back in January in a matter of days. So planning a carwash was not out of the question.

Football season the "extra money" we had went to pay for trips to Texas A&M, Clemson, Rice and SMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Vette - This was OVER. According to Dirty you weren't going to get into this. Dirty and the guys had quit arguing.

Are you really so mad that someone called your husband a name on a message board that you had to respond after the discussion has ended?

We've had hotel reservations for 3 weeks. So we got the reservations about 5 weeks before tournament. No --we don't plan ahead at all.

I have a problem with you guys asking for people with families for money at the last minute when you haven't planned anything out.
    We are not asking for people with families who cannot afford to help us give a penny. All we asked was that if anybody who wouldn't miss $5 or $10 and wanted to be generous that they could help us out.

Also if you went to school at Tech you know the weather changed from 75 degrees to 30 and back in January in a matter of days. So planning a carwash was not out of the question.

Football season the "extra money" we had went to pay for trips to Texas A&M, Clemson, Rice and SMU.

First of all, no one tells me who I can post to or when I can post. And there are 2 reasons why I haven't posted up until now. One being that DD asked me not to post and secondly because I have a 7 week old child. The only reason I even know anything about this thread is because DD keeps me updated on things that are happening on the board.

My point for responding was not because someone called DD a loser, although that did have some influence. My reason was simply because it's a free country and I can do whatever I want.

Don't you realize that a majority of the people who post on this board have families? So basically yes, you are asking people with families to donate.

When beginning this thread, since you did have a plan, you should have stated that plan. You should have said you had hotel reservations and they cost X amount of dollars. Give us details about these plans you've had for quite some time so that we can better determine how much money you are needing and so that we can determine if the money we are sending is being used for you to live high on the hog or just to make the trip.

I do realize that the weather changes in a matter of days. It does not just do that in Ruston at Tech. It does that all over the country. So don't give me that as an excuse. Also, why didn't you guys come on the board and announce that you were going to have a car wash? That way we would know when and where to show up.

As far as the money being saved during football season to go to the other away games, that's not a valid excuse either. You should know that if you need to save to go on road trips during the season that you need to save extra during the year to go to the tourney

I do appreciate the fact that you did get on the board and break things down. All of this could have been avoided if you would have told us the plans you had made, how much money you were looking at needing to cover what you didn't have. You should have said this:

Hey board memebers, this is Dawg04 from the Kennel/Dawgpound. We have plans once again to go to the tournament this year in Tulsa. It is going to cost X amount of dollars per student going. This We have all pooled our money in together and have X amount of dollars. This money includes hotel rooms, gas, and food. We are looking right now at being short X amount of dollars. Once again we are looking for any financial help that you could give. It would be greatly appreciated.

You could also include in there a list of fundraisers that you have held thus far. Then people would probably say, hey, okay, these kids aren't just looking for a handout but they have made a serious effort to set aside as much of their own money as they can and have gotten out and worked (washing cars, yard work, etc.) to raise money.

I apologize Dawg04 if I've offended you in any way. But just like everyone else, I have a right to post to whom and when I want to. I never really did have a problem with you as you did break down the costs and show that there was effort being made on your part to raise money and not just sit on your butt. I still did and do have a problem with asking for money for leisure activities.

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Hey VW---Great to have you posting again---even if you were just blowing off steam!!! I'm looking forward to seeing little DD. I could not bring up the picture tha yall sent on the e-mail. Hope to see you at the spring game . Papadawg

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by kennel4tech
    dirty,

Cool Hand- I hold you in high regard so I will let your comment slide.
    Just messing around!

+ Reply to Thread