+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catholics only please (if there are any of you out there)...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    Tyler, please thank your brother-in-law for his candid response. That is EXACTLY the type of discussion I wanted to have.

Again, thanks.
    I think that was WEUNICE's Bro.-in-law. Mine is a TECH grad and reads this board at times but I don't believe that WEUNICE and I are related. :wink:

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    [quote:48a547e154="AustinDawg"]Tyler, please thank your brother-in-law for his candid response. That is EXACTLY the type of discussion I wanted to have.

Again, thanks.
    I think that was WEUNICE's Bro.-in-law. Mine is a TECH grad and reads this board at times but I don't believe that WEUNICE and I are related. :wink:[/quote:48a547e154]

You're right. I fixed it. Thanks.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I have sent along your thanks ....

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Tyler ... a little background on his throughts about the Middle East. He went to the Middle East (Egypt and Israel) for a few months with YWAM. I remember him sending email out to his parents and friends begging them not to mention Jesus or Christianity during any phone calls, emails or snail mails. His thoughts are not based purely on reading and speculation. The man has been there.

I also went to Saudi for a month. Our experiences were slightly different but in a LOT of ways very much the same, but I was there for a totally different purpose. What we really need to do is send N.O.W. over to the Middle East. I am DEAD serious about that. They would see what really needs to be done.

You get a totally different perspective when you see folks working for 50 cents a day, living in trailors that may or may not have AC in 105+ degree heat ... in October. I also met OTHER MUSLIMS who work, essentially, as slaves. I met a guy who wanted to come to America because of the many riches he had heard about. He also wanted to snag a second wife, partially because his $1 a day job had him several countries away from his first wife and family. He hadn't seen them in TWO years. This stuff is WAY beyond what happens here ...

The perspective is even more humbling here. My church has a large group of refugees from the Sudan. Many of them saw their family memebers burned to death by Muslim forces whose purpose was to burn Christian churches. I read somewhere else that literally MILLIONS have died and this doesn't even creep into the news here. Bottom line. Talk to folks who GOT AWAY from persecution before putting on your peace hat. We are not talking rational thought here. We are talking about a WORLDWIDE CRISIS that is being ignored.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    The perspective is even more humbling here. My church has a large group of refugees from the Sudan. Many of them saw their family memebers burned to death by Muslim forces whose purpose was to burn Christian churches. I read somewhere else that literally MILLIONS have died and this doesn't even creep into the news here.
    If you want a REAL interesting account of the Sudan situation, go find yourself a copy of the January 2003 issue of National Geographic. They talk about the horrors of the civil war that has raged for all but 11 of the last 48 years.

And it wasn't just the Christians that were wiped out, but also the practitioners of the indigenous faiths.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    This is precisely the reason I asked only Catholics to respond to this thread. I have seen exactly 3 posts which deal with the topic at hand directly and of those, ONE came from an admitted catholic (who I asked the question to directly).
    My apologies Austin. I will bow out of this discussion.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Austin,

Your roomie told me you liked to read the yellow magazine with naked women in it. I finally figured out that he was talking about Nat'l Geographic.

By the way, if you were wondering who ate all your gumbo while you were away, it was him. He told me it was excellent though! I was sorry to hear about your loss.

Yeah, the yellow maggie with the naked pics is cool. Especially when they're in the throws of an aboriginal war dance!! But I just get it for the articles, I swear. LOL!

As for the gumbo, we're going to have to figure something out. Either I'm going to have to give him the secret recipe so that he can cook it himself, or I'll be cooking it once a week for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the condolences.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    As for the gumbo, we're going to have to figure something out. Either I'm going to have to give him the secret recipe so that he can cook it himself, or I'll be cooking it once a week for the rest of my life.
    What????? Are you making a pronouncement? Is the closet door opening? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    What????? Are you making a pronouncement? Is the closet door opening? :lol:

I think you know better than that.

Boy, we've really gotten off topic here.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    WEUNICE.

Interesting that you mentioned YWAM. Their main origam base is a few miles just northwest of Tyler>>along with Mercy Ships and Father Heart. We have supported and known kids with this organization for years. They are great servants of Christ worldwide.

I agree about the Mideast experience. My wife and I went to Israel with our church 2 years ago. Even though it was only for 10 days it was a true eye opener on life of the Muslims and Jews of the Holy Land! What an amazing experience and privilage to walk where OUR LORD walked. I would go back in a heart beat.

I plan to go to Israel in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    I plan to go to Israel in my lifetime.
    You will LOVE it! Besides the obvious incredible journey through the New and Old Test., the people are great as is the food. This might sound funny but it feels like you are going or at your real home.

+ Reply to Thread