+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #5 in the West

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar
    We continue to get no respect :x We face the possibility of playing Stanford on their court or Texas or Arkansas on a "neutral" court. But it could have been worse. We could have to face Tenn at their house to get into the final four. I just hope the girls keep it up for Ford's sake. What a distinction to be the only living four year Techster to not have played in a final four. Let's don't break the streak. Speaking of streaks, I did hear them say that we now had the nation's longest winning streak.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    The "fact" about no 4-year Lady Techster ever missing the Final Four is wrong.

Belinda Jones was a four-year letterwinner in the first four years of the program. She was a senior in 1977-78, Barmore's first year as an assistant and the year before the first Final Four team.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg
    The "fact" about no 4-year Lady Techster ever missing the Final Four is wrong.

Belinda Jones was a four-year letterwinner in the first four years of the program. She was a senior in 1977-78, Barmore's first year as an assistant and the year before the first Final Four team.
    Most womens basketball fans do not consider anything that happened before the NCAA as "real" ... Our first national championship is OFTEN discounted by the pundits on the ESPN womens board, yet if I recall only a subset of the teams played in the NCAA's the first year. There were some good teams who did not. If anything, the second one was against lesser teams more than the first one. They count that one though because it says NCAA next to it.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Who are those bozos on the selection committee anyway. How can a team ranked 23rd be a 4 seed. Oh well, it really doesn't matter, if we are a 4 or 5, we win 2 games at home and move onto the regionals.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    Who are those bozos on the selection committee anyway. How can a team ranked 23rd be a 4 seed. Oh well, it really doesn't matter, if we are a 4 or 5, we win 2 games at home and move onto the regionals.
    That's the great thing about NCAA basketball -

You win you advance -

You lose you go home -

Its that simple -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    This is hardly surprising guys. Look at it this way, imagine being a 4 seed and having to go play the Techsters at La. Tech. It wasn't their intention, but in some ways the committee screwed Ohio St. worse than they did anyone else.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Actually, based on what I have read from folks who follow the game a little more than all of us, Ohio State should have been a 5 seed, so essentially the difference is that we get a tougher first round opponent. There are 16 slots available for Top 4 seeds. Ohio State is where they should be, playing on the road at a "higher" seeds site. Now the fact that it happens to be a team that shouldn't be a 4 or a 5 seed ... yes ... I would say that is a little rough, but I am sure they think they deserve it and will come to Ruston to try and prove they do.

BTW, this coach took a Vandy team into Ruston and nearly beat us. The committee knew this and that is why Ohio State is coming to Ruston. They want us out and the earlier the better. If not they REALLY want LSU to take us out. Unfortunately for them, they gave us quite a nice shot at making the Final Four by taking us away from teams that we usually struggle with in the tournament (UConn, Tennessee) ...

Don't worry, a good performance this season will get us right back in a region with UConn next year.

Varsity Bulldog american is an unknown
    Since we were given a 5 seed, I suppose we play first on Sunday. That gives us two more hours to rest for the second round.

Have we ever worn blue uniforms at home before?

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by american
    Since we were given a 5 seed, I suppose we play first on Sunday. That gives us two more hours to rest for the second round.

Have we ever worn blue uniforms at home before?
    I think we play second since we are the host team.

We've played in blue at home only once that I remember. I think it was in a Sun Belt tournament in the early '90s. It was strange seeing the Tech bench on the other side of the court for that game.

Puppy cornydawg is an unknown
    Blah, Blah, Blah. Same story, next chapter. Bottom line is if we want a higher seeding, we need to play some higher quality, out of conference, opponents and win them. We don't have to play all of these games before league play starts. Stick somebody half decent in there in the middle of conference play. Everybody else does, and it seems to work. I am sure Oakes knows this by now, but for some reason (money), he won't. There is more to basketball than playing just Tennessee every year.

Puppy Spuds Mc Techster83 is an unknown
    8O Let's all take a look at the " selection committee" and be like the little boy the jack a&& kicked? We just gotta consider the source that kicked us! 'It ain't over til the fat lady sings' and they are about to enter the door to OUR HOUSE. Are they not? I believe I hear that ole gal tuning up and getting ready? Party on Lady T's

Puppy kennel4tech is an unknown
    Our OOC schedule was not that bad. Tennessee, New Mexico, Texas Tech, and Western Kentucky are all in the dance its the WAC that killed us.

Actually, it is the OOC games you didn't list that killed us. Nicholls, Centenary, Arkansas State etc.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Although this screwing by the lezbonazis could be a positive motivational factor fo the ladies, the point of seeding ohio state above us just shows how much contenpt for the real experts rankings ( or sheer stupidity--take your choice) that the selection committee has.

+ Reply to Thread