I have a pet peeve and I will sum it up here ... Bad poll options, and I have created a bad poll or two myself, so I am not exempt from my own pet peeve.

Poll suggestions ...

Do not put cop outs at the end of your polls. Examples of these include:

Other
I am not sure
Doesn't matter

Other is acceptable in RARE circumstances. Try to avoid it if at all possible.

These non options always get about 10-20 percent of the vote because some of us are too lazy to make our minds up but like to feel part of the poll. Make us wriggle in our seats and MAKE A DECISION.

If you have a poll like, What OOC game do you want most to win? Include ONLY those options. Do not include "none of them" or "all of them" or a WAC game. If some witty folks want to respond and say "I want to win the WAC" then more power to them, but that isn't the question.

Also, never include something that is hard for die-hard Dawg fans to avoid pressing in order to actually answer the question. For example, in our politics forum, this would be a bad poll.

I voted for:
Gore
Bush
A third party candidate
GO DAWGS!!!

Also leave out things like "Vote?" ... we can look at poll numbers to get an idea of how many folks do NOT vote. I want to know how those who DID vote, voted ...

To sum it up. Make the choices clear and force folks to make up their minds. Include other ONLY if you cannot lump the remainder into a group.

Thanks for your consideration ...

Ggoose.