+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the word on our guys?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What's the word on our guys?

Is Iso and Batcho, and Miller, Jr. coming back for another year? I suppose they want to test the NBA draft waters. But, I can tell them they need another year of college ball at Tech. Then, they'll be ready for the pros.

And, no I am not just saying that in an attempt to keep them here. It's true, they need another year of college ball.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: What's the word on our guys?

The biggest need is a serviceable PG.

Newman had spurts of good play, but more off than on. Gotta have a consistent PG to win.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Miller is coming back - damaged goods so he really doesn't have much of a market

Iso & Batcho are testing the professional waters to see if they would be drafted or proffered a solid FA contract - I have a feeling Batcho could make a lot of $$$ overseas

I just don't see a market for Iso at the professional level
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I saw an article that talked about how Iso's age could keep teams away. Basically stated that he'd need a couple of years in G-League.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

if iso could clean up his ball handling, i could see him being an nba prospect. but as-is, g-league is probably the best he can do. of course i want him to come back for one more year, but this is a guy who has already had two potentially career-ending injuries -- you can't blame him if he decides to take whatever chance he has to play professionally before it happens again.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Looking at all the new signees, there are gonna be a lot of new faces on the team next year. I guess it is still too early to know who all will be returning from last year, but if anyone has the inside track, please let the rest of us know.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Boo, hiss...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Boo, hiss...
    When coach brings in your replacement, it’s probably time to leave https://latechsports.com/news/2024/4...r-forward.aspx

When coach brings in your replacement, it’s probably time to leave https://latechsports.com/news/2024/4...r-forward.aspx
    If this is the reason Miller left, then he has no future in competitive basketball and might as well hang up his sneakers now. I tend to doubt, though, this was his reason. Just thinks "the grass is greener across the fence," and is delusional that somewhere else will be "magical" for him. Even with this addition, and even with Iso and Batcho returning, Miller, Jr. would have seen enough PT to show his stuff...and! if he fancies himself to actually be good (which I think he has the talent to be), he would have carved out even more PT next season. Then in his junior year, with the departure of Iso and Batcho, he would have been the "big man on campus" with two full years to build his NBA resume'.

Instead, I just think he got caught up in the whole stupid portal thingy with someone giving him bad advice. We'll see where he ends up, but I'm thinking he's going to regret his decision to leave Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If this is the reason Miller left, then he has no future in competitive basketball and might as well hang up his sneakers now. I tend to doubt, though, this was his reason. Just thinks "the grass is greener across the fence," and is delusional that somewhere else will be "magical" for him. Even with this addition, and even with Iso and Batcho returning, Miller, Jr. would have seen enough PT to show his stuff...and! if he fancies himself to actually be good (which I think he has the talent to be), he would have carved out even more PT next season. Then in his junior year, with the departure of Iso and Batcho, he would have been the "big man on campus" with two full years to build his NBA resume'.

Instead, I just think he got caught up in the whole stupid portal thingy with someone giving him bad advice. We'll see where he ends up, but I'm thinking he's going to regret his decision to leave Tech.
    This is from the Tech Website / I updated Class & Years in College. I think Miller Jr was asked to leave. With the additions, we'll have 13 scholarship players (Ponder is a walk on).

Puppy TXR62011 is an unknown TXR62011's Avatar

This is from the Tech Website / I updated Class & Years in College. I think Miller Jr was asked to leave. With the additions, we'll have 13 scholarship players (Ponder is a walk on).

What is this third to last column showing? Where they transferred from?

Quote Originally Posted by TXR62011 View Post
    What is this third to last column showing? Where they transferred from?
    Yes / previous schools. For some reason my computer doesn't paste the top row when I copy & paste. The Tech site only shows last school

Miller, Jr. was asked to leave? Surely not! At least I hope not. He is so much better....WAAAAY better...then some of the guys remaining. When Batcho got hurt during the season Miller started a game or two in his absence, scored 17 pts with close to 10 rebounds in one of the games. Surely Hester ain't that stupid.

True, Miller needs some development, but his potential to be a major contributor is huge. Nope! I think this was strictly Miller's decision, based on some very bad advice he got encouraging him to enter the portal. As he is no longer a Dawg he is "dead to me" and I don't care what happens to his career now. But that doesn't lessen the impact to Tech's prospects for next year. Oh well...

Hope this Sean Elkinton turns out to be the real deal! That will certainly help. We still need guards though. I think both Sean Newman and Jordan Crawford can be major contributors, but both coming in off the bench. Tech needs a PG and now a scorer to replace Chavez.

It's official.

+ Reply to Thread