+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: punk rock/geopolitics

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I don't have 46 years of experience, but I'd have to agree he's my favorite thus far. BUT, our current leader is fastly gaining on him. I must say, President Bush has done much better than I anticipated under much worse circumstances than I could've imagined. And, he's really shown great leadership and humility in the midst of the numerous challenges that he's faced.
    AMEN for the 3rd time tonight! I agree 100% about "W"! This might sound a tad bizzare to some but I do think that SATAN does not like a Christian President in the White House and is trying his best to really mess up a truely great thing. Poor "W" has been tested in 2 years more than some of our past Presidents ever were during their 4-8 years. Praise the good Lord that "W" seeks council and wisdom on his knees! Man, I bet that statement brings a few on here out of the woodwork.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    If you consider the threat to free nations in the '80's was the Soviet Union and communism, Reagan's support of resistance troops in Afghanistan was warranted and successful.

Sure, it would have been nice to have a crystal ball and be able to look ahead. But, the biggest blunder in regards to Al Queda was Clinton's refusal to take Bin Laden out.
    Okay, both valid (yet arguable points). I'm sure historians will still be debating the true extent of the power of cold war USSR, and how Al Q. came to be... But what's that got to do with the man we're about to go to war with?

During the 80's, we propped up Hussein -- With dollars and bombs and guns, anthrax strains, and technology to develop the weapons he's got now -- because we liked that he hated Iran. My enemy's enemy, and all... (and, we ended up playing both sides when, of all things, we sold weapons to Iran then spent some of the money to fight a guerilla war in Central America...)

A lot of speculation about when he was killing the Kurds, he was dumping that mustard gas out of helicopters he got from us...

But, like you said, there's no crystal ball, though. And hind sight is always 20/20...

(and one day I'll learn how to spell so I won't have to edit so much)

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Hey TURBODAWG>> "It's raining like a race horse!" :lol:
    Man, tell me about it.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Hey Turbo, I get your point about the lack of an Iraq - Al-Qaeda connection but as I said, it doesn't matter to me. What does bother me is the number of leaders in the democratic party criticizing the President. I just don't think they get what September 11, 2001 did to the psyche of the American people. Across Lake Dardanelle from my house, I can see the coolant tower of Arkansas Nuclear 1. Every day when I leave and drive the 25 miles to my office, I hope nothing happens that day. It's not something I dwell on but it's just a concern that's there. I think a President's most important mission is to protect the American people and I think President Bush is doing what he thinks has to be done to achieve that. We have put a major hurt on Al-Qaeda in the past year and a half and Iraq will be next. I've posted this on another thread on this board, but I was at a meeting last fall with Mike Ross, Democratic Representative from the Arkansas. He was asked a question about whether we would be going to war with Iraq. He said he didn't feel like we had any choice but to go. He said he has been in on briefings with generals he respects and trusts and much of what he has heard is classified. He did say that he truly believes that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. He said they have weapons that can fit in something the size of a softball that if detonated in the U.S. would make Sept. 11 look small by comparison. This comes from a very level headed common sense democrat that I respect. Sorry about the length of this post but I got a little carried away.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    :twisted: Senator DASCHLE can bite my BUTT! :twisted: What a bunch of COMMIE WHIMP comments last night!!! What else is new from this LITTLE MAN COMPLEX CLOWN :x ! He needs to resign NOW!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    He just doesn't get it. Polls now show better than 60% of the american people are ready to get it on. Also, 70% of americans believe we've done all we can diplomatically to solve this crisis. Daschle and Kennedy can sound like idiots but if I were in the Democratic party I'd be putting a muzzle on those 2.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    ...........and pull the trigger.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    The Democrats are digging themselves a real hole to try to climb out of with their tongues! Americans are more and more supporting the president on this conflict and his job performance - and these jokers are being critical of an action that most favor - and one they professed to favor only a few months ago. I'm not a fan of Daschle and Pelosi and company, so its fine with me if they want to be that way!

+ Reply to Thread