+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop hating LSU

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Leave the hating of LSU to ULL/They have nothing better to do/Tech's reputation speaks for itself and doesnt need to be bitter/LSU is a talented team but I hope you've noticed but Tech is #6 and I do believe thy have the talent to back it up. Go TECHSTERS and Good Luck LSU

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Stop hating lou state?

Okay ocean, quit being wet. Oil and water, play nice and mix.

lsu and its tank top nation bleauxs.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Beaux, you are right but old habits die hard!
    Laissez, le bontemps roulez! See you at the regional tournament round!

If you think my spelling of French words is bad, you ought to hear me pronounce them!

Varsity Bulldog cgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66
    Leave the hating of LSU to ULL/They have nothing better to do/Tech's reputation speaks for itself and doesnt need to be bitter/LSU is a talented team but I hope you've noticed but Tech is #6 and I do believe thy have the talent to back it up. Go TECHSTERS and Good Luck LSU
    Amen!! I am proud to be a Tech fan (first and foremost) and an LSU fan second!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I am proud to be a Tech fan first and a fan of whomever is playing lsu second! :twisted:

ellessewe is a dark and evil thing that sucks the life and soul from Louisiana. :x :x :x

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Atleast in basketball - you have a chance to settle it all on the court -

And somehow I think the committee will stack it so that these two teams meet in the regional semis if both get that far...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    There is a well-known and often talked about phenomenom in Psychology in which victems often fall in love with their kidnappers.

It's referred to as the "Patty Hearst Theory", or something like that....

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    It's actually Stockholm Syndrome, and it was thought up long before the whole Patty Hearst deal.

Don't see what that has got to do with this whole thing though.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    I am proud to be a Tech fan first and a fan of whomever is playing lsu second! :twisted:

ellessewe is a dark and evil thing that sucks the life and soul from Louisiana. :x :x :x
    Sorry you feel that way, but I hope you (like me) can differentiate between a greater institution and certain individuals who do bad things supposedly in the name of that greater institution.

Like I've said before, I've had numerous negative experiences with Tech fans. I don't let that dictate how I feel about Louisiana Tech or the vast majority of Tech fans. And I will ALWAYS root for a Louisiana school over an out-of-state school.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstorm
    Sorry you feel that way, but I hope you (like me) can differentiate between a greater institution and certain individuals who do bad things supposedly in the name of that greater institution.

Like I've said before, I've had numerous negative experiences with Tech fans. I don't let that dictate how I feel about Louisiana Tech or the vast majority of Tech fans. And I will ALWAYS root for a Louisiana school over an out-of-state school.
    Jet,

Let me relate a little story to your always pulling for an instate school with a personal experience.

I went to the Tech/Nebraska game. It was a decent game. As you may know, pretty much everyone rants and raves about how congenial the Nebraska fans are. We got a standing ovation when we left the field. It was respectable, and Tech fans were just awe-inspired at the gracious treatment. I, however, had a different opinion that was later confirmed by the chauffeur on the way to the airport. Here is my opinion. It was easy for Nebraska to be gracious in victory because they just beat the bejeebers out of us. It was the same with every other team they clobbered. However, on the trip to the airport the chauffeur confirmed my suspicion when he told me that Colorado didn't get treated like that. Why? Because Nebraska didn't always beat the bejeebers out of them.

You may ask what all this has to do with your point of pulling for other state schools and yours and others dismay at Tech, and other state schools, dislike of LSU. It's simple. It's easy for some LSU fans to still pull for other state schools because we haven't been given the same level playing field in which to be competitive to LSU. I suspect that had we had people in the Legislature half a century past that did all they could to be sure Tech had every advantage that LSU did, you wouldn't see so much divided loyalties.

Don't get me wrong. I do not pull against LSU. To be honest, there was a time when I was first and foremost a Tiger fan. Then, I became a fan of both schools. Then I hated LSU with a passion. Now, I really don't care what LSU does or doesn't do as long as their fans leave me alone.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Very well stated Dirtydawg!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    differentiate between a greater institution and certain individuals
    I can. You are an exceptional poster. I think everyone on this board appreciates your input. But you are the rare exception. And I can only base that assesment on my personal experience. Most lsu fans that post here are insufferable sumbitches. And, personal experience has further led me to beleive that these are fairly representative of the whole corpus of chigger fans. (I grew up in Kenner, ya know.)

I will ALWAYS root for a Louisiana school
    Great! So do I! I will always pull for the Louisiana school unless it is lsu. Or ulm. Or ull.

Or Tulane. Or Grambling. Or Southern. Or UNO. Or SU-NO. Or McNeese or Nicholls or Centenary or LC or lsu-s or lsu-a or lsu-e or NSU or SLU or Dillard or Xavier or Loyola.

Did I miss any?

Go Lousiana schools! Viva la Louisiane! Je suis du Louisiane!

That's a good story DD. You have to understand though that Colorado is Nebraska's arch-rival. At times it has gotten very heated, hence the bad blood between the schools.

Now even though LSU doesn't play the in-state schools on a regular basis in football and basketball (something I've never agreed with but appears to be changing slowly) I can understand the negative feelings of some smaller school fans toward LSU, and will even admit some of it is justified. I think the way things developed with higher education in Louisiana to get to what we have today, however, has more to do with the cronyism of corrupt state governments of the past, of which LSU's administration was part and parcel of, then anything LSU's fan and alumni base did. We were given flagship status back in the 1880s because there were no other public colleges at the time. So I guess the only reason we have it is birthright of the eldest son. Regardless, I am not ignorant of the fact that past LSU Administrations have at times preferred the easy route to maintaining that status (cutting the legs out from under the smaller schools) than the hard route (investing the money and making the sacrifices necessary to remain a top-notch university). The name change wars with UL-Lafayette are a prime example of that. But all that is in the past. I was two years old when USL first tried to get University of Louisiana status and still in high school when they compromised with UL-Lafayette. My dad wasn't even born when Earl K. Long snuck LSU's stadium upgrade into the state budget. What happened in the past is regrettable, but it is in the past. There is nothing we can do about it now. People like me and my friends, hopefully, are the future of Louisiana and Louisiana's system of higher education. I'm confident our Chancellor, Dr. Emmert, will be instrumental in making LSU a university all Louisianians can look up to and be proud of. And every other college in Louisiana can be the same way. The goal ought to be to create a higher education system in our state that will be the envy of the entire world, a high caliber "Public Ivy League" that does the job of educating our youth very well. Money's tight for everyone right now (yes, even at big, bad LSU that steals all your money, I have to take tests off the overhead because they're rationing paper) but hopefully the next governor (whoever he or she might be) can do a better job of funding our universities.

Okay that's enough for now. Seriously, I'm addicted to these message boards, when I should be studying for mid-terms. Anyway, I'm just asking ya'll to dial down the venomous hatred a little bit, let's leave the past in the past, and our idiot fans really are in the minority (every school has them, we're no different than anyone else and not half as bad as some I've heard about) so don't stereotype like the weenie Europeans do us (I can tell you for a fact not every American is disgustingly obese! Just me! ) Ya'll should come visit www.tigerforums.com where we have some nice guys (it's not like the LAIR, or the LIAR as we like to call it). If we should meet in the NCAA Tournament, let's play hard and cheer hard but keep it clean, and may the best team win. If the Lady Tigers can't bring home the championship, then I hope the Lady Techsters will be the ones to do it for Louisiana. Good luck and God bless you all!

+ Reply to Thread