+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sounds like we're whoopin' serious butt.....

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Don't know if many of you are following the events in the Persian Gulf today, but reports coming in all over to the effect that the Iraqi defensive is falling like the house of cards that it apparently was. Hearing that we've already captured several south Irag cities. Scuds are being intercepted as they've been fired, with no damage.

Rumors are flying that the Republican guard (the supposed loyalists) are beginning to defect. Hopefully the siege of Baghdad will be completed in short order and those WMD's will be found (thus vindicating our position). Will be interesting to see how the rifts in the UN Sec. Council play out when this is all said and done.

For those of you without the luxury of cable tv in your office (like me), I cannot recommend enough the XM satellite radio.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    You've got XM in your office?

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Yes. Actually what it is is a Delphi Sky-Fi XM unit, which is basically a portable XM receiver unit. They make attachments for the unit which allows it to play through a car radio and they make a boombox attachment that it plugs into. I have the boombox in my office and the car unit in my car. I simply pop out the receiver and remote and take it with me when I go.

It's pretty cool. The subscription is $10 a month and for the news stations I get Fox News, CNN, CNN Headline, BBC, CNBC, Weather Channel, ABC News and a few others. Indispensable in times such as these.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Ok ... but you are still a nerd.

Nah, man. I check out the reggae channel sometimes.

That's gotta give me SOME coolness credibility, right?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Ja mon! :nuts:

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    Scuds are being intercepted as they've been fired, with no damage.
    Scuds? Surely not - those are prohibited weapons and I'm sure Saddam didn't have anything he wasn't supposed to, huh?

My favorite statement of the day- "if you have to ask, its not shock and awe"!

+ Reply to Thread