+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech vs. Rice

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Who is getting the start in games 1-2-3? MSU was ranked #9, Rice is ranked #1-what a week for the dawgs! I'd love to take 2/3 from Rice, but give me one and I'd be satisfied for sure. GO DAWGS!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Ditto -

I'm excited about having the #2 TEAM in the NATION playing a CONFERENCE game on our home field...

I plan on making 2 of the 3 - starting tonite...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Have fun for me guys! Let's just compete hard. A win will happen this weekend...I can feel it.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I thought I saw where Rice was #1. I hope I can talk my father-in-law into make the Sat. game.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaDawg
    Have fun for me guys! Let's just compete hard. A win will happen this weekend...I can feel it.
    I'm pretty sure 3 of them will happen - I just hope atleast ONE of them is in OUR win column 8-)

If we start Matt Varner in game 2 instead of Jason-we win that game. He was untouchable in his work. WE had three lead off doubles in the game and all were stranded but one I believe and we had men on 2nd and 3rd with one out and failed to score. Game two was our game to win. Nice crowd also, I was surprised!
    Varner has to be one of our top 3 starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    If we start Matt Varner in game 2 instead of Jason-we win that game. He was untouchable in his work. WE had three lead off doubles in the game and all were stranded but one I believe and we had men on 2nd and 3rd with one out and failed to score. Game two was our game to win. Nice crowd also, I was surprised!
    Varner has to be one of our top 3 starters.
    I think if we bring him in game 1 in relief in the 8th we win that game - like we did the Nebraska game -

Except for our first two pitchers we have no pitching - that is why it is imperative to get that opening win in the season -

Rice is where we want to be at - however game 3 shows where our depth is at -

I didn't think Jason did that bad of a job, he was just in there too long. It certainly didn't help that he got behind every hitter 2-0 or 3-0 either. He has a pretty good fastball. I don't think he's better than Varner after what I saw. It is apparent we are lacking in the arms department. Our bats didn't exactly wake up either and help out early.

You are right about the 3 games and depth I believe.
    I counted 16 players who pitch on the roster off latechsports. Surely, some of those guys can come in and get people out even if it is just one time through the lineup 1-2 innings. I think Chedister was drafted so he obviously has some talent, maybe he'll find it soon and be a solid #3 starter. Kirkendall is obviously #1, Varner should be our #2 and Chedister/schneider/tucker should be fighting out #3 spot. If I am not mistaken Andrew Alsup from Ruston throws in the 90s and that is tough to hit. I've never seen him pitch but I know he was 1 of 4 that RHS had last year to throw 90+. He may be a RS this year.

One of the guys had to have surgery and is gone for the year -

I can't remember who it is though -

Rice was just out and out good - and had good pitching and played solid defense -

Just from talking with Wade this year - I know we are really struggling to find the pitching and a consistent help out of the pen - which is what basically cost us the games at Southern Miss -

Man I wish we had signed Corey Kenner...

I don't know who kenner is but surely Chedister is the guy who got hurt and is out, otherwise he'd be one of our top 3 starters I would think.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough
    Pitcher that is out is Matt Lacy, one of the main weekend relievers. Had disc problem in back that couldn't recover from even though he tried. Had back surgery, out for season and possibly summer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I don't know who kenner is but surely Chedister is the guy who got hurt and is out, otherwise he'd be one of our top 3 starters I would think.
    Little left-handed pitcher out of Minden that signed with Nortwestern (last year's early signing period) - great kid who was basically unhittable at the highschool level -

Shan Moore's 1st cousin -

We signed his battery mate - McGuire (Kyle?) who is sitting out this year after having shoulder surgery -

Kenner's first start was against LSU, he got tagged with a hard luck 1-0 loss...

He was one of those kids who didn't meet the "eye-ball" test - I guess...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Or his daddy didn't have a fat wallet.

+ Reply to Thread