+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ULM

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

ULM

The explanation is probably on X since that is the go to for Tech Athletics...

Apparently our team needed to fly out of Shreveport to get to Miami and ULM helped us out by switching the games. I assume paper tickets for the game in Ruston on the on 4/16 at 6:00PM will be honored on 3/26 at 4:00PM.

No need to email or text season ticket holders. They should all have an X account and subscribe.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: ULM

Dawgs win 8-4. Thought we were going to need to score 20 to prevail today, but then both sides put up the goose eggs.

I like those uniforms, look like what baseball unis are supposed to look like.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech definitely missed Davis’ contact swings today. Thankfully it wasn’t particularly impactful that Drost had his more or less normal 2 strike outs. The obvious thing is that Tech is winning and has to keep it up no matter who the competition is.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

I like those uniforms, look like what baseball unis are supposed to look like.
    Old school unis like back in the Gravy days.

I loved the drama in the top of the 9th when ulm’s best hitter came up only to be tossed after striking out looking. Had the ump behind the plate been awake he’d have rung him up one pitch sooner. He was standing on top of the plate and got two screw balls he thought were inside. Both were masterful pitches by Bates.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It was great 😊. Evidently by way of the coach’s reaction to that player’s behavior he has some attitude and self discipline issues. I haven’t seen a coach manhandle a player like that in about 30 years.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Tech definitely missed Davis’ contact swings today. Thankfully it wasn’t particularly impactful that Drost had his more or less normal 2 strike outs. The obvious thing is that Tech is winning and has to keep it up no matter who the competition is.
    Heard he was injured, but haven’t seen it actually reported.

Davis is hurt in some way. I saw it in how he tried not to use his right hand in Sunday’s game and was in obvious pain at times. I sure hope it’s not serious because the team really needs him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Dalton Davis has a broken hand and is out for weeks. He hurt it in practice. According to reports he was catching fly balls, in practice, nonchalanted one that glanced off his glove hitting the other hand.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Dalton Davis has a broken hand and is out for weeks. He hurt it in practice. According to reports he was catching fly balls, in practice, nonchalanted one that glanced off his glove hitting the other hand.
    LB is probably happy. Now he can put Drost back in the lineup.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I loved the drama in the top of the 9th when ulm’s best hitter came up only to be tossed after striking out looking. Had the ump behind the plate been awake he’d have rung him up one pitch sooner. He was standing on top of the plate and got two screw balls he thought were inside. Both were masterful pitches by Bates.
    Yes both were strikes well inside the zone -

They WERE identical pitches - literally

I think that if Fed doesn't get between him and up it could of ended up worse for the kid, who I'm told is really a loose cannon

I think a similar situation happened last year with him vs the Cajuns and he was suspended from the team for the rest of the season
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

It’s a good thing the fans let it be known how totally unacceptable it was for Drost and Safford to keep taking turns in RF while mostly failing at the plate which ultimately led to Comeaux getting his chance to play and thankfully being very capable of fielding and hitting the ball. Now the obvious problem is that with Davis out and all the time Burroughs has wasted on Drost and Safford Tech is short a contributing player and don’t suggest Berch because he’s as incapable as the other two already mentioned. Burroughs should’ve been developing someone else off the bench. Now his limited options are to play either Bates or Evans full time in some capacity. I’m pretty sure we all saw the writing on the wall if some starter got hurt of what needed to be a backup plan except for Burroughs, so now Tech is in a situation of needing to keep winning with a limited number of experienced players.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    It’s a good thing the fans let it be known how totally unacceptable it was for Drost and Safford to keep taking turns in RF while mostly failing at the plate which ultimately led to Comeaux getting his chance to play and thankfully being very capable of fielding and hitting the ball. Now the obvious problem is that with Davis out and all the time Burroughs has wasted on Drost and Safford Tech is short a contributing player and don’t suggest Berch because he’s as incapable as the other two already mentioned. Burroughs should’ve been developing someone else off the bench. Now his limited options are to play either Bates or Evans full time in some capacity. I’m pretty sure we all saw the writing on the wall if some starter got hurt of what needed to be a backup plan except for Burroughs, so now Tech is in a situation of needing to keep winning with a limited number of experienced players.
    I give it to my most promising young outfielder and roll with it -

Drost may have had all the talent in the world at Barbe, but it hasn't manifested itself at the collegiate level

I don't want Bates as an everyday player - I want him at DH and closing, a lot less stress on his arm

I'm hearing Coates and Karsten Evans are not the answer out there - just can't make plays on the ball

Could be a long 4 weeks
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread