+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #1 seeds set (IMO)

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    With LSU's win over Tennessee today, I think all 4 #1 seeds have been determined:

Connecticut
    Tennessee
    Duke
    LSU

Connecticut and Tennessee should get the East and Mideast Regionals, respectively. Duke and LSU should get sent to the Midwest and West Regionals. My inclination is that LSU will get the Midwest Regional since they are not hosting the 1st and 2nd rounds.

The race is wide open for the #2 seeds. Kansas State should be a lock. The Big 12 champ (if not Kansas State) should be one as well. Right now, Texas Tech, Mississippi State, Texas, and Louisiana Tech are possibilities for the remaining spots. (Right now I think the Techsters are on the outside looking in for a #2 seed, but that could change this week.)

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Probably two Big 12 teams will get #2's -- my guess would be KState and whichever goes further of Texas and Texas Tech. Maybe both Texas schools without KState if KState doesn't make the conference final. Also possible is the Big 10 champ (probably Purdue or Penn State) and the Big East runner-up, especially if it is Rutgers. Even North Carolina is a possibility if they don't lose to anyone other than Duke. And they will be a 2 if they win the ACC tourney (unlikely).

We'll still be lucky to get a 3. There ain't no way we get a 2.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    A lot depends on the Big 12 tournament. Texas, KSU, and TT are all possibilities for a #2 seed. If one of these teams win the tournament (likely), that one for sure gets a #2. If another one of these three gets to the finals, there is the other one.

If one of these loses in the first round of the B12 tournament, they will lose their #2 seed. Texas is playing better than anyone in the B12 right now. I would give the edge to them to win it. I will be cheering for one of the underdogs, though, not any of these three.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Since Tennessee is locked into the Knoxville regional, everyone assumed that ConnU would be staying as close to home as possible in Dayton with Duke and LSU going to Albuquerque and Stanford.

With Villanova's 52-48 upset win in the Big East finals, does that open the door for Duke or LSU to go to Dayton?

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    With Villanova's 52-48 upset win in the Big East finals, does that open the door for Duke or LSU to go to Dayton?
    It could. Going into the games today, UConn held a small lead in the RPI over Duke. Their RPI could drop enough for Duke to "earn" the right to go to Dayton. Also--don't know if this may be a factor--Hartford, CT is hosting the East Regional next year, and the committee may be inclined to send UConn out to the West this year.

I don't see LSU going to Dayton though.

+ Reply to Thread