+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jemayel Phillips Moving?

Puppy Akbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the rough
    From Louisiana Football Mag web site -- "Rumor has it that Winnfield graduate Jemayel Phillips (6-6, 360, OG) may be leaving Nebraska. Phillips was scheduled to start next season, but it's been said the big man is homesick. Stay tuned... "
    Does anyone have any inside info on this?

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I hope our coaches keep track of all these big, local recruits who leave for out-of-state schools and then become "homesick" or whatever after a year of being there.

Good recruiting tactic.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    I hope our coaches keep track of all these big, local recruits who leave for out-of-state schools and then become "homesick" or whatever after a year of being there.

Good recruiting tactic.
    They should keep a list of all the guys that go off to big schools and end up transferring or disappearing, then rattle of this list of names when they talk to some of these big time recruits.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    That cold bitter wind must have did him in. I was up there in Feb. and I didn't have a thick enough jacket.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I'd certainly take him in a heartbeat. He could sit out next year and be eligible as a sophmore to play and have 3 years of eligibility since he RS last year at Nebraska. I hope you're right.
    He could transfer to Grambling and be eligible immediately I guess. Don't do that!

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)
    I hope he has realized that all the promises that Nebraska told him were nothing but lies and comes to Tech like he was susposed to. Plus, I'm sure his mother helped in his decision to return. I remember when he said he was going to Nebraska.....money was talking there and it looks like the check bounced. He'd make a great addition to the Dawgs!

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    I saw Phillips play in high school. The guy is a MONSTER! He would be a great addition to Louisiana Tech. If a guy of his size and strength can't get PT at Nebraska, I shudder to think about the big heavies ahead of him on the depth chart. Then again, him not getting PT may be one of the reasons Nebraska ain't the dominant program it used to be.

I wanted him to go to LSU, but I honestly can't tell you if we recruited him or not. If we didn't, somebody dropped the ball. If we did, we still missed out on a good one. I would like to see him go somewhere where he could play though, especially close to home. Joey Pender, his coach at Winnfield, said he was one of the best 5 offensive linemen he had ever coached, possibly THE best. He's that good.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    We all know that lsu didn't recruit Phillips because they always sign all of the players they recruit from La. :wink: Just like they didn't recruit Anthony Thomas, a first team All-American RB for Michigan and NFL rookie of the year. Too bad he wasn't good enough to play for lsu. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    We all know that lsu didn't recruit Phillips because they always sign all of the players they recruit from La. :wink: Just like they didn't recruit Anthony Thomas, a first team All-American RB for Michigan and NFL rookie of the year. Too bad he wasn't good enough to play for lsu. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    Ha! That's a fact. I went to high school with Anthony and remember the day that UMich came down to recruit him. When he signed with them, all I thought was at least it wasn't LSU. :wink: Seriously, DeNardo[sp?] only came once to Winnfield, and that was when he was doing his state wide tour. Never once did LSU contact Anthony, nor did they really talk to Jemayel. Remember, LSU said Terry Bradshaw wasn't smart enough to play football for them. :wink: Let's hope Jemayel comes to Tech, he'd make a great addition to our line.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown

+ Reply to Thread