+ Reply to Thread

Thread: President's Press Conf.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I thought he did an excellent job. Some folks just don't get it or don't want to hear the truth.

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown
    President Bush has done a special thing for the country. He has made a lot of us understand the visceral dislike that many conservatives had for Bill Clinton all those wonderful peaceful, prosperous years so long ago. It really makes me feel closer to my fellow American, Bill O'Reilly. I gotta go wipe a tear from my eye.
    :wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    I thought he did an excellent job. Some folks just don't get it or don't want to hear the truth.
    DITTO!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech74
    President Bush has done a special thing for the country. He has made a lot of us understand the visceral dislike that many conservatives had for Bill Clinton all those wonderful peaceful, prosperous years so long ago. It really makes me feel closer to my fellow American, Bill O'Reilly. I gotta go wipe a tear from my eye.
    :wink:
    I know what you're saying American. I was at an art gallery here in Austin not too long ago and they were featuring the paintings of a gentleman who didn't like the Bush family too much. Every painting (and there were 25+) featured GWB in comfortable poses with such personalities as Saddam, Bin Laden, Charles Manson (of all people), Hitler and a wealth of other despots.

I couldn't help but get tickled and think to myself, "These are probably the exact same people who accused Republicans of having an unhealthy obsession for Clinton".

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    It's right there in plain sight for everyone to see. Saddam Hussein has violated the Cease Fire Agreement that ended the First Gulf War. Hussein had, has, and continues to conceal weapons of mass destruction, and has failed to account for several unaccounted for stocks of anthrax, botulism, and VX that were known to exist in 1998 (burden of proof is on them, not UN inspectors, to show those don't exist). Hussein has violated 16 UN resolutions and remains in material breach of 1441. Hussein continues to support terrorism with cash bounties to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers and tacit support for Al-Qaida operations. Hussein still harbors plans for a future war of conquest against Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, and is just waiting for the world to forget about him. The man is a threat to the stability and peace of the region and the world at large. We will carry out the mission, without the approval of the United Nations if necessary. Soon, that pathetic attempt at imposing one-world government will be consigned to history's landfill, and the world will be better off for it.

Liberals hate Bush. Fine. Your choice. But don't sell American national security down the river just to spite a leader you don't particularly care for. Even hard-core liberals should see the threat he poses to the American people and future peace and stability in the Middle East.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Did anyone happen to catch Tony Blair on MTV last night? It was an open question and answer session with kids from around the world. All of them opposed to the war. If Bush wasn't convincing enough for those on the fence about the Iraq problem, Blair was.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    What's MTV?

No, really I probably wouldn't have watched it had I known it was coming on. I can get mad enough just watching anything besides FOXNews on TV.

I'm guessing the questions were somewhat close ended being that MTV was doing this thing, but it is still no wonder that kids were opposed. It used to be that kids opinions reflected the thoughts of their parents. I'm not sure that is the case any longer. I'm not speaking of kids outside the US here, but in our public schools, kids are indoctrinated on issues like this. My kids have been in public school now for three years after starting out in a Christian based private school program. We are very happy with the education process, but I have been VERY surprised at what the textbook material contains as far as being PC. It's a job in itself in explaining that the views expressed are not always the views they have to subscribe to.

Puppy madgirldawg is an unknown
    Not only textbook views but parents views also are at times in error.. I think parents should allow kids to have their own views and encourage them to do so whether or not the parents agree or disagree. Do not force issues, but allow them to come to their "own" conclusions and be able to back their reasons up with , why they feel like they do. quote="maddawg"]What's MTV?

No, really I probably wouldn't have watched it had I known it was coming on. I can get mad enough just watching anything besides FOXNews on TV.

I'm guessing the questions were somewhat close ended being that MTV was doing this thing, but it is still no wonder that kids were opposed. It used to be that kids opinions reflected the thoughts of their parents. I'm not sure that is the case any longer. I'm not speaking of kids outside the US here, but in our public schools, kids are indoctrinated on issues like this. My kids have been in public school now for three years after starting out in a Christian based private school program. We are very happy with the education process, but I have been VERY surprised at what the textbook material contains as far as being PC. It's a job in itself in explaining that the views expressed are not always the views they have to subscribe to.[/quote]

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Maddawg,

Believe it or not, I almost believe MTV supports this war. All the kids in the audience were opposed to the war except for 3 Iraqis. They want this war, but they don't want civilian causualties as you coud imagine. Even the little stupid MTV bits seemed to be very pro war??

+ Reply to Thread