+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What about basketball if we go to war?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    If we go to war on Wednesday night or Thursday should the NCAA games be played here? I was thinking about that and am not sure. I know I'll not be watching, but will keep my TV on FOX News, but sure seems like the NCAA men's and women's playoffs would be awfully hard to reschedule. But, when our folks are at risk over there, I'm wondering who besides the players and the die-hards of the competing schools is going to be too interested. What do y'all think?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Markay, 911 was such a powerful shock to the country that shutting down sports for a week or more was necessary and right. W's war isn't going to traumatize all sports fans or all U.S. citizens. I thought you were ready to go to war. I know people who are already traumatized and almost not functioning at the thought of the U.S. actually attacking Iraq, but most of those people don't follow sports anyway. They don't even surf the channels that feature sports.
    As much as W loves sports, surely he'll try to keep the prime news from developing during prime-time NCAA broadcasts.
    Have you tried to use email or go to a Web site on a "domain-name server" tonight? A lot of servers aren't functioning on the Internet tonight. Wonder who is causing that?
    SARCASM ALERT

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    ESPN radio was accepting calls discussing whether NCAA games should be cancelled and delayed.
    One strong point came from soldiers already overseas. They want to enjoy sports on TV and radio and computer while they are in the war zone or other duty. They don't want us to stop what makes March special in their lives.
    About the only reason to delay anything would be a fear of insufficient security. That, of course, could mean never having another such event, if taken as a primary reason. Who can predict when security will be adequate.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    CBS announced the games of both tournaments will go on as scheduled, war or not.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    I agree with that. There will be plenty of sources for war info. No need to screw up everybody's entertainment while screwing up the entire NCAA system.

I'd rather discuss steamrolling my Dixie Chicks CDs. What an idiotic thing for a Texan (American) to say.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I'm not a country music fan, but I can't even imagine any country singers being so stupid as to say something like that. I kind of think of country music fans as heart of America, flag waving types generally - you know, good folk. You have to think they should've known that they were slitting their throats to say such a thing. Surely they didn't think it wouldn't get back over here! Yep, they might be looking for real jobs soon - or at least might have to switch styles of music!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Well I'm not really a country music fan either. Not modern country anyway (exept for Dirtydawg's Sis). I was a fan of the D.C.s though. They were fun to watch and quite easy on the eye too. Man, I hate when I have to start disliking beautiful woman because of their (publicly expressed) political views. You know, sort of like Hillary and M.L..

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    That's right! How can anybody POSSIBLY question the president and still call themselves an American?! INCONCEIVABLE! :twisted:

If you dont like the President's policies that just shows you are a bad musician. And a bad person. And probably a terrorist. And a communist too.

The President is a superior human being to all of us little peons, and his judgement is INFALLIBLE! Nobody has any place criticizing him! After all, a full 70% of Americans agree with him! That should clearly illustrate just wrong the other 30% is!

sheesh.

.................................................. ......

Disclaimer: Champ967 supports the war 100%. He also supports people who dont support the war, and doesnt think any less of them for it. Unless they are French.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    If we go to war on Wednesday night or Thursday should the NCAA games be played here? I was thinking about that and am not sure. I know I'll not be watching, but will keep my TV on FOX News, but sure seems like the NCAA men's and women's playoffs would be awfully hard to reschedule. But, when our folks are at risk over there, I'm wondering who besides the players and the die-hards of the competing schools is going to be too interested. What do y'all think?
    My middle brother is in Kuwait City and already has his brackets filled-out...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    I agree with that. There will be plenty of sources for war info. No need to screw up everybody's entertainment while screwing up the entire NCAA system.

I'd rather discuss steamrolling my Dixie Chicks CDs. What an idiotic thing for a Texan (American) to say.
    And they took Toby Keith to task for his "Angry American" song after 9-1-1...

If they want to protest they need to put down in song -

CSYN - some of thier BEST music was protest driven -

But then again - half these jokers CAN'T write and I believe they kicked out the only member that could because she wasn't "pretty enough" to make the cut...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    The Beastie Boys prtest somg SUCKS! :thumbsdo: (And I've always been a big fan.)

And you just know the Oscars are gonna be a freakin protest CIRCUS! There wont be any acceptance speeches. Just ant-war/Bush rants.

If you dont like the President's policies that just shows you are a bad musician. And a bad person. And probably a terrorist. And a communist too. - Champ

I wouldn't go that far. Just ignorant. The D.C.s were idiots for doing it on foreign soil just before the start of the war in a country that supports us.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I think that the problem is that it was more of a personal attack than disagreeing with his stance. I think that if that had simply stated that didn't agree with him instead of saying they were ashamed he is from Texas, it would be a little different.

Fair enough. It was neither an appropriate forum nor method for criticism.

+ Reply to Thread